More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 20:59:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Opportunities and Cellphones splattergated!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Opportunities and Cellphones splattergated!  (Read 12334 times)
veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Opportunities and Cellphones splattergated!
« on: 2009 July 14, 20:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone was asking if there was a way they could leave the game running while they attended to Real Life. Quite why, I am unsure.

My solution was this simple mod, created with The Sims 3 Mod Generator, which can be found here: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=353622
If someone could test it, would be great, since I have no real desire too.  Cool

Edit: Techy: XML Mod, simply raises minimum days between opportunities to 100,000,000 and weekly opportunites reduced from 2 to 0. Also increases the chance of NOT being phoned with every tick to 100%.

* Opportunites and Cellphones be Gone!.package (12.96 KB - downloaded 319 times.)
BrownsFan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Opportunities and Cellphones splattergated!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 15, 21:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played it for about 4 hours and it seems to work for me, good job.
insidious_glamour
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 26, 21:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I be college student working on my MA thesis (16th century Ottoman imperialism huzzah!) and this is actually quite useful for me.  I'm rather ADD and like to let my game run while I'm researching online so I can take a break now and again and try to figure out what my sims have done whilst I was occupied.

I have AM and indie stone mod as well as various other meanie hacks to make life harder on my sims and I tested this, letting my game run for a few hours.  Other than the random loadscreen death that I get there were no other problems.  I remove the mod to my "quarantine" folder when not needed. 

non ducor, duco.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 11, 05:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only opportunity that is useful is the crap with restoring ghosts, all the others are just a bore. I would like to have this feature as just a paid service like it become after the first restoration.
I can really appreciate your mod. Downloading.
AnastasiaRenai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 24, 22:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason this mod does not work for me.  I only have the following mods on my computer. 

Autonomy Woohoo
Investments
Opportunities and Cellphones

I don't have any other downloads on my computer.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am trying to run the game with as little interference as possible, but I have to keep clicking the "x" on the darn opportunities.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 26, 15:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. I came back to see if there was something new on the subject once I cannot find anything that nuke opportunities. Not even the option given in game to silence the phone helps. I silence the phone or command sims to ignore phone calls and the opportunity shows up anyway.
Really begging for a no-opportunity at all.
veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 27, 10:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best I can really do for you is point you to the tool I used to come up with the original - I have NEVER tested this mod, as it's not something that bothers me and was just a response to someone whinging that they couldn't find the necessary brain capacity to operate the tool.

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=353622

It's been updated now and has a search, should make it a little easier to find the parameters you're after. The only problem is, I suspect some of the opportunities are unkillable via XML hacks. You can but try.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 27, 10:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to download the tool to see if I can find something but I agree with you, I also doubt that this can be done in a simple xml.

Sorry to disturb again but could you explain something: the tool specifies that it requires Java 1.6
I googled for java 1.6 and entered a thread where all points end with "please update to the last Java"
I have the last Java I suppose once I made a complete update of all software installed in my computer. Is this enough?
Sorry again but I'm done with being called a retard for every doubt. I don't want to install something that probably I will not be able to uninstall. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 27, 11:02:37 by edalbformat » Logged
veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 27, 13:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no installation to worry about, you simply unpack it and fire up the .exe file.

As for Java, you should be up to date if you really do anything on the internet at all - if not, go here: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 27, 17:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot veezee. I contacted some of my friends and fortunately some of my tard friends don't mind to be humiliated and investigated around. We have a common friend that is dealing with Linux and could answer that the problem I was having should not be caused by Java once I updated. Finally I found out that the tool looked weird because it looks weird anyway.
Well, anyway I solved the problem with s3pe and nuked the opportunities. It had nothing to do with this mod.
Thanks for your kindness to answer.
veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 27, 17:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot veezee. I contacted some of my friends and fortunately some of my tard friends don't mind to be humiliated and investigated around. We have a common friend that is dealing with Linux and could answer that the problem I was having should not be caused by Java once I updated. Finally I found out that the tool looked weird because it looks weird anyway.
Well, anyway I solved the problem with s3pe and nuked the opportunities. It had nothing to do with this mod.
Thanks for your kindness to answer.

Not an issue, courtesy is free (as is net-venom). For the benefit of people looking to solve this issue, can you tell us what you did with s3pe to solve it? If it's a package file - you could upload it as an attachment.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: