More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:16:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod not working for me
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod not working for me  (Read 18338 times)
Bobcaticus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Awesomemod not working for me
« on: 2009 August 11, 18:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I've been trying  to install awesomemod onto this PC and it's not working. I've installed it to the mods/packages folder, and to the hacks folder, I've reinstalled, uninstalled The Sims 3 and it's contents, and done the same with the framework.

I've deleted scriptcache package.

I've updated my game to the latest.

What's up?

(Showconfig doesn't work by the way)
Hagis
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod not working for me
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 11, 18:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you READ this before installing
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html

like this part
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
REQUIRES: Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies OR  framework.zip (Advanced/Mac Users Only!)
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 11, 18:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and done the same with the framework.

Seems like he did. Still, for some reason AM and ISM and some other hacks won't work for me from the Hacks folder. Also, some custom content won't show up from sub-folders. Try putting them in the Packages folder?

In the meantime, I would really like to know why is this the case with me (while I know people are using subfolders for mods). I have the framework that uses Overrides  Undecided  Voodoo?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 11, 19:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

99,9% probability is that your Resource.cfg content is wrong.

A crash with awesomemod installed is possible, an awesomemod that works in someone's computer but not in another's is not possible. No voodoo. If it's installed, it works; if it doesn't work, it's not installed.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Bobcaticus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 11, 19:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried using just the framework, and then the installer monkey and then both, which had the same result; no awesomemod.

I've tried putting it in packages and hacks folder. Same thing.

No other core mods as per the rule set by our venerable leader, El Presidente Pescado.

So I'm confused. Sad

(I'm using the resource cfg from modthesims, and I'm sure there was a guide telling me what to write in the resource cfg another time, the last time).
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 11, 19:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then what say you to the fact that one thing will work from the same location that other one won't? Like I lost some clothes from CAS because I moved them to the Clothes directory? But the problem is mostly with mods, so now I simply put all of them in the Packages folder. Almost everything else is in their own folders. The resource.cfg is the first one from the Pudding Factory that allowed override. It's correct as far as I can tell, and if it wasn't, then nothing would work from the subfolders.

Bobcaticus: put the Resource.cfg right in the Sims3 folder. But the Install Helper should have put it there. Also, check the Sims3\Game\Bin folder for the d3dx9_31.dll, that should be installed, too. Maybe it's a bad installation in your case, and not my sort of Voodoo Wink Still, I'm still confused about my issue and tend to jump on everyone experiencing similar problems Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 August 11, 19:30:55 by Enelen » Logged
Bobcaticus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 11, 19:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Link?

Can't find it through search. Bob has a brain the size of a spooooooooon.

-

Yeah it's there. Not working though. I've got awesomemod and the conf in packages and hacks.

Gonna try it.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 11, 20:36:30 by Bobcaticus » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 11, 20:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then what say you to the fact that one thing will work from the same location that other one won't? Like I lost some clothes from CAS because I moved them to the Clothes directory?

I would say, again, that your Resource.cfg file is wrong, in this particular case it probably doesn't list subdirectories, OR it lists subdirectories with specific names and not others. Or, again, it lists directories with a wrong priority.

It really is simple; look at your Resource.cfg file, open it with Notepad and read it: it will tell you exactly what you can or can't do. Plus, you can edit it on your own to your preferences, if they don't fit you, assuming you know what you're doing.

Example:

The Resource.cfg in the framework.zip linked in the Awesomemod thread is:

Code:
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package

This means that any subfolder will NOT work, period. Also any package will work only if dropped inside a Package subfolder inside a Mods folder inside the main The Sims 3 directory. Which is also in Program Files, NOT Documents.

Do you want to have subfolders? Just modifiy it in this way:

Code:
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package

And so on.

In conclusion, FIRST read the Resource.cfg file, THEN ask for help if you can't figure why your framework seems to not work.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
ElyZap
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 11, 22:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it you have tried deleting the Resource.cfg as well as the extra folders created by Install Helper Monkey and running the TS3InstallHelper again. I had the same problem and doing that fixed it for me.
Bobcaticus
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 12, 02:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love you ElyZap. You, El Presidente Pescado, Me and everyone else.

I AM NOW A SOLDIER.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 21, 17:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what do i do after opening awesome.zip

Nothing.  If you can't find the instructions when they were in the post you downloaded the zip from then you are obviously too stupid to use your computer and you definitely shouldn't be messing with beta hacks like AwesomeMod.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 21, 17:24:42 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Bobsdesk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 21, 19:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have awesome mod installed and can get the command list from ShowConfig but no matter what I set the NoNudityCensoeF to I still get the fuzzy boxes covering my Sims. Anyone know why?
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 21, 21:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is still a blur when the sims use the toilet. That is how Pescado set it to work because it's not actually blurring anything. The sims use the toilet with their clothes on.  Tongue
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 22, 00:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have awesome mod installed and can get the command list from ShowConfig but no matter what I set the NoNudityCensoeF to I still get the fuzzy boxes covering my Sims. Anyone know why?

You have not installed AwesomeMod correctly.  If you had, then showconfig would work.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Bobsdesk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 22, 16:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have not installed AwesomeMod correctly.  If you had, then showconfig would work.
It does work. I just can't get the nudity censor to go away.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 22, 17:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could always get the nomosaic from MTS. I had that before the option was there and I'm too lazy to remove it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: