More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 16:48:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  free houses WTF?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: free houses WTF?  (Read 5694 times)
NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
free houses WTF?
« on: 2009 August 22, 00:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just uninstalled the Sims 3 and I'm going to reinstall but before I do, is there something in one of the EA patches or even AM that I missed somehow that is making furnished houses free for sims  and unfurnished houses give sims a credit when they buy them? And no, I don't have a screenshot because camera doesn't work, for me anyway, when the buying houses popup is open and I can't do a screenshot with the booster mod for starting the game as it gives me a black screen. Up to what EA patch is safe to install and required for AM to work?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: free houses WTF?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 22, 03:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a cheat which allows a Sim to buy a home at no cost (freeRealEstate), but I'm not aware of getting a credit for buying an unfurnished home. 

Another government stimulus package, maybe?
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 18, 05:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay for search.

After finally patching my game to use the new features of AwesomeMod, I, too, am experiencing this stimulus package. I don't have any mods except the current AwesomeMod and config. Screenshots to come soon.

Update: PrtSc is being uncooperative.

Also, in Edit Town, the problem is the opposite; the houses and lots are ridiculously high, in the upwards of millions and billions, literally.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 18, 05:41:38 by funkilla » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 18, 07:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem is a sign of severe file corruption and not something related to AwesomeMod. The only solution I recommend is to dump out all your installed mods, patch to the latest version of the game, and reinstall AwesomeMod and not other obsolete mods. As of this time, I don't believe there are any other seriously maintained core mods out there, and in any case you should not install more than one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 18, 07:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can also be contributed to using a no-cd hack that is for the wrong version of the game.
Example, you use Razor arr'd version and upgraded the game to latest patch, you use the old no-cd from the original Razor .iso. Game fucks up as said above.
Not sure how accurate this logic is, but this is just from my findings. It are fact.

"Please tell me 13 underage El Salvadorian sex slaves is 'the line.'" - Jon Stewart
"Everything becomes absolute truth when shouted." - kiki
"When the only one making sense is the ghost of Peter Tosh, either you're really high, or the whole world is fucked" - Wyatt Cenac
INTJ
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 18, 14:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up having to do a full reinstall when this happened to my game.

I believe it's caused by conflicting hacks, as the problem didn't occur until I updated my AM. I'm guessing a recent edition did not agree with my already occupied hacks folder.

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 September 18, 15:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem is a sign of severe file corruption and not something related to AwesomeMod. The only solution I recommend is to dump out all your installed mods, patch to the latest version of the game, and reinstall AwesomeMod and not other obsolete mods. As of this time, I don't believe there are any other seriously maintained core mods out there, and in any case you should not install more than one.

Having been a long time lurker of the site, I have no desire to download anyone else's mods or hacks, let alone use them. This corruption came from a fresh install after uninstalling (manually), patching, reinstalling the only Sims 3 mod I've ever used - AwesomeMod, and the current build with a config.

It can also be contributed to using a no-cd hack that is for the wrong version of the game.
Example, you use Razor arr'd version and upgraded the game to latest patch, you use the old no-cd from the original Razor .iso. Game fucks up as said above.
Not sure how accurate this logic is, but this is just from my findings. It are fact.

This is exactly what I did. I founded a new crack compatible with 1.4.6, and it appears that the cracked .dll was different. In any case, it fixed my issues, so I'm confirming that it are fact.

I ended up having to do a full reinstall when this happened to my game.

I believe it's caused by conflicting hacks, as the problem didn't occur until I updated my AM. I'm guessing a recent edition did not agree with my already occupied hacks folder.

Good for you, but I patched from a fresh reinstall (because I couldn't update from 1.0.632) with no hacks at all and then later added AM back to the game.

Trying to put my Sims 3 folder back into My Documents to recover save files and other stuff, I was left with the dreaded Sims 2 sorority slut interface Sad
So I just deleted it and let the game regenerate it. All is well.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 September 18, 15:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can also be attributed to using a no-cd hack that is for the wrong version of the game.

There.  Fixed.  "Contributed" means something else.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: