More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:14:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Can't get awesomemod to work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't get awesomemod to work  (Read 4252 times)
lollhay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Can't get awesomemod to work
« on: 2009 August 22, 15:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

I've read through all the instructions and all the help threads but simply can't get my head around why awesomemod won't work for me. I've tried to install it manually with the framework, and have stuck it in every possible place I can (without duplicate files in other folders) and still nothing. I've also tried using Delphy's install helper and yet that still didn't work.

I've deleted all the cache. files in the My Docs/EA/The Sims 3 everytime I've booted the game but nothing.

Also before trying to get awesomemod to work I had a lot of CC, which all worked perfectly fine in subfolders. Since trying to install awesomemod, all my CC (expect EA store content) no longer appears (if it's in a subfolder or not) in game even though I have a framework file lurking about somewhere whenever I boot the game.

I've removed any other mods I previously had (which were HP's faster gem spawning and a mod by another creator which allowed children to read skill books) but still awesomemod is not working.

I might've over looked something really simple but I've tried every combination I can think of to get this mod working and it's simply not happening for me. If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I checked through this forum and couldn't find any problems similar to mine. Thanks for any help.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Can't get awesomemod to work
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 22, 15:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I will try to keep this simple put the attached resource.cfg in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 (delete the existing one or overwrite it)

Put the attached d3dx9_31.dll in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (if one exists delete the existing one or overwrite it)

Both files are zips because the forum won't allow for .cfg or .dll as attachments so just unzip them in the above directories I listed.

I would also delete the resource.cfg that you have in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages as you don't need it there. I'm not sure if it causes a problem or not but it may and the game may be reading it somehow so I would just take it out.

* d3dx9_31.zip (31.34 KB - downloaded 425 times.)
* Resource.zip (0.17 KB - downloaded 410 times.)

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
lollhay
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Can't get awesomemod to work
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 22, 15:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I'll do that now and hopefully it'll sort it for me. Thankyou very much for explaining it simply to me haha

EDIT: Yep that sorted it for me, I can finally get to work on de-uglyfying townies. Thankyou for your help (:
« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 16:16:10 by lollhay » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: