More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:02:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The House Phone Only Rings When...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The House Phone Only Rings When...  (Read 6561 times)
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
The House Phone Only Rings When...
« on: 2009 August 20, 18:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else ever notice that the house phone only rings when an elder dies from old age? At first I thought it was just that certain household, but as I started creating new families, it was still the same. Is it like that for you guys?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: The House Phone Only Rings When...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 20, 18:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else ever notice that the house phone only rings when an elder dies from old age? At first I thought it was just that certain household, but as I started creating new families, it was still the same. Is it like that for you guys?

* Kyna tries to find the facts & strategy in your post.  Fails to find any.

This section of the board is not for asking questions.

As for your question, I have no idea.  I switch off the house phone so that none of the phones ring.  Incoming phone calls distract my sims from whatever it is that I told them to do (and yes, they do still get opportunities with the phones turn off).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 20, 19:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My fault, I wasn't sure what section to put it in. Is it possible for this to be moved in the "The Horror, The Horror" section?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 21, 00:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not clear what the use of the house phone is, since everyone is has a mandatory cellphone.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 21, 00:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Kyna tries to find the facts & strategy in your post.  Fails to find any.

This section of the board is not for asking questions.

As for your question, I have no idea.  I switch off the house phone so that none of the phones ring.  Incoming phone calls distract my sims from whatever it is that I told them to do (and yes, they do still get opportunities with the phones turn off).
Ooh, I think you just added some strategery, ironically enough.  I didn't know you can get opportunities when the phone is off.  I guess it does make sense, since you get opportunities even if you don't explicitly answer the phone when the opportunity rings.  I'm definitely turning the phone off now.  Thanks for the tip.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 21, 01:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not clear what the use of the house phone is, since everyone is has a mandatory cellphone.

Knowing when one of your friends dies of old age is the only purpose of the house phone, since those calls don't come in on the cell for some reason. Apparently elders all gain the technophobe trait right before they die and leave some sort of provision in their will that no one is to be notified using those newfangled cellular technologies. Not that this is reason enough to have a house phone, mind you, it's really not hard to figure out when someone has died if you're paying a modicum of attention to your relationship panel.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 21, 01:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can also force your sims to be out of the way while on the phone, since they seek a spot to use their cell automatically.

INFP or something
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 21, 04:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I silence all phones, including cell phones. If you've ever had a Rock Star or someone else who knows lot of people, there is no way you can make your own call because sims are always calling you!
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 21, 09:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an option in the telephone named "ignore call" and it seems to be effectless. Most of the calls are those idiot opportunities, I command Ignore call and the opportunity come up anyway.
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 21, 18:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with no house phone I still get notifications that so-n-so has a short time to live, then the next day that so-n-so has died.  There is no reason to have a house phone (IMO)

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 21, 18:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with no house phone I still get notifications that so-n-so has a short time to live, then the next day that so-n-so has died.  There is no reason to have a house phone (IMO)

You need to have one, for a few seconds at least.  Silence one house phone and you silence all the cell phones as well, and the silent setting carries over to other lots you may play in the same neighbourhood.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 21, 21:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thanks Cheesy I didn't know that about silencing the phone that way. Or I did and just never really noticed.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 21, 22:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thanks Cheesy I didn't know that about silencing the phone that way. Or I did and just never really noticed.

Look, if you're not going to add anything useful to the conversation, would you just STFU. I'm sick of seeing your inanities plastered over every thread.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: