More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:58:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Outdoor Lighting Tweaks v1.5
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Outdoor Lighting Tweaks v1.5  (Read 43275 times)
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Outdoor Lighting Tweaks v1.4
« Reply #25 on: 2010 July 23, 20:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried the new package. Its much darker than the old Less Blue Nights Brighter.
Reverting back for now, I'm not sure how to tune those XML's properly.
aesshen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Outdoor Lighting Tweaks v1.5
« Reply #26 on: 2010 November 24, 18:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this compatible with Late Night? I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I was wondering if anyone had tried it out.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 November 27, 23:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno if the OP is still checking this thread but I wanted to know what value I would need to change if I want the altered colour settings but not the altered shadows. I think the mod is fantastic but in the worlds I'm playing the extended shadows are causing some funky results which are creating a lot of floating tree shadows on rock faces.
The night shadows don't seem to be radiating from the direction of the moon either.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 November 28, 00:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this compatible with Late Night? I don't see why it wouldn't be, but I was wondering if anyone had tried it out.

I'm using it and it seems to be working, but then again it's only lighting and by default I doubt that changes from EP to EP.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 November 28, 04:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Hello? Pizza Hut? I was wondering if anyone called you guys today and ordered a pizza and had it delivered to me. I don't see why that wouldn't have happened, but I was wondering if anyone did that. Also: where's my pizza that I didn't order?"

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2010 December 01, 13:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but it will only work with WA, base game and custom neighborhoods that don't use custom lighting. Shadow changes will still work on all worlds.

Any new neighborhoods added by EP's usually contain their own lighting configs that are different from the base game. They can be located in the world files but it will only change fog and cloud layers.

Dunno if the OP is still checking this thread but I wanted to know what value I would need to change if I want the altered colour settings but not the altered shadows.

Files with the word 'Light' controls the outdoor color. Others like clear1 and clear2 changes cloud color. Sky and sea is self explanatory. CommonSky contains some of the shadow settings.

in the worlds I'm playing the extended shadows are causing some funky results which are creating a lot of floating tree shadows on rock faces.
The night shadows don't seem to be radiating from the direction of the moon either.

This is probably why Maxis changed the shadows to be very limited before release because problems like these(or just didn't want to fix them). Night shadows don't follow the moon but instead follows the invisible sun that is slowly moving below the horizon. I could make the shadows less dynamic or just separate the shadow changes so it can be an option.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 December 01, 19:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I got it tweaked how I want now thanks. I've changed it so that the sun isn't allowed so close to the horizon. I think the funky shadows were being created because the light source appeared to be coming from below the horizon in the one particular area with the issues.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: