More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:13:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Really Long Save Tiime
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Really Long Save Tiime  (Read 23057 times)
Briccha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Really Long Save Tiime
« on: 2009 August 20, 23:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game in now taking forever too save -- sometime 20 to 30 minutes or more.  We just installed a brand new high end graphics card and also installed some new memory cards so the RAM should be sufficient.  My instincts are that I have too much CC, although I really don't have that much yet.  I had much CC more in Sims 2 and didn't have this problem.  I read that saving the game periodicially would held the extended save time using save and quit, but all that really does for me is that save time during the game is really really long -- nothing is shortened.  Is there another solution short of removing my CC?  Thanks!
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Really Long Save Tiime
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 21, 00:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't really compare Sims 2 cc to Sims 3 cc. Most of the files for TS3 are much larger, so less total files will take more room compared to TS2. But, that being said, I have a decent amount of cc in my game, and it only takes between 10 and 20 seconds to save, no matter how long it's been since my last save. Of course, I do play with story mode (or whatever it's called) disabled. I just leave aging on and I flip back and forth between my families. That way I don't miss much and I have complete control over my sims.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 21, 00:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have cc and story progression on and I've never gotten a save time over 40 seconds.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 21, 13:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same problem with unbelievable save times. 

My issue is with CC, but I'm not sure which file(s) is(are) screwed as I'm still in the process of pinpointing it(them).   
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 21, 13:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I look at this title and think, "Was one I not enough in Time?"

Anyways on subject.
After I removed a lot of CC; Mainly hair, My game has been running better.
I also cleared out the DCcache, reinstalled a lot of the sims3pack as well.
The only problem was that Riverview got F'ed up on me.
Briccha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 21, 14:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One I is more than enough in Time -- sorry if the typo offends.

In any event, thanks for all the replies.  I think that the solution seems to be to remove my CC and slowly add back. 
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 21, 15:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My save times are an average of a minute, maybe bit longer but I have had 5 minutes once or twice
Olivia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 21, 17:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My save times aren't the fastest, either. It was really bad when I first installed, and believe it or not, the first patched helped a little bit. I was waiting 10-15 minutes for a save pre-patch, and now it can take anywhere from a minute to like 8. Yes, I've timed it.
Haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Maybe it's just my computer, but I can't understand why if it's going to take all damn day to save, that it doesn't ALWAYS take all damn day.
Playful
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 22, 00:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same problem with unbelievable save times. 

My issue is with CC, but I'm not sure which file(s) is(are) screwed as I'm still in the process of pinpointing it(them).   

I think he is correct. I just had this issue and majorly re-organized all of my content. I had converted .sims3files into .packages thinking I could bypass EA's launcher altogether. After installing them correctly and removing 1 wood pattern I found on TSR the slow loading/saving times went from 5minutes to 20seconds. I obviously cannot say for sure this is your problem but thought I'd share how I solved mine.

There are alot of things to think about, but nothing to worry about.
Briccha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 22, 01:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to update -- I drastically reduced my CC and my save time is back to normal.  I am not sure at this point if it is one file or just the amount of CC I had that was causing the problem,  but I am going to slowly add back and see.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 22, 10:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I removed all my cc hair and some of the sims3pack, my game has been running at faster speeds now. I believe my save time only takes a minute or two.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 22, 13:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a large amount of TS3 content, and my save times would be 20 seconds tops. I think that some CC is borked, watch out for content made with the TSR tool, or anything downloaded from there.

Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 22, 13:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know what you mean. I removed alot of the TSR crap I had but, there is still a few patterns floating around. I need to figure out which ones are them, and which patterns have that shitty color wheel set up.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 22, 16:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no more the problem of delay on saving but got something worse. At some point my hoods start to hang and windows cannot shut down TS3. I still don't know what causes this issue but I have a suspect that it was something added with Riverview. The hood has some objects that are not available in build and buy as for example a scarecrow and a terrain paint that simulate old parking place tiles. Some things were placed to buy like a farmer overall for male and female.
Don't think that cc are the problem, but bad cc. I wouldn't recomend at all that folk stop up their game now that it is still a new born baby. Sure next EP will add a lot of new crap and from previous experience I suppose that most will be a slight modified version of any cc that you have already.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 22, 16:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have looong save times too, once 40 mns, and micro freezes too. I took out my extracted packages, and reinstalled through the launcher. That helped, only 15 mns now.
It might be something from TSR, I grabbed patterns when they were free.
It would be a good idea to share the names of the offending files.
orbitpsr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 22, 23:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I had very long save times is when the ram usage of sims went past 1.6 gigs, cant run sims on a 3 gig switch so 1.6 is pretty much the limit before things start getting screwy with other programs as well.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 25, 13:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I narrowed my problem down to three files that relate to toddler training.  Since I took them out, my game has been having quick save times.
simovitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 26, 08:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my save time is probably between 1 to 5 minutes depending on how much i played
i did notice a couple days ago when i took out all my custom content that my game was saving much faster but sadly
a sims game without custom content is not worth playing to me

especially since i am bored with the game already
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 26, 09:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i did notice a couple days ago when i took out all my custom content that my game was saving much faster but sadly

Capital letters and punctuation are required in this post. We are bored with you already.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 26, 10:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have dropped the Sims detail from Very High to only High again in benefit to performance and it helped a bit. Anyway after playing TS3 in Very High Detail I noticed that they do not look any better (much more to swollen rubber puppets) and back to only High, they look a little bit closer to their thumbnails (that look much better than the sim self).
At least in my computer Hoods cannot be larger than 45MB and I'm going to wait until I decide my new computer (that has to be much and really much bigger than the one I have now).
I'm not a typical game player and actually I never play any comp game except TS. But I have nothing against game playing cause it seems that it is the only branch that is forcing computer developping once for normal home users any Office Computer does the job.
I get the very long Save Time when my hood is close to the final borked end. When it takes 60 seconds to save I know the end is near (normally it takes maximum 25 seconds).

One thing had never changed, it takes really long to shut down. None of the times I got the game to close in less than 2 minutes. But I consider it as OS limitation.
simovitch
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 26, 11:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Capital letters and punctuation are required in this post. We are bored with you already.
i am bored with you too
its a free country i type as i please thank you very much
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 26, 11:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i am bored with you too

This is not a free country. This is MATY. Learn how to capitalize and punctuate or go the fuck away.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 26, 12:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i am bored with you too

This is not a free country. This is MATY. Learn how to capitalize and punctuate or go the fuck away.

That's more like it LV, now keep up the good work what ho!

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Snowflakes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 26, 15:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also having this issue. Last night I saved the game, went off to cook and eat dinner, and when I came back the game was still saving. I do have a lot of CC, though.  Undecided
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 26, 15:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose it depends what you want.  If you want to dress up your sims like electronic paper dolls, then you might find this to be true.  On the other hand, I play with almost no cc and am more interested in creating distressing situations for my sims to live through.  You create your own interest.  If you play a cookie cutter game where your sim gets up, goes to work, fulfils his/her opportunities, builds skills, woohoos a couple of times to get spawn, eats, pees, and dies, it will get boring.  You need to be more creative.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: