More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 12:54:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Lot-flavored puddings from Krib
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot-flavored puddings from Krib  (Read 10015 times)
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lot-flavored puddings from Krib
« on: 2009 August 25, 16:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figure you guys don't really need six house threads from me. So unless someone tells me different, I'll stick em all in here. If I get flamed and have my building skills torn apart, I'll stop posting lots, curl up in a ball and perhaps quit the internet.

But in the meantime, a few people around here seemed to like what I did with the stuff I posted in the screenshots thread, so here's Sunnyside Strand. I don't kid myself that it's anything amazing -- us builders are just assembling parts we didn't make, but perhaps someone will get a kick out of it.

Lot is hosted on MTS.info. Feel free to rip it apart, set it on fire and otherwise entirely obliterate it... just don't pass it off as your own, yadda yadda yadda.

Download:
http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=987296

Front view:

Rear view:

Floor plan and some other shots:

Vitals:

Lot size: 4x4
3 bedrooms, 2 baths.
Price: 323k / 93k
(yeah, it's expensive as bloody hell).

All custom content that I used listed here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364753

Sometimes the simpler ones work better for me. I didn't do much that was out of the ordinary with this lot, except maybe the inside garden, but it's still the house that I use the most.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 25, 20:04:13 by Krib » Logged
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Lot-flavored puddings from Krib
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 25, 19:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now the weird one. A tree house. I looked at a lot of tree house pics before building it, and that made it impossible... because there are some seriously insane tree houses out there that the TS3 engine can't quite pull off. So then I quit looking and built it, and it came out sort of ok.

Download:

http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=991659

Screens:

Main page on MTS:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=366394

Vitals:

Size: 4x5ish (designed for 53 Waterfall Way)
Price: 205k / 75k
One bedroom / 2 baths
Separate poolhouse and carport

And many stairs.

It's a playable house - I used it quite a bit. Just get used to the camera jumping up big-time when your sim comes home and goes up into the house.

« Last Edit: 2009 August 25, 21:22:36 by Krib » Logged
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 25, 19:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cute house  Smiley I like the garden in particular.

By the way, you could have just modified your existing post rather than double posting.

Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 25, 20:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed. That would have been preferable. I'm used to forums where that right expires after a few minutes.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 25, 20:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't download many buildings, but I definitely like the style of this. As you have demonstrated, simple doesn't have to be ugly or boring.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 25, 21:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the "Sunnyside Strand" lot, Krib!  Thanks!  Have just placed it in a new Sunset Valley neightborhood I am making up (although on a different lot).
« Last Edit: 2009 August 26, 00:55:59 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Catangi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 25, 21:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have a use for this house as it is (no appropriate sims family yet), but I like how it looks a lot. I might download it and turn it into a duplex-style timeshare for some beach-combing types.
DiscoInferno
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 25, 22:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try not to say this often, but NICE houses. I love the lay outs, the rooms are not over sized, and they are not to small either. The houses are simple but amazing... Makes me regret having large families. Sad
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 26, 07:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I particularly liked the Sunnyside house because it has a very kiwi beach house sort of look. The Toi Toi bushes in the middle of the front are very evocative. I had a look for them in the shrubs section the other day but haven't located them yet. Are they custom?

Otherwise I agree with comments made, not too big, not too small, just right.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 26, 07:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Toi Toi bushes in the middle of the front are very evocative. I had a look for them in the shrubs section the other day but haven't located them yet. Are they custom?
They are called "cattails" in the game and they came with the base game.  Imo, the thumbnails kind of suck; you kind of have to place them to see what they really look like.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
DiscoInferno
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 26, 08:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Toi Toi bushes in the middle of the front are very evocative. I had a look for them in the shrubs section the other day but haven't located them yet. Are they custom?
They are called "cattails" in the game and they came with the base game.  Imo, the thumbnails kind of suck; you kind of have to place them to see what they really look like.

Sorry no gold star it's Pampas Grass, but you were close. :-P
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 September 14, 20:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to bump this one more time for two lots that are maybe a little Awesome-worthy. I won't link the remainder of my excessively expensive show-houses... you can check my MTS profile for them - http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=3352577

But here's the Graveyard Beach that people liked in the screenshot thread (mine are about halfway down that page):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15089.msg473054.html#msg473054l

And download:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=367753

Other screenshot of the Graveyard Beach:

And here's the Sacrificial Altar and Public Pool (of Blood):

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=369604

Yeah, it's just a red swimming pool but it sure LOOKS creepy as hell. And with a working graveyard as well as a lodge / pool in there, there aren't any quiet hours.

In both these lots you should get the Fudgepacker brothers and also the Dunderheads - they were sacrificed for testing purposes. Obviously they can get replaced. I've noticed that ghosts placed in the mausoleums don't seem to roam around at night -- they need to be planted in the ground.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 14, 20:26:24 by Krib » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: