More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:12:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Problem Deleting While Using the Color Palette
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem Deleting While Using the Color Palette  (Read 9636 times)
terriecason
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Problem Deleting While Using the Color Palette
« on: 2009 August 17, 04:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason the awesome mod will not allow one to delete customized recolors while in the color palette section. For an example, when you go into the window that allows you to recolor a piece of clothing such as a shirt; say you decide you want to save that new color shirt and you do so by clicking the save file feature in the top left window. Then you change your mind and decide you don't want to keep the new color shirt after all. If you attempt to delete it from the same window in the top left corner while in the color palette section you will not be able to do so as long as the awesome mod is installed. I know this because I was able to use this function when awesome mod was not installed. When I installed it I was no longer able to delete files from the color palette section. To make certain it was this mod I reinstalled awesome and once more the delete function in the color palette section would not work properly.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Problem Deleting While Using the Color Palette
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 17, 05:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realize this was possible without Awesomemod installed.  I have never had this functionality; I always have to exit CAST in order to delete unwanted saved recolours.  I thought it was an EAxian bug.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 17, 06:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that out some time ago. I have an empty hood that I use for that purpose. First I take out awesome mod, boot up the game, go to my empty hood and while in edit town I open CAS and delete what I don't want.  I figured that was the way for me to go, cause when I reported it, no answer was given.

Maybe you can have better luck or a resolution.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 17, 06:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it has something to do with this option:

CustomSimFilterIsDefault

Maybe you could try disabling it in the config file and see if that works. I'm really just grasping at straws here, though.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 17, 07:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you're right, that made no difference when I tested it. Like I said, I was grasping at straws. If this is caused by AwesomeMod, I didn't see any other options that had to do with CAS besides the slider ones.

ETA: I tested it without AwesomeMod and it does seem like AM is the culprit. Without the mod, a pop-up asks if you really want to delete the preset. With AM, there is no pop-up and nothing happens.

ETA 2: It seems ExpertMode is the problem. With it disabled, nothing will happen when you click the delete button. If you enable it, it will delete the file with no warning, as expected. So, if you want to delete custom presets with AM, turn on ExpertMode.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 17, 07:56:19 by Greyform » Logged
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 17, 15:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reported this bug a gillion updates ago, but that bug thread has long been deleted/cleaned out/restarted. Pes told me to turn expert mode on, but I like to be reminded to save before I exit. So I turn expert mode on, clean out CAS and CAST, then turn it off.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
terriecason
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 17, 19:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice everyone on how to get around this. I really like using the awesome mod but sometimes I need that delete feature to do away with files I no longer want. I noticed that in order to delete wall and floor recolors this feature seems to be the only way to get rid of them.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 18, 10:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reported this bug a gillion updates ago, but that bug thread has long been deleted/cleaned out/restarted. Pes told me to turn expert mode on, but I like to be reminded to save before I exit. So I turn expert mode on, clean out CAS and CAST, then turn it off.

Yeah, after reading this thread a couple of days ago, I have turned on expert mode in-game and did some deleting. I am nervous too about leaving it on cause my jerky hand can make and oops selection and then I have to go back to a later save, which may be a few sims days of work to repeat.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 18, 10:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete Mode for Pussies fixed now. Seriously, you people are real wimps. Imagine if I had to CONFIRM shooting someone in the face! If I can deal with the permanent consequences of shooting someone in the face without having a confirmation to stop me from doing it if I pull the trigger, deleting a file is nothing!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 18, 14:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I answer phone calls for my husbands business all day while I play the sims, so I get distracted and sometimes I think I've saved when I haven't and vice versa. I like the game to prompt me to save in case I've gotten distracted. I also have a teenage son that loves to distract me from what I'm doing. So if that makes me a Pussy, then yes sir I am.  Grin Thanks for the fix!

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 18, 14:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado if there is one thing I have learned in this community it's that people in it sure do love to have their hands held and are afraid of their own shadow. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 18, 14:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never asked anyone to hold my hand. I never asked for a fix for this. When I posted about this a long time ago, it was because I thought it was a bug, so I reported it. That is what you do when you play with anything beta. I was told it wasn't a bug and was given a work around. No big deal. I didn't whine or complain. Just because my playstyle/circumstances are different than yours doesn't make me afraid or anything else. If I was afraid, I wouldn't be playing with a WIP mod.

IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 18, 20:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sell things from the inventory a lot, because I'm terribly anal about keeping sim inventories clean and organized, so being able to get rid of the "ZOMG R U SHOOREZ?!?!?!?" dialogue that pops up for every...single...thing... was a god-send.  I personally can't imagine playing with confirmation dialogues on.  At least, for 95% of the game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 18, 23:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I answer phone calls for my husbands business all day while I play the sims, so I get distracted and sometimes I think I've saved when I haven't and vice versa. I like the game to prompt me to save in case I've gotten distracted. I also have a teenage son that loves to distract me from what I'm doing. So if that makes me a Pussy, then yes sir I am.  Grin Thanks for the fix!
I shoot people in the FACE. There is no undo button when you shoot someone in the face!

I never asked anyone to hold my hand. I never asked for a fix for this. When I posted about this a long time ago, it was because I thought it was a bug, so I reported it. That is what you do when you play with anything beta. I was told it wasn't a bug and was given a work around. No big deal. I didn't whine or complain. Just because my playstyle/circumstances are different than yours doesn't make me afraid or anything else.
And you don't seriously think this is going to stop me from making fun of you anyway, do you?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 19, 00:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't think it will stop you. Frankly, I don't give a shit if you make fun of me. Hell my husband makes fun of me for playing the Sims to begin with. My response was to Motoki's comment, not yours. You think I'm a pussy, that's fine by me, I've been called worse. Motoki however, bitched long and loud about the crib requirement, but feels the need to make fun of people who he thinks are bitching and whining. Hello, hypocrite much?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 19, 00:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was speaking in general terms about the community, not you specifically, although hey if the shoe fits.

Sometimes my bitching about the cribs is tongue in cheek because I know I've done it for so long. Other times it's genuine with some vain hope to drill it into Pescado's skull (which admittedly is about as likely as TSR hosting PMBD) or at least annoy him enough to get the ability to turn it off. Cheesy

In any case, I'm not afraid of anything just annoyed by it so yeah, comparison fail on your part.

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 19, 01:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL If you have any hope, even a vain one of changing how Pes looks at something, you're nuts. He's as hard headed as they come. I never said you were afraid of anything, I thought your comment was aimed at me. Since I wasn't bitching to start with, figured I'd remind you that you've done your share of bitching. I misunderstood. I apologize.  Smiley

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 19, 01:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He does give new meaning to stubborn doesn't he?  Cheesy

It's almost kind of a running gag for me now. Eh, I am sure I will have to assimilate and be cribified. Resistance is futile. Tongue

terriecason
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 22, 18:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Delete Mode for Pussies fixed now. Seriously, you people are real wimps. Imagine if I had to CONFIRM shooting someone in the face! If I can deal with the permanent consequences of shooting someone in the face without having a confirmation to stop me from doing it if I pull the trigger, deleting a file is nothing!"

Yep, that's me alright  Cheesy Thanks a lot for the fix, it is much appreciated. I'll download the update today.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: