More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 21:02:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is there a way I can control the amount of money taken by a person moving out?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way I can control the amount of money taken by a person moving out?  (Read 5582 times)
gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Is there a way I can control the amount of money taken by a person moving out?
« on: 2009 August 23, 08:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks

Written
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is there a way I can control the amount of money taken by a person moving ou
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 23, 08:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really. There aren't any slider controls for that in the default interface. The quantity taken is thus set at a fair split, or whatever house you chose, whichever is greater.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Is there a way I can control the amount of money taken by a person moving ou
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 23, 19:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no mod for it, but when I want a sim to take more money out with them then a fair split would allow, I buy some expensive sculptures and place them in their inventory. Move them into a new home, sell the sculptures, and voila. If you want them to take out less do the same, but put the expensive sculptures into the inventory of the person staying.

Hope that helps.

LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Is there a way I can control the amount of money taken by a person moving out?
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 24, 17:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Georgette! I really didn't like it when my sim's grown son would move out and take 1/3 of the money his parents had worked hard to obtain. I certainly don't expect to give my real life son 1/3 of our money when he moves out...not that we have that much anyway.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Is there a way I can control the amount of money taken by a person moving out?
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 24, 17:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Georgette! I really didn't like it when my sim's grown son would move out and take 1/3 of the money his parents had worked hard to obtain. I certainly don't expect to give my real life son 1/3 of our money when he moves out...not that we have that much anyway.
Sentence does not compute.

You don't have 1/3 of your money?
How does that work?
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 24, 17:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she meant they didn't have much money overall, not that they didn't have enough to make up one third.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 24, 18:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but here's the catch: This is the Sims. Unlike in the real world, where people can survive just fine on the streets, Sims have to actually have a lot, or else the game sorts of stops acknowledging that they exist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 24, 22:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Sims have to actually have a lot, or else the game sorts of stops acknowledging that they exist.

So, how's that different from real life again?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 25, 07:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a different problem. AM allows me to move out or create a family without adults. The game doesn't allow you to move minors by move out command, so I have to split them in Edit Town. They do not get any money. Explaining, I have several families without adults in my bin. The reason I created them is that when my town is very short of kids I just include them. Kids would not survive if moved by themselves after buying a very poor house, so I move them into any family that have space for all of them. After at least the teen is enough skilled and got a job to feed the little family I move them to a house with enough facilities to keep them alive (this is what happens in real life here). The question is: can it be possible to make so that they get their share from the household once they included a share when they moved in?
gilmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 25, 07:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks!

Written
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 25, 14:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a different problem. AM allows me to move out or create a family without adults. The game doesn't allow you to move minors by move out command, so I have to split them in Edit Town.
Yes, the game would not ordinarily allow you to split off a fambly with only kids, so the in-game move out doesn't, either. EDIT TOWN allows you to do this, because there is one specific reason to do so: Getting rid of the Mutant Parthenogenesis Spawn! For obvious reasons, when you're dumping out an abomination to nature, generally with the intent of subsequently deleting it off the clipboard and declaring that it never happened, you don't give it any money. As such, this is a legacy feature and not really intended to be used for any serious gameplay.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 26, 11:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the explanation. I sure misunderstood the meaning and now it is pretty clear. I never got rid of any character so I didn't take it this way. Anyway I think this misunderstanding can help the previous poster.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 26, 18:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks!

Yo, dickmunch, the thanks button exists for a reason. Use it, and stop cluttering up the thread with your useless "thanks" posts.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: