More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:35:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can Inge's apartment mods be partially combined with Pescado's?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can Inge's apartment mods be partially combined with Pescado's?  (Read 9703 times)
CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Can Inge's apartment mods be partially combined with Pescado's?
« on: 2009 August 27, 19:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to use some of Inge's apartment mods with Pescado's?
Specifically, I want to have these:

Pescado's apthack and alfixes, want these because sims satisfy needs based on what objects they have in their apartments / community areas.

Inge's rent system, because it has no deposit, just a weekly rent, higher for furnished.  If Inge's rent system causes any incongruity in family funds upon moveout, I don't care, can change family funds with a cheat.  I prefer reasonable weekly rent to a large deposit at move in time.

I do not want to install Inge's mods for satisfying needs based on what pictures are hanging where, prefer the Pescado version based on what objects sims have.  

I know HCDU reports that Inge's controller mod conflicts with Pescado's mods.  I'm hoping I can just put a Z at the beginning of Inge's tenant and landlord mod names, have them load later, and have Inge's rent system with Pescado's needs satisfying system.  The problem is, I don't know if Inge's rent and need satisfaction mods are independent.  Do Inge's Controller mods have just rent stuff, or rent and needs stuff?  Also, I don't know if Pescado has separate pieces of code for rent and need satisfaction or not.  So if Inge's mod is overriding Pescado's rent code, would it also clobber Pescado's needs code, or not?

Can I just keep these

alfixes
apthack

ijApartmentControllerPatch
ijApartmentControllerResidentsPatch
ijApartmentJobsPatch (I know, not for rent, but I want it)
ijApartmentLandlordPatch

and get rid of these?

ijCommunal****

Also, can I use Inge's AL version of the 4key door mod with Pescado's apthack and alfixes?  I know Inge's site says it's okay, but I don't know if that was written before or after apthack came out.

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can Inge's apartment mods be partially combined with Pescado's?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 28, 09:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The two items are completely incompatible: You have to pick one or the other.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 28, 12:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 4key doors should involve about as much code as EAs internal locking system (or APO for that matter, but via a different function so they are not mutually incompatible), meaning it is acceptable to have it in the game, but in certain cases certain pathways need to be unlocked.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 28, 12:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Ingelogical doors are fine to use as they aren't global, but their behavior may cause automated systems to behave erratically if vital areas are improperly locked off, and you can't use them in certain places where the code expects specific types of door. However, the Ingelogical apartment system is simply a completely incompatible implementation and your game may explode if you attempt to use both at once.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 31, 05:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i use the 4key doors and aptfixes. the only thing i have noticed is the rent totals are shown wrong on the doors when renting. they are calculated right and subtracted from funds correctly but the actual cost of the apartment is a mystery.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

Do I look a little sallow to you?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 15, 19:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of using Inge's no-deposit mod, is there a Flying Fish Systems mod to kill the deposit that IS compatible?  I like the idea of this now that I've read it...

INFJ.  European Leo.  Chinese Pig.  Neat Freak.  Control Freak.  Simmer.  WoWer.  Bookworm.  B-Movie Addict.
I have many Anonymous meetings that I attend.
Don't judge me!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 16, 10:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. There's no way to fix it since otherwise, every time you move in and out of an apartment, you will gain a huge wodge of cash. Being that I am strictly opposed to such things, I have absolutely zero motivation to make one. Apartments are for keeping your sims poor, not giving them tons of money every time they move out!

Besides, you get the money back when you leave, so why are you whining? It's not like real security deposits, good luck getting those back. Besides, when you think about it, the fact that you even CAN is a bonus. Originally, you couldn't get a furnished apartment at ALL and had to refurnish the entire stupid thing every time. Also, you are still stupid, like your hat.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 16, 10:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're talking about the 4-key locking door mod I put on MTS, then that is global.  I don't think it clashes with Pescado's appartment hacks - it didn't with mine - but it would clash with the authorised personnel hack.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 September 16, 10:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably wouldn't, since you have your own door-locking system that is independent, but it's also totally irrelevant to apartments, as the 4-key door is not an apartment door and will not correctly designate an apartment.

pentabet
Blathering Buffoon

Do I look a little sallow to you?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 September 16, 23:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, you get the money back when you leave, so why are you whining? It's not like real security deposits, good luck getting those back. Besides, when you think about it, the fact that you even CAN is a bonus. Originally, you couldn't get a furnished apartment at ALL and had to refurnish the entire stupid thing every time. Also, you are still stupid, like your hat.

Actually, I have yet to move a sim out of an apartment, so I didn't know that they'll get it back.  That is dumb.  And I like my hat, Mister!

INFJ.  European Leo.  Chinese Pig.  Neat Freak.  Control Freak.  Simmer.  WoWer.  Bookworm.  B-Movie Addict.
I have many Anonymous meetings that I attend.
Don't judge me!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 September 16, 23:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't say you had to change your hat, merely that it was STUPID, like YOU! And it's still stupid, because you're still stupid!

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 17, 02:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, you get the money back when you leave, so why are you whining? It's not like real security deposits, good luck getting those back.

Especially if you have cats.  One reason I bought my own place is that it was cheaper to let my cats have accidents on my own floors.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: