More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:56:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  TS2 Hair Conversions: *UPDATED* Jeanette and Uni male ponytail
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2 Hair Conversions: *UPDATED* Jeanette and Uni male ponytail  (Read 82549 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: TS2 Hair Conversions: *UPDATED* Jeanette and Uni male ponytail
« Reply #25 on: 2009 October 13, 23:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha.  In that case, the only thing I can suggest (if such a thing is possible on a Mac) is to create a batch file or the Mac equivalent that would delete the cache file and then launch the game.

I don't know how to create a batch file, I'm no programmer.  Are there any tutorials for that? (Easy ones)

I could tell you how on a Windows rig, but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about Macintosh.  I did find out via Google that the term for Macs would be a "shell script" rather than "batch file," so all I can suggest is you poke around some Mac forums and see if anyone can help you out.  Good luck!

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 October 13, 23:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a bit of forewarning-- you will find that deleting the caches does not always solve this problem for Macs (the link in my earlier post talks about it a bit more). It seems to be pretty much luck of the draw-- sometimes CC hair works, sometimes it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be a permanent solution for the problem yet, though clearing your caches and restarting your computer sometimes helps.

I sing along with elevator music.
appsimsfan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 October 22, 00:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

I found out that deleting the caches is not the case cuz each time I delete them before launching Sims 3, the hair mesh still doesn't show up properly.  However, I did found out that I have to restart my game EVERY TIME after launching it once to see the mesh.

I tried reinstalling The Sims 3 but my game won't launch unless I update it to 1.4.6.1 patch and I even tried to contact EA but they are unable to help. "sigh"

Are there any other way to fix this besides restarting my game?  If not, I hope a next patch comes out to fix this.

Pls let me know, thanks.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 October 22, 14:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Again, the link I provided on the first page details all of this.

I sing along with elevator music.
Mason
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2018 June 27, 10:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen the Jeanette hairstyle from S2 and LOVE longer hair on my guy sims having been a '70's teen.and this site is about hairstyles hope you can get some information about this site
https://www.mrkidshaircuts.com/toddler-boy-haircuts/
Mason
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: TS2 Hair Conversions: Jeanette and Uni male ponytail
« Reply #30 on: 2018 June 27, 10:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ambular, you are my hero for today! The Jeanette style was my absolute favorite long-ish style for guys ever! Grin  I currently have a Sim who needs that hair almost more than life itself. lol
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: