More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:08:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An Interesting Glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An Interesting Glitch  (Read 9538 times)
simmerintx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
An Interesting Glitch
« on: 2009 July 23, 11:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have a continuous glitch in my game and I have no clue as to why it's doing it. The problem is - well, it's not really a problem but a minor annoyance - that my pregnant sims change hairstyles when they change into their maternity wear. The sims it happens to have custom hairstyles and I'm guessing this is the problem, but I have no clue as to what to do to fix it. I have a hack conflict detection utility thing, but it doesn't say there's any kind of problem, so I'm stumped.    Huh
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: An Interesting Glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 23, 11:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have BV installed? Maybe it has something to do with adding different hairstyles to different clothing.
simmerintx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 23, 12:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have BV installed. I'm guessing it must be a certain custom hair I use and I can't remember if it happens every time with every custom hair or not. Would there be any way to fix this or am I just stuck with awful maxis hairstyles? It picks the yuckiest hair from the maxis selection.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 23, 13:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known bug. To work around it, change the sim's hairstyle to something else, toggle the "all styles" button on and off, and then change it back to what you want. It's always THAT hairstyle, isn't it? I don't even know what it's called, but it's quite horrid.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 23, 14:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can set hairstyles for use with pregnant sims (maternity setting) with the Wardrobe Wrangler (and SimPE).  It's not that hard, it's just a setting in the file.  In WW, it's just clicking a box and re-saving the file.

Inteen for AL, yay!
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 23, 17:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's almost always the corn rows, which didn't even look good on Bo Derek.  Thanks for the tip:  usually I just keep my preggers Sims in pjs while they're pregnant.

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 23, 20:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only get this glitch with my teenage sim pregnancies, and when my adult pregnant sims take the thinking cap off. How odd.

simmerintx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 25, 14:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i also have noticed another glitch having to do with custom groundcovers in the game. I made several with the HomeCrafter, imported them into the game, used them on various lots and for some reason, I kept getting girl babies, like for every family, all they would have would be girls. I did a bit of research and found out it had to do with the custom groundcovers, but I was wondering if there's a way around this cuz I would really like to use my own groundcovers.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 25, 14:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i also have noticed another glitch having to do with custom groundcovers in the game. I made several with the HomeCrafter, imported them into the game, used them on various lots and for some reason, I kept getting girl babies, like for every family, all they would have would be girls. I did a bit of research and found out it had to do with the custom groundcovers, but I was wondering if there's a way around this cuz I would really like to use my own groundcovers.

I thought I'd heard all the TS2 myths over the years, but I hadn't heard that one before.

There was a glitch with the base game & early EPs with custom groundcovers.  At the time using custom groundcovers was a VBT, but that glitch had nothing to do with gender of babies, and it was fixed in an EP or patch somewhere along the way.

The gender of babies in TS2 is completely random, and the random roll for gender happens when the baby is born.  If you want a baby to be a particular gender your only option is to save your game before the mother goes into labour, then keep reloading the game if the baby is the wrong gender.

I'm curious: where did you hear that custom groundcovers affected the gender of babies in the game?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 25, 14:59:23 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 25, 15:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My eyes are rolling like the barrels on a slot machine.

Inteen for AL, yay!
simmerintx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 25, 17:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i don't even remember where we got the info from, it was so long ago, but as soon as i took out the custom gc's, i started getting random gender again, i honestly dunno what was going on, cuz every family would have anywhere from 1 to 4 or 5 girls, it was always a girl. maybe we read something on MTS2 or we did a google search for the info. my best friend is also into TS2 and we trade glitch stories, lol. it had something to do with screwing with the randomizer i think. i don't remember. anyway, i still have more girls than boys, but it is random now anyway. i now have a hack conflict detection utility i run every so often and i try to keep the hacks to a minimum, but i guess everybody gets glitches every now and again.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 25, 19:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had custom groundcovers in my game for as long as I can remember, and if anything I get more boys than girls recently.  If you don't rerandomize CAS (with the Lot Debugger) you can get long series' of identical twins, though, who will all be the same gender.  AFAIK, this is the only way to get only one gender of babies in TS2.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 25, 22:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't rerandomize CAS (with the Lot Debugger) you can get long series' of identical twins, though, who will all be the same gender.

Wut? I thought it was impossible to have identical twins at all in TS2. If you're refering to the so-called "first-born syndrome", that affects the first baby born in a game session if you don't roll the CAS dice. I've heard people say it only affects personality, though I've had it affect looks as well, but it certainly has nothing to do with twins or their sex.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 25, 22:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's what firstborn syndrome does - I had three boys in a row that were identical in looks and personality before I finally started using that option.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

simmerintx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 28, 12:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly don't know, but if groundcovers don't affect anything, me is going on download spree!!!!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 28, 16:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First born syndrome does not affect looks - that's just the simple Mendellian genetics system in the game not giving much variety.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 28, 17:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First born syndrome does not affect looks - that's just the simple Mendellian genetics system in the game not giving much variety.
That's what I thought, too- however exhaustive testing has shown that it does affect the features.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 28, 19:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought, too- however exhaustive testing has shown that it does affect the features.

Yeah, I keep hearing this claim, but I had two very different looking sims produce a son and a daughter in one play session, then twin boy and girl in another. The twins were complete exact clones of their older brother and sister, only with the sexes switched around. Everything was the same, personality, every single facial feature, skin, hair and eyecolour. Completely identical.

The other instances of "first-born syndrome" I've had were also the same, personality as well as looks were identical. The only thing it doesn't seem to affect is the sex.

For the record, after I always started rolling the CAS dice before a birth, I still get quite similar looking siblings from time to time, but I've never had any exact clones like that again.
Starpoo
Asinine Airhead

Another thing we must NEVAR FORGET!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 06, 15:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Going completely off topic here; why do you hate Maxis hairstyles? Sure, there may be a few that aren't the best or not a lot of variety, but I never thought they were terrible.

"There isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you. So I guess you win. HA! I'm making more. Thats going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile, oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret." --GLaDOS
ritaxis
Blathering Buffoon

not nice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 10, 20:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starpoo, I honestly end up going back to mainly Maxis hairstyles after I try out the custom ones, which often but not always have features that look bad in game play no matter how lovely they look in photos, while the stodgier Maxis ones tend to stay kind of cute and unfunky in the game. 
Starpoo
Asinine Airhead

Another thing we must NEVAR FORGET!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 26, 13:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish I could find a Hitler 'stache

"There isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you. So I guess you win. HA! I'm making more. Thats going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile, oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret." --GLaDOS
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: