More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:59:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Get Your Homeless Bums off the Street in Style! (Over-stuff-able Housing)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Get Your Homeless Bums off the Street in Style! (Over-stuff-able Housing)  (Read 13952 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Get Your Homeless Bums off the Street in Style! (Over-stuff-able Housing)
« on: 2009 August 27, 03:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With all consideration to Mr. Pescado's list of what's acceptable and what's not for playable families, this first group consists of "Display Grade" dwellings.  In fact, that's exactly why I built them.

I started them for looks, nothing more, than I realized that half the population of my town could live in these three lots if I just turned on the Overstuffed Households option in awesomemod. Then I realized that if EA ever releases an expansion pack that has apartments, I'll have a head start.  I decided that instead of waiting until I had the time to completely furnish them, I would upload them as they currently are.  Each one comes with a single family dwelling of a different size. More beds and/or cribs can be added to fit the desired family size for the building. I uploaded MANY screenshots of each building (there are over 80 shots in all).

This is what they look like:

If someone wants a huge house that goes above and beyond the Display Grade criteria, then this could be the house for you! This one is HUGE, 15 Sim-worthy plus guest house with modern-type architecture. It has an indoor pool, backyard with playground and BBQ area, rec rooms, study/office, HUGE playroom for toddlers and children, and a ton more. It is fully furnished and still has room for more stuff! Here's a picture of the exterior.

All of the lots (and both of the street replacement texture sets) can be found here.

Disclaimer: I, the maker of these lots, realize that by posting this here on MATY I am opening myself up to severe chastisement, lip-ripping, and possibly other tortures like having my works be put on display as "DO NOT WANT" content by other members of MATY. It's a risk I'll take.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 27, 16:52:10 by Regina » Logged

rushmorerunner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Get Your Homeless Bums off the Street in Style! (Over-stuff-able Housing)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 27, 03:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These look nice and architecturally accurate. Nice job - I like the contrast of the buildings when you make more than one per lot, yet they all work with the roofing choice you made. Very nice.
Orange
Asinine Airhead

I hate image dominoes.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 27, 04:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house situated on the lot to the very left looks really nice. This sure beats those ugly-ass barracks I built in my neighbourhood.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 27, 04:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like these. They are compact and look realistic. I think they'd fit well into just about any neighborhood, but would work especially well in a historic hood.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 27, 05:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I like my sims to be crowded, dammit! All that space in between the houses has been driving me crazy. This rowhouse should work nicely.

I sing along with elevator music.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 27, 05:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great! Good work!

Finally I can be a selfish asshole - in style.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 27, 05:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you all like them!  Shoot, just a change in wallpaper and knock down some of the pretties and slum lords could be in hog heaven with these! Grin

Yes, Rushmorerunner, they are architecturally accurate. I spent considerable amount of time just searching the vastness of the interwebz for proper pictures for reference. I knew what I wanted, just didn't know exactly how to approach it. I've been crossing my fingers that others would like them as much as I do.

Re: Period vs. modern, I was playing around with these a bit when I first started building them. If it's modern architecture anyone is after, all that takes is a change in roof style, wallpaper, doors, windows, and possibly some of the railings. One thing I will advise, though, is that when it comes to the one on the right-hand corner, because of the basement, the roof needs to be drug over the entire building at once. I tried placing the roof differently on it but kept getting a refusal to place because of something like uneven terrain (I don't remember right now exactly how it was worded). It took me about a half hour to figure out the basement was causing the problem. I have plans of redoing these in a modern style when time allows but I really don't know when that will happen. I'm slowly working through my current to-do queue and trying not to add any more to it at the moment, so I may get there yet. One thing that definitely comes before that is two more of this type of building for the other side of town.

Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 27, 07:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sunset Valley will look more like a true city with these! Thanks for the links.

Now, I'll be working tirelessly to make Awesomemod work for once.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 27, 12:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The rowhouses are my favorites, looks roomy enough for multiple families. I love the architecture and the style is very chic. Are they furnished? Doesn't really matter, I love playing doll house and giving them an advant garde style. Creative!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
nanisim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 27, 15:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen pictures of that in your blog days ago, when downloading your empty hoods and the city stuf replacements. Glad to know they are now available to download. I'm very lazy to make it by myself, and unable to get it so goodlooking.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 27, 15:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like those display homes a lot. I might even have to covert them into apartments in The Sims 2.

My only criticism is with the actual livable house. I feel that the roof at the very front could actually extend into the middle roof, but that's a minor thing. You've done a really good job here. It's quite hard to fill up a big house, and you've made pretty good use of the space, while leaving just enough for the inevitable extra expansion crap. Good job.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 27, 17:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alex, I know exactly what you mean about that roof.  I am not good at roofs (and in fact, fail miserably overall when it comes to building, but am trying to learn) and rebuilt that roof a half-dozen times or so. I kept running into one problem consistently, in that placing the roof exactly as I wanted it resulted in odd ends and sections of the roof being in places it shouldn't be. In the end I had to compromise between what I wanted to do and what the game would allow me to do.  The more I build, though, the more I'm learning what I can get away with and what I can't so I'm hoping future projects won't look quite as discombobulated roof-wise.  That house was an experiment from the beginning. Someone requested a house for 15 Sims. Could I do it? I had no idea. I decided to try. They had specs they wanted (like the indoor pool) so I figured out where to put the pool then built the house around it. LOL

Let me tell you all, it makes the hours I spent working on all these much more worth it when other people can use them as well. Wink

saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 29, 09:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin I love those period houses Regina! They're extremely accurate looking.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 29, 18:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Saraswati! I must have got a pretty good do on them because aside from Syera's jewelry they're the hottest downloads of the month. LOL  That's good because it gives me a lot of incentive to get the others started that I want on the other side of downtown. Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: