More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:45:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim wants to marry someone whose memory has been deleted?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim wants to marry someone whose memory has been deleted?  (Read 4481 times)
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Sim wants to marry someone whose memory has been deleted?
« on: 2009 August 30, 06:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Short version: I deleted the memories (and potential gossip) where these two sims fell in love (and cleared their crush/love flags), but they keep trying to interact romantically, and they still roll romantic wants (i.e Get Engaged to X)

Longer version: My idiot Sim decided to autonomously flirt with a girl friend, and I was too slow to catch it. As a result, he got his "Fall in Love" for the first time granted, and had hearts and crushes with her.  I could have exited the game without saving, but apparently my brain was napping so I didn't.  I used the InSim Relations Adjuster to clear the heart and crush flags, then I exited the game and fiddled around in SimPE.  After "cascade"-deleting the love memories and invisible "LTA" things from both my Sim and the non-love, I went back into the game and used the Batbox to clear the gossip and attraction stuff.  One reload later, I found that my Sim kept rolling romantic wants to do things with the girl (the biggest being the marriage and woohoo wants), and when she was around he kept trying to act romantic.

Why the crap is he still magically in love, and is there a way to actually fix this? If I can't get back the "Fall in Love for the First Time" want, that's fine; I just want him to stop wanting anything to do with this whore :/
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: Sim wants to marry someone whose memory has been deleted?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 30, 06:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuke the bitch.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 30, 07:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm hoping for another alternative  Wink

As for the problem itself, my Sim just farted a thought bubble containing a big heart. Either SimPE didn't delete the memory properly, or I fudged up somewhere..
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 30, 07:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm hoping for another alternative  Wink

You said:
I just want him to stop wanting anything to do with this whore :/

Solution: NUKE THE BITCH.

Otherwise, you have royally fucked your game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 30, 08:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of this really helps. The event is permanently ingrained into their want history trees and such wants will continue to manifest, well, basically forever. There isn't an editor that can fix this, so you'll either have to just ignore it until it eventually goes away sometime after the Sun explodes, or nuke them both. It's the only way to be sure.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 30, 17:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Caution:  if you just kill her, he will still be in love with her.  I've had Family Sims roll the want to Fall in Love with and fear of Falling Out of Love with Sims who were quite dead.  "Deleted: Electric Boogaloo!"  might work, but maybe not.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 30, 20:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Caution:  if you just kill her, he will still be in love with her.  I've had Family Sims roll the want to Fall in Love with and fear of Falling Out of Love with Sims who were quite dead.  "Deleted: Electric Boogaloo!"  might work, but maybe not.

That's a bug, the FFS debugger has a 'nuke dead romances' option that takes care of it.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 30, 20:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of this really helps. The event is permanently ingrained into their want history trees and such wants will continue to manifest, well, basically forever.

Oh FML. Angry He wasn't supposed to fall for or flirt with her, so it will bug me if the wants keep rolling wants and tries to hump her all the time.

Since I spent time editing them all in CAS, I'll just clone them and nuke the hood then.  Starting over sucks, but thanks for the help & valuable info, everyone =)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: