More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 05:36:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  general weirdness - ideas?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: general weirdness - ideas?  (Read 7675 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
general weirdness - ideas?
« on: 2005 November 24, 10:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just recently noticed a few things that are a little odd in my game at the moment...

1.  sims no longer seem to leave at the end of a party - both an anniversary party and a new years party - the guests just sort of hung around until some time the next day

2.  elder sims that are still in their regular careers no longer seem to be able to be promoted

I have uni, nightlife, and the holiday pack and a fairly standard assortment of hacks - could the staying after a party be due to the stay later hack?  I also noticed with the anniversary party, the lifetime want wasn't fulfilled (but the poor sim's wife was still an adult - do they both have to be elders?)

anyone else got these problems, or an idea about what's causing them?
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: general weirdness - ideas?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 24, 12:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can suggest is that you scan the area your hack came from to see if anyone has reported anything similar.  I don't know why you're having these problems.  Sorry I can't help more than that  Sad
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 24, 12:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing NL, I've had sims visit that won't leave at all. I haven't had any parties, so I don't know if it's connected, but sims that are brought home from work will just hang around for days on end, sleeping in my sims' beds, playing with their stuff, wandering around in their pants...

Very disturbing. Could be related.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 24, 12:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could the staying after a party be due to the stay later hack? 

I think so.  This also happens in my game.  They will stay for days if their needs are being taken care of.  I had a wedding party recently where a bunch of the guests stayed for hours after it ended.  I saw one of the guests wandering around about 5 am the next day in his pj's, so I figure he must have somehow managed to sleep in a bed  Smiley  I've also gotten the "you invited me to stay overnight and now I can't get any sleep, I'm leaving!" message in relation to a party guest who stayed more than 24 hours after the party had ended.  (And I definitely had not invited him to stay the night!)

I also noticed with the anniversary party, the lifetime want wasn't fulfilled (but the poor sim's wife was still an adult - do they both have to be elders?)

Yes, they both have to be elders.

Karen

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 24, 12:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vector: I've had that happen way, way before NL. Sims that come over, and don't mind if they do and make themselves at home. Tongue

ness: Do you have Monique's stay later hack? It completely removes sims autonomously leaving for anything but needs. If you use it, at the end of a party sims won't leave and you will have to tell them when you want them to go home. It's actually a small price to pay for getting teens to be able to stay beyond the ridiculously early time NL makes them leave and I actually like this feature because sometimes I want sims to stay over after a party and I like to be able to control when they stay and when they leave.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 24, 14:04:41 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 24, 13:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where could I find Monica's stay later hack Motoki?  Is there something similar for community lots too?  Non-controllable teens leave at 9pm which is a pain.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 24, 13:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing so far that makes them stay later on community lots. I wish there was. Sad This just works for residential.

Hold on, I'll go get the link because trust me, it's not an easy place to navigate. Tongue

*edit: here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86655

And I got her name wrong, it's Monique, not Monica. Oops. 

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 24, 13:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vector: I've had that happen way, way before NL. Sims that come over, and don't mind if they do and make themselves at home. Tongue

ness: Do you have Monica's stay later hack? It completely removes sims autonomously leaving for anything but needs. If you use it, at the end of a party sims won't leave and you will have to tell them when you want them to go home. It's actually a small price to pay for getting teens to be able to stay beyond the ridiculously early time NL makes them leave and I actually like this feature because sometimes I want sims to stay over after a party and I like to be able to control when they stay and when they leave.

Morning Cheesy Do you ever sleep? Tongue

And I've had this happen to me as well, before NL. It differs between sims, and I don't know if it has to do with personality. But some sims, even when you invite them to stay over, will stay the night and then leave immediately the next morning. Other sims might stay indefinately until you actually kick them out. Tongue

As for Monique's hack, I haven't tried that yet, although I've downloaded it. I'll have to take a look at it sometime. It would probably be easy to throw in an age check to make it specific for teens, or add some randomness to it or personality checks, so that some sims will go home, and others might continue to stay over.

Ste

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 24, 13:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing so far that makes them stay later on community lots. I wish there was. Sad This just works for residential.

Hold on, I'll go get the link because trust me, it's not an easy place to navigate. Tongue

*edit: here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86655

And I got her name wrong, it's Monique, not Monica. Oops. 

Saying it's hard to navigate is an understatement, I had to search the BBS to find a link to the toddler mirror on MTS2 the other night.  For people like me it's like being lost in a huge city on the other side of the world without knowing the language anyone is speaking!  Thanks for that link, much appreciated  Wink
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 24, 13:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morning Cheesy Do you ever sleep? Tongue

Yes, I just woke up. Wink I go to bed somewhat early like an old fart, but I also get up really early. My internal clock is set to 4:30am and I always wake up then, even on days off like today. Tongue

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 24, 14:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here comes the cavalry. Thanks bunches Motoki, I didn't even know this mod existed. And here I am throwing hissy-fits at my computer when yet another teen walks off at 9 pm.

Syber, I wish I could do some tweaking on my own too. I am however, far to cowardly to venture into actual mods or behavior files. I still hold my breath when I do memory adjustments in SimPe.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone (if you don't celebrate thanksgiving, happy thursday instead Grin)

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 24, 14:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And a happy thursday/Thanksgiving to you too veilchen  Grin

The one time I opened SimPE I was like "Woah, close it quick!"  Too much beast for me to tame.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 24, 14:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to do that too Miramis, I only used the sim browser/sim surgery, but then I became stubborn and started digging a little deeper. Thanks to XP, I made a different account, put the game and simpe there, and now I'm experimenting away Cheesy. I actually came up with a few solutions that way, and for the rest... well, I just do a search on this site. It's a lot of reading at first, but it is also very educational.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 24, 15:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ness, use the Inge's teleporter - it has an option "remove visitors"; I use it after each party I have, to be sure that all of them left. Sometimes indeed some visitors don't leave the area after the party clock stops.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 24, 15:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ness, use the Inge's teleporter - it has an option "remove visitors"; I use it after each party I have, to be sure that all of them left. Sometimes indeed some visitors don't leave the area after the party clock stops.
Ijust had a wedding and hours long reception for My Sim Brynne and the Pixelated Hottie Justin. while most of the guests left around 2 a.m. Sim time . I couldnt figure out why the speed didnt pick up like it usually does when the family is all asleep. I started lookind around and sure enough 2 guests were making themselves right at home having a swim in the pool.
   I promptly clicked the shrub to delete the 2 guests who had overstayed their welcome.it's annoying when a party goes into the early hours of the morning  and the guest still want to hang around after it's over. in Small house holds its easy to find the unwelcome sims But this household has 15 residents on the lot.and it takes time to get all 15 to bed.
  So the unwelcome guests are allowed to make them selves at home for longer periods of time.with out the shrub these 2 would still be there. they are noted for extending their stays everywhere they go. Undecided

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 24, 19:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have monique's stay later hack... 

I think I would prefer some sort of fix to extend the hours that children and teens can stay just a smidgeon, but still have all guests leave at some stage, but...  now that I at least know what it is, I guess I can adapt to this until something better comes along.

Now...  about the elders no longer being able to get promoted? 

I've had other sims before who have stayed in their adult career just to be able to get the last promotion or two to have their life time want fulfilled, and now, suddenly that ability to do that stops...  I've only checked with one elder so far, but there isn't a chance in hell that this guy will ever get promoted...  he's got all the skills, enough friends, goes to work in platinum, job performance bar is maxed out...  I think I'll need to go find another elder and see if it happens everywhere now, or just one bugged sim.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 24, 21:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders promoted -

My all elders are promoted, since I use JM's hack "noagediscrimination". I didn't change it since UNI, and it works fine with NL too.

Mortimer got a medicine job, and is promoted every working day, as he had maxed all 7 skills.

[404'ed!]
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 24, 21:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it appears that it's just something about that sim - all others are being promoted without problems

he's only got 9 days to live, so I shall ignore it for now...  unless it starts again
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 24, 22:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had to take Drastic measures to move 1 of my teens in to a dorm at SSU.normally when a dorm is full because of non playable dormies the game says wait while  the appropriate amount of Dormies moves out.Iput my first 5 teens in with no problem they all claimed rooms and registered etc...I went back to the student bin to retrieve teen#6I drop her off at the appropriate dorm. go back get #7 and # into the dorm I had chosen.
    I entered the Dorm so my last 3 brand new YA's could claim doors register their respective majors.I got the usual pop up about a full dorm .I waited a minute then found 2 vacated rooms and had my new YA's claim them. my third  YA hustles off to class she didnt stay around long enough to search for a door when the pop up appeared about undeclared class  starting in 1 hour.
    Anyhoo she gets back from class and the game had failed to move enough dormies out.I finally found a dormie coming out of a room that my sim needed so to vacate the room I made the dormie selectable  and selected suicide for her.  the first time I clicked die of old age  of course that didnt work so I clicked die of disease.
     needless to say Grim came and got the unwanted dormie but now as a consequence all 8 of my YA's have a bad memory  about thiis dormies death

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 24, 22:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wouldn't it just have been easier to move the whole bunch out and then back in?

any non-playable dormies unclaim rooms at that point
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 24, 22:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wouldn't it just have been easier to move the whole bunch out and then back in?

any non-playable dormies unclaim rooms at that point

it would have been if some of my sims hadnt been at class

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 24, 22:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it appears that it's just something about that sim - all others are being promoted without problems

he's only got 9 days to live, so I shall ignore it for now...  unless it starts again

Whatever the cause is, it's not the left days to live. Mortimer is going to die today, and still got a promotion.

May be moving them to the family bin and back to the house, or another house can solve the problem. I would backup the neighbourhood before moving them, test the new house after the move, and if it's not the cause - restore again the old neighbourhood.

...And perhaps after his death he will be able to be promoted again.

Edit: I mean if he will be resurrected, lol..Smiley.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 25, 02:23:17 by gali » Logged
Zandi
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 24, 23:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of party guest staying after the party clock runs out.
it actually annoyed me that they were like party over everyone rush the door at once before.
Generally I like just telling them bye bye goon home now when I get sick of them....

As for Sims that are braught home from work I've allways told them to get lost after a short while so I wouldn't know if that's changed in my game or not.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: