More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 01:28:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Ok, I'm probably a horrible searcher but...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ok, I'm probably a horrible searcher but...  (Read 5453 times)
Religion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Ok, I'm probably a horrible searcher but...
« on: 2009 August 25, 00:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How exactly can I make the setconfig debug blah blah blah code work?

It has been driving me insane and I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Ok, I'm probably a horrible searcher but...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 25, 00:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, you're a horrible searcher.

You have three choices:
1 - ctrl-shift-c to open command window, type "setconfig <option> true" to set it up (use "showconfig" to get the exact names of what you want to change).
2 - click the link for the downloadable config manager on the AM page, make your adjustments, download and put in your mods folder
3 - learn to search better

Actually, you have 2 choices. 3 is not optional.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 25, 00:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To get your changes to stick,you click on the seal at the bottom on your left.  You will now have a file that you put in the same folder as the Awesome mod.  I don't know if this is what you mean, if not ignore.
Religion
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 25, 01:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, you're a horrible searcher.

You have three choices:
1 - ctrl-shift-c to open command window, type "setconfig <option> true" to set it up (use "showconfig" to get the exact names of what you want to change).
2 - click the link for the downloadable config manager on the AM page, make your adjustments, download and put in your mods folder
3 - learn to search better

Actually, you have 2 choices. 3 is not optional.

Is option 2 the online configuration thing that links from the Awesome Mod page?

You click and it link to this page with the boxes where you put "Enable" or "Disable?"
If that's what it is, I've already done that. Am I supposed to put it with Awesome Mod, because if I put them together and then try to open S3, upon opening a save file the game stops.
rainie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 25, 02:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You click enable or disable, then at the bottom left is the "generate" button.  A dialogue box will pop up with the option to open or save.  Click save and save it to the same mods/packages folder where you saved Awesomemod.
trevorms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 25, 05:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I supposed to put it with Awesome Mod, because if I put them together and then try to open S3, upon opening a save file the game stops.
the game stops means it crashed. make sure you have installed the right patch. check if there are other mods that conflict with AM. if none of the above is the reason, delete the caches files in the C:\Documents and Settings\[Your name]\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 for Wins XP, or C:\User\[Your name]\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 for Wins Vista. make sure you delete all the files with the "cache" phrase in their names.
For other solutions if none of my suggestions work, check back in the thread where you downloaded AM.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: