More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:41:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  sim in mailbox
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sim in mailbox  (Read 17299 times)
NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
sim in mailbox
« on: 2009 August 21, 15:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, my saved game was broken. So fine, I created a new sim and plunked her into a copy of my empty town and she keeps getting stuck in the mailbox. I tried her in a new town entirely and same thing, still getting stuck in the mailbox. I removed Awesome Mod (all up to date) and same thing. Removed all mods. Same thing. Removed all custom downloads that didn't go in via launcher. Same problem. I'm lost. Any ideas as to why my sim is stuck in the bloody mailbox?  Huh
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: sim in mailbox
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 21, 16:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I can't help you, but the mental image of a sim stuck in a mailbox is hilarious. I picture her peeking out and shaking her fist at the mailman when he comes by to drop off the bills.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 21, 16:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stuck IN the mailbox? Elaborate? Pix or it didn't happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Olivia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 21, 17:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely need pix to prove it. I call bullshit.
NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 21, 17:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mean in the sense that she is inside the mailbox. How's this: they are occupying the same space? She and the mailbox are now one, merged together? Whatever name you want to give to it, she's stuck and I can move her, no matter what lot I put her on or what town I put her in. Or any other sim for that matter. Here's the pic:

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 21, 18:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if you move the mailbox?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 21, 18:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try a resetsim?
NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 21, 18:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried reset sim. As I said, it doesn't matter what sim or what house or what town it is, it happens.

I have tried to move the mailbox and the game crashes in buy mode.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 21, 21:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a Sim stuck outside of the second story level of the library.  I was able to teleport her down.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 21, 21:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes why not teleport her someone where else, you do that from testingCheats. Shift click the ground.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 21, 22:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or can't you do moveobjects on the sim? Also, does it happen at a specifc time or when your sim is doing a specific action?
NyxSixtyOne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 21, 22:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, that's the thing. It doesn't only happen to this one sim. It is happening to all sims, on all lots, in all towns. Nothing is working to "free" them. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 21, 23:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 3: Goin' Postal!

I'm sure this is no consolation, but congratulations on at least finding a unique bug instead of re-reporting something that has been discussed to death. I've never seen anything like this before. Clearly your sims are expecting something very important in the mail. Anyway, hope you get it sorted out  Undecided
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 22, 11:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha!  Pescado should make a mod so that unlucky sims can get their arm stuck in the mailbox.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 22, 16:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it were possible, I'd make it so unlucky sims could get their ARMS MAULED OFF by things LIVING in the mailbox.

snapzit
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 22, 20:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it were possible, I'd make it so unlucky sims could get their ARMS MAULED OFF by things LIVING in the mailbox.

Thanks, Senor Pescado! I spewed my drink out my nose. *Dabs keyboard*

On another note, I had a sim with a bicycle stuck through him. He couldn't go anywhere/do anything without it, but it made it awfully hard for him to go into the house and shower, etc. I separated him from the bike and he simply froze while he stank and starved until I figured out the resetsim command. It was hilarious for a while, though.

Perfected the golf clap here.

ENTP
chaosdagger
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 28, 18:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the exact same issue, and EA Support is no bloody help.  They keep telling me that it's my graphics card causing the issue (that it isn't support, or the drivers are not up to date.) Although it's true that my card isn't one listed as supported (nVidia 9300 GE) the drivers are all up to date.  Furthermore I don't see how a graphics card can even cause an issue like this.  If anyone does find the answer please post it, maybe then I can tell EA how to actually fix it so they won't be such ignorant dumbasses
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 28, 23:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see the pop up now:
"Do you want to check the mail box? Just remember, it's dark in there, your hand may be eaten by a Grue."

platinapina
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 29, 10:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the exact same issue, and EA Support is no bloody help.  They keep telling me that it's my graphics card causing the issue (that it isn't support, or the drivers are not up to date.) Although it's true that my card isn't one listed as supported (nVidia 9300 GE) the drivers are all up to date.  Furthermore I don't see how a graphics card can even cause an issue like this.  If anyone does find the answer please post it, maybe then I can tell EA how to actually fix it so they won't be such ignorant dumbasses
Well, I fixed it by using a different crack before installing the patch, but I assume you have a legal copy, so I'm no help.  Undecided
ShmapnShmazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 September 01, 12:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem when I installed the 1.4 patch. I tried to do the moveobjects cheat but when I clicked on my sim my game crashed. I just reinstalled and did the patch again and now it works. If this continues to happen I suggest reinstalling.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 September 01, 20:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see the pop up now:
"Do you want to check the mail box? Just remember, it's dark in there, your hand may be eaten by a Grue."

No no...it'd be like the box that made the excruciating pain that the Reverend Mother used in Dune...

forbiddenjoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 September 02, 03:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the mental picture of a sim stuck in the mailbox very funny, last night I had a similar thing happen.  One of my triplets got stuck in their potty chair - not on the chair - in the chair.  Luckily I used moveobjects and they were separated.  I am going to assume it must be some kind of glitch.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Those who are easily shocked...should be shocked more often\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" ~ Mae West
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 September 02, 20:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to assume it must be some kind of glitch.

Was that an intentional pun or just a happy accident?

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 September 02, 20:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to assume it must be some kind of glitch.

Was that an intentional pun or just a happy accident?
I'm sitting in the school's computer room, you cracked me up and I laughed right out.
I lol'd.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 September 02, 22:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ew, I hope you're a teacher then, and not just some eighties guy that hangs around where kids are.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: