More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:59:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Hatchet Falls: Sunset Valley, Redefined (UPDATED W/ SIMS)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hatchet Falls: Sunset Valley, Redefined (UPDATED W/ SIMS)  (Read 41825 times)
gesine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Hatchet Falls: Sunset Valley, Redefined
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 25, 01:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it working properly for anyone who had both Riverview and Awesomemod previously installed?

Just thought I'd let you know I played Hatchet Falls all day today. The kids went to school, the parents went to work, Mom stopped and bought books on the way home. Both Mom and Dad completed several opportunities in various building. All is working as it should and it is a wonderful neighborhood. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 25, 01:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to ask, do any of the pre-built houses contain cribs?

I havn't downloaded yet because I currently have my game running, but this looks fantastic.  I'm excited to try it out for myself now that I've seen the screenshots.   Grin

Most are minimally furnished, so I don't think so. There are suitable places for nurseries, though.

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 26, 15:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm collecting empty hoods for a new start and this thread was really a pain to read. The question is that what was important to read simply gets lost in the middle of so much assholits attacks - you said that you used custom lots and houses from MTS2 and suggests some ccs to download. As you just suggested and not required, can I skip downloading ccs and be sure that nothing will be borked by reason of missing elements? I have already enough with Riverview that included things that I cannot use in other hoods and specific clothing that my sims from other hoods are using even as bathing suit (one of my sims dived on a swimming-pool using an overall suit). Thanks.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 26, 16:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(one of my sims dived on a swimming-pool using an overall suit).
Did he have the Insane or Innapropriate traits?  If so, this is normal behavour and has absolutely nothing to do with the outfit in question.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 26, 17:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(one of my sims dived on a swimming-pool using an overall suit).
Did he have the Insane or Innapropriate traits?  If so, this is normal behavour and has absolutely nothing to do with the outfit in question.

Bingo. My Hans Gruber has insane, and he regularly dons a tuxedo to go swimming and sleeps in a ski jacket.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 26, 19:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Hans Gruber has insane, and he regularly dons a tuxedo to go swimming and sleeps in a ski jacket.

But has he been dropped from the Doo Peas tower yet?

I'm with you on the "isolating the troubleshooting problem" thing. Either "isolating the problem" OR "troubleshooting the problem" would be clear. However, a user isn't likely to isolate a troubleshooting problem without help, since if they realized what the problem was with their troubleshooting, they (theoretically) wouldn't keep doing it that way.
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 26, 20:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Hans Gruber has insane, and he regularly dons a tuxedo to go swimming and sleeps in a ski jacket.

But has he been dropped from the Doo Peas tower yet?

I'm with you on the "isolating the troubleshooting problem" thing. Either "isolating the problem" OR "troubleshooting the problem" would be clear. However, a user isn't likely to isolate a troubleshooting problem without help, since if they realized what the problem was with their troubleshooting, they (theoretically) wouldn't keep doing it that way.

Very true, although if the users at my job even tried to troubleshoot, I'd be happy to help them with the isolation part. Preferably by locking them in an empty room.

As for Hans, I'd give anything to drop him from SimNakatomi Plaza. Do you really think you have what it takes to take me on, Mr. Cowboy?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 27, 02:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm collecting empty hoods for a new start and this thread was really a pain to read. The question is that what was important to read simply gets lost in the middle of so much assholits attacks - you said that you used custom lots and houses from MTS2 and suggests some ccs to download. As you just suggested and not required, can I skip downloading ccs and be sure that nothing will be borked by reason of missing elements? I have already enough with Riverview that included things that I cannot use in other hoods and specific clothing that my sims from other hoods are using even as bathing suit (one of my sims dived on a swimming-pool using an overall suit). Thanks.

She said that it should be okay without the patterns and stairs but that some of walls and stairs then might look ugly. The game will always backup to an existing material or object if one is missing. So no it won't bork your game though it might make the houses look like shit. The fact that she said it "should" be okay means she hasn't tried it so basically you are on your own but the worse than can really happen is some hideously clashing wallpaper and stairs.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to figure out or exactly how much more you need spelled out. Either try it or don't.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 27, 16:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said in the original post, Riverview and Awesomemod are considered required; the rest (CC) is optional. If I were you I'd download them, though. There are only two items of CC, and I'd recommend them to anybody.

Could someone please move the sporkage of old douche to a separate thread in RL? He certainly acted like an ass, but at this point it's getting spammy.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 September 05, 21:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inhabited version now available!

Link:
http://ellatorture.moreawesomethanyou.com:8080/other/HatchetFalls/HatchetFallsAndSims.sims3

Requires:
*This hair for one of the non-playable ghosts: Short Mop Hair by HystericalParoxysm @ MTS
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=357769

*Riverview & Awesomemod

Recommended:
Everything from the TS3 Store. I got mine from a torrent of everything in the store thread. While I tried to keep the things I used from the store to a minimum, the store stuff is not marked in the game as being custom, so I have no way to distinguish between what came with the base game and what didn't. Nothing will break if you don't have this stuff, but some of the furniture might be missing and some of the sims might look odd with different hairstyles.

Six Households have been added to the neighborhood, including mean old Zeckram Silver, who haunts the spooky mansion & lighthouse at the top of the hill, an Emailer couple (I recommend you don't actually play them, since there's no way to do this challenge in TS3 as far as I can tell), the Calendar family at Sunnyside Farms, and the Westley family--a single mother raising 5 toddlers. I've mostly been playing with the Calendars in my game.

I've also added the spa and the theater to the neighborhood, after all, and fixed a few random things around town (nothing major, mostly fixing the missing lights and terlets at the gym). The theater is behind the town hall, and the spa has been swallowed by the Whalemart. I tried messing with it to make it look like some sort of country resort, but couldn't get it to work. Additionally, I've edited the lot descriptions to include credits to different builders whose work is incorporated into my neighborhood. I will upload a nuked version shortly without the new characters as well, for those who want the lot descriptions and the theater/spa.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Hatchet Falls: Sunset Valley, Redefined (UPDATED W/ SIMS)
« Reply #35 on: 2009 September 09, 22:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started playing the Calendar family yesterday and I must say I like Hatchet Falls a lot.  I did notice, though, that the Leftover Autumn Salad in thier fridge spoils while they are eating it (causing mom Calendar to run to the bathroom to throw up a while later).  Not that I need that "fixed" or anything, just a head's up to others so they'll know to simply delete it and prepare fresh food if they're playing that family.

Eta: I've been continuing with the Calendar family, and I've noticed some oddities.  I'm wondering if it's just me.

1. Some "wild" plants are unharvestable, though they are displaying "Harvest" as their growth state.  The only option I get on them is "view".  I have noticed this in 240 Sunnyside Blvd (I wanted those peppers!) and the apple trees at the school.  Other wild plants are functioning normally, such as the tomatoes and potatoes at 260 Sunnyside Blvd and the trees in the park.

2. The Westley todlers somehow aged to teens though the Calendar boy is still a child and the girl is still a todler.

Is it intentional that the watermelon plants growing on 270 Sunnyside Blvd are Foul and Putrid quality?
« Last Edit: 2009 September 11, 01:17:12 by Gastfyr » Logged

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 September 15, 08:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the download links down? I'm getting this error message.

Quote from: tinyproxy 1.6.0
    The page you requested was unavailable. The error code is listed below. In addition, the HTML file which has been configured as the page to be displayed when an error of this type was unavailable, with the error code 14 (Bad address). Please contact your administrator.
    Bad Request

More Awesome Sig
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 September 18, 23:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started playing the Calendar family yesterday and I must say I like Hatchet Falls a lot.  I did notice, though, that the Leftover Autumn Salad in thier fridge spoils while they are eating it (causing mom Calendar to run to the bathroom to throw up a while later).  Not that I need that "fixed" or anything, just a head's up to others so they'll know to simply delete it and prepare fresh food if they're playing that family.

Eta: I've been continuing with the Calendar family, and I've noticed some oddities.  I'm wondering if it's just me.

1. Some "wild" plants are unharvestable, though they are displaying "Harvest" as their growth state.  The only option I get on them is "view".  I have noticed this in 240 Sunnyside Blvd (I wanted those peppers!) and the apple trees at the school.  Other wild plants are functioning normally, such as the tomatoes and potatoes at 260 Sunnyside Blvd and the trees in the park.

2. The Westley todlers somehow aged to teens though the Calendar boy is still a child and the girl is still a todler.

Is it intentional that the watermelon plants growing on 270 Sunnyside Blvd are Foul and Putrid quality?

1. This is normal. I've been having the same thing happen in my game. They seem to alternate being harvestable every other day, so you could try that (IIRC). It's annoying, but right now there is no fix for it. It's also possible that another sim got there first.

2. Update Awesomemod, and enable the option that prevents unplayed households from aging faster with the aweconfig tool.

3. Yes. Beggars can't be choosers.

Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 September 23, 19:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd let you know I've been playing the Empty of all Sims version myself for several days now - I actually added the Theater and Spa in myself around the corner from the Town hall and grouping them together on one lot like in the small town I live in - here in NH which actually has a small 32 seat theater (mainly used for kiddie matinees all summer in my town) with a beautyshop next door - I guess so moms can drop off their kids and then go get their hair and nails done - I don't know as I've never been inside of either place. But I found the theater very necessary as it seems every Sim I put in this hood instantly roll the wants to take a guitar class and see a movie. Figures. Seems they wouldn't get the want if the buildings didn't exist, but they did and it was annoying. That aside, I have - so far - had absolutely no problem with the hood. I have moved in 14 households, a few with their own farms and I did convert several of the community woodsy lots to residential. My fish are jumping in the several fishing spots I've sent Sims to fish in and so far they seem to be finding enough bugs, metals, and gems. Not sure if all are represented yet, but so far - so good.

That's about it for now.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: