More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:28:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The Birth Control Mirror
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Birth Control Mirror  (Read 123627 times)
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: The Birth Control Mirror
« Reply #75 on: 2010 May 31, 18:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did as you recommended and now it is working as intended.  I'm usually meticulous about deleting the scriptCache every time I install a new mod.  Perhaps I failed this time.
Similar things happened here, too. To a lesser degree, though. Sometimes the object from the new version seems to get "disturbed" by the object of the old version (which gets saved with the savegame), despite the script cache being deleted. Seems to happen, when there are only minor signature changes, i.e. too minor for the framework to treat the mod as an entirely different object.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2010 June 02, 14:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to version 10. See first post for details.
You'll need to update BCM to version 10 to use it with game version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0. Also BCM version 10 is not backwards compatible with older game versions.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010 June 05, 15:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to version 10.1.
Please update. There's a bug in V10 which prevents to load worlds after loading a world once (applies to WA destinations, too).

BTW: This bug is present in the obsolete version 9.1, too. I won't debug that version, though, because I don't want to and the code doesn't even exist anymore.
morgy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010 June 06, 14:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the update Buzz!!
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010 July 07, 01:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a little confused on the scoring system - could someone explain it to me in more detail?  For instance does a higher overall number mean the person is more or less likely to be pollinated?  It appears that the individual numbers being higher increases the odds of pollination, but the overall score being lower increases the odds of pollination.  If a sims' overall number is at or below 50, is that person considered a redneck (assuming I'm using the default settings)?  If someone wants to give me the actual formula that would be cool. 

Below is my assumption on how the different scores are influenced, are these correct?

Job Score (JS) - based on level of job

Financial Score (FiS) - based on total value for household, including house, lot, stuff and cash on hand

Family Score (FaS) - based on single/married, number of kids already have

ReS - I have no clue what this is.  Is this the raw Redneck score?

Age Score/Compressed Age Score (AS) - first number gets higher as you age, the second one is bell-curve-ish

Wish Score (WS) - higher if family oriented or showing want to have babies

Risk Score (RiS) - higher if flirty, hopeless romantic, great kisser, party animal
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010 July 07, 15:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For instance does a higher overall number mean the person is more or less likely to be pollinated?  It appears that the individual numbers being higher increases the odds of pollination, but the overall score being lower increases the odds of pollination.
In all cases higher score means higher chance of pollination.

If a sims' overall number is at or below 50, is that person considered a redneck (assuming I'm using the default settings)?
The other way around: If a person is considered a redneck, the redneck score (50 by default) will be applied. Only rednecks get that specific score. After that there's no special treatment for rednecks.

Job Score (JS) - based on level of job
Level and income, the latter probably being inaccurate for the new career types. Plus, there's a little malus for part-timers.

Financial Score (FiS) - based on total value for household, including house, lot, stuff and cash on hand
divided by the number of sims belonging to the household.

Family Score (FaS) - based on single/married, number of kids already have
Plus mali/boni if the sim or her partner are polyamorous, live in the same household, are overstuffed, have a free crib.

ReS - I have no clue what this is.  Is this the raw Redneck score?
That is the Relationship Score. Kinda sneaked in unannounced with either the update for the Ambitions patch or the bugfix. It's a measurement for the age and trait compability of the couple in question.

Age Score/Compressed Age Score (AS) - first number gets higher as you age, the second one is bell-curve-ish
Age score is already bell-curve-ish and with the default age shifting it's a pretty good approximation of the RL distribution of the age at which women give birth (in the so-called First World nations). Since this score is actually multiplied with the sum of the other scores and not just added, there's the possibility to lessen it's influence with compression. That simply means all age scores will be shifted in direction of the middle, i.e. 500.

Wish Score (WS) - higher if family oriented or showing want to have babies
There's no wish to have babies, not for inactive sims. It's entirely trait-based with a whole lot of randomness for insane sims. Wish score alone is actually pretty crude, but I think together with the other scores it gives a pretty good assumption of the overall situation of a sim and the likelihood of him/her developing the wish to breed.

Risk Score (RiS) - higher if flirty, hopeless romantic, great kisser, party animal
Basically yes, as it is also entirely trait-based. The only trait taken into account of the ones you stated is flirty (and unflirty). The others are more like indicators for the question whether or not the sim is likely to omit contraceptions or fuck up at using it. Like genius, absent-minded, dumb (if AM is present), daredevil, loser, lucky/unlucky and a few more.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010 July 08, 11:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the clarification!  What about situations where I played a family and left them with a want to have a baby before I switched to another family?  Does that affect their score at all?
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010 July 08, 15:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about situations where I played a family and left them with a want to have a baby before I switched to another family?  Does that affect their score at all?
No, it doesn't. I'm aware that this is AwesomeMod's home turf, but I don't take it for granted that everyone uses AwesomeMod. So to me inactive sims having wishes at all is a special case. Inactive sims having the wish to breed is an even more special case. The result is a very special case, that really is too rare to be taken into account. Plus, IMHO the spawning of wishes isn't really that sensible anyway, so there's not much of point.
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010 July 21, 22:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for all the work you've done on this mod, Buzzler. It's far easier to use this than trying to manually manage population.

I have a few questions. In the Maintain-O-Mat mode, is the number of current pregnancies used when calculating the neighborhood's total population? It seems that the BCM currently runs in fits and starts in this mode. It tends to overshoot the target population by about 7-10 sims and then has to sit idle until the population naturally settles back to the target, at which point it will overshoot by 7-10 sims again. This leads to a less than smooth population distribution. If current pregnancies are not counted as part of the population, making it so that they are would probably fix this.

Also, would it be possible to implement a super-smooth mode where a target population is set and the BCM tries to maintain a pre-calculated number of pregnancies? For example, if lifespan was set to 80, pregnancies lasted for 3 days, and a user wanted a population of 120, the BCM would keep the number of pregancies around 4.5 every day. This would make all of the numbers in the "Demographic's Deviance" table in the "Raw Data" function close to 0.

Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010 July 22, 05:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to experimental Version 11
Hint: For all I know, Sustain-o-Mat might be completely fucked up now.

I have a few questions. In the Maintain-O-Mat mode, is the number of current pregnancies used when calculating the neighborhood's total population?
It was; I fixed it in version 11. Sorry about the experimental status. I was in the process of finally implementing real pollinations instead of the "Boom, you're pregnant!" stuff and didn't want to go back to the old code.

Also, would it be possible to implement a super-smooth mode where a target population is set and the BCM tries to maintain a pre-calculated number of pregnancies? For example, if lifespan was set to 80, pregnancies lasted for 3 days, and a user wanted a population of 120, the BCM would keep the number of pregancies around 4.5 every day. This would make all of the numbers in the "Demographic's Deviance" table in the "Raw Data" function close to 0.
In a closed loop system you can only have one feedback value. Target population and target number of pregnancies would make it two values. I've added something to cap the number of simultaneous pregnancies according to your description though. Plus one to give Sustain-o-Mat something to work with. Capping it at the exact number would have the effect that the population could never reach the target population.

Don't overestimate the deviance stuff. It's nice if the values are close to zero, but having exactly zero deviance will probably never happen except by pure chance. That's because sims don't age smoothly but in fixed steps and all at the same time.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010 July 22, 15:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Version 11 withdrawn. Intermediate version 10.2 released.
V11 is still too bugged, and since I have currently a shitload of debugging to do, it might take a bit to get to it. Use V10.2 until then.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010 November 10, 15:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this going to be updated for 6.0+? My 'hood is so dead I doubt even zombie jeebus could make it suck less. I actually did THERAPTURE with only 1 sim as a chosen one and the exact crappy amount of sims came back.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010 November 10, 17:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this going to be updated for 6.0+?
V12 is compatible with LN6.0.
Lakart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010 November 11, 02:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. It only said 5.2 on the front page so I wasn't sure.
morgy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010 November 18, 06:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just started happening to me this evening, hope this can come in handy for you...

Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010 November 18, 15:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just started happening to me this evening, hope this can come in handy for you...
How unpleasant. The only way how this seems possible is if the SimDescription in question doesn't reference a household. This should never happen in the first place, especially since the SimDescriptions that get passed to that method get fetched from a household's list of SimDescriptions immediately beforehand. Seems like you have a dangling reference there. I've added a check that should stop the error from occuring and show a notification about it. Tell me if you get that notification.
morgy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010 November 18, 20:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!!  I will!
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010 November 24, 20:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mod work for the Vacation areas as well, or just our base 'hood worlds? 

I only ask because I've been playing a Chinese themed legacy recently, and simChina ends up almost deserted after the initial population starts dying off.  Not very many cribs were placed in the 'active' NPC houses, so they don't self populate very well.  If this will work for all Worlds under my control, then I'll probably pop it in.  Probably will anyway.

-tastes like chikin
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010 November 24, 21:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mod work for the Vacation areas as well, or just our base 'hood worlds?  

I only ask because I've been playing a Chinese themed legacy recently, and simChina ends up almost deserted after the initial population starts dying off.  Not very many cribs were placed in the 'active' NPC houses, so they don't self populate very well.  If this will work for all Worlds under my control, then I'll probably pop it in.  Probably will anyway.
I've been using it for some time and it works wonder in home hoods. I've sent one of my sims for numerous vacations in the 3 vacations worlds and the mod never kicked in during the vacations. Even though it doesn't seem so mandatory to save them it would still be nice to see them having sprogs too.
BTW Buzzler, baaa for your mod; you saved my dying hoods.

Edit: Thanks for the tip LVRugger, didn't think the mod needed to be activated in the sub hoods too. I'll edit the vacation worlds to put a mirror in each camp.
« Last Edit: 2010 November 24, 22:47:57 by Painkiller » Logged
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010 November 24, 22:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had BCM notices when vacationing sims. You have to make sure there is a mirror in the country you are visiting.
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010 November 25, 02:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, well that makes sense.  Great! As soon as my internet stops insulting me every time I click the download link I'll plop down some mirrors everywhere.

-tastes like chikin
morgy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2010 November 25, 02:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, well that makes sense.  Great! As soon as my internet stops insulting me every time I click the download link I'll plop down some mirrors everywhere.
would you like me to email the file to you since you are having crappynet troubles?
ZoePurls
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011 January 29, 15:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will the birth control mirror be updated for the latest patch?
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011 January 30, 12:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been compatible with the latest patch the whole time. Or are you talking about the garden thingy release patch that's probably gonna be released soon? I had people asking for an update about five minutes after a patch got released, but asking before it got released, is a new one.
ZoePurls
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2011 January 30, 13:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been compatible with the latest patch the whole time. Or are you talking about the garden thingy release patch that's probably gonna be released soon? I had people asking for an update about five minutes after a patch got released, but asking before it got released, is a new one.

Haha no the latest patch, the one released at the end of November.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: