More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:24:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  White Speckles in Sim Hair Solution
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: White Speckles in Sim Hair Solution  (Read 5038 times)
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
White Speckles in Sim Hair Solution
« on: 2009 June 01, 03:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First - sorry if this thread is useless to most people. I know, however, the number of players having issues with hair speckles did not begin and end with myself.

I tried some things with the graphics settings, and found that turning off Smooth Edges eliminated the hair speckles. However, it made everything else look jagged and unpleasant.

So, if you have an nVidia card -- and/or, assuming ATI has a similar control panel -- go to said control panel, select Sims 3 (ts3.exe) from the available applications (if what you get is Sims 3 Launcher, and when you try to manually add ts3.exe to the list and still end up with the launcher, you need to uncheck "Show only programs found on this computer", ts3.exe will then be listed there.)

Where is says "Anti-aliasing - Transparency" turn that manually to "Off". Done. No more white specks and you can keep smooth edges on so nothing gets jagged.

TL;DR?

To get rid of white speckles in Sim hair, turn off anti-aliasing transparency.

Hope that works for everyone else...
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 05:58:56 by coltraz » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: White Speckles in Sim Hair Solution
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 01, 04:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The speckles are the sim's skin being drawn through their hair and then blurred into larger masses due to crappy Anti-aliasing. Anti-aliasing is a shitty performance hog that makes the entire game look BLURRY.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Britney
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 October 07, 01:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol white speckles from other sims blowing gizz all over the place i bet jk is dirty talk alowed here?

Yes.
Luna Doll
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 October 08, 15:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coltraz, I went into my nvidia control, and it's already turned off. So something else is causing the white specks in their hair?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 October 09, 02:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your crappy ingame "Smoothing" settings as well.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: