More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 14:59:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I just re-installed Sims 3, and I can not open the cheat console now!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I just re-installed Sims 3, and I can not open the cheat console now!  (Read 5903 times)
Ariakas
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I just re-installed Sims 3, and I can not open the cheat console now!
« on: 2009 September 06, 02:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just re-installed Sims 3, and I can not open the cheat console with the
Ctrl Shift C keys like I could before.

I have the latest patch installed

List of some things I have done to try to fix this:
I removed all mods installed.
I deleted the cache files in documents folder.

Still no console showing up.
Anyone with a answer to this problem?

Thanks
Ariakas
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: I just re-installed Sims 3, and I can not open the cheat console now!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 September 06, 03:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not wanting to sound patronising, but could there be something wrong with your keyboard? My keys often stick or cease to function thanks to me often eating by the computer  Cheesy Could one of the keys be bust? Try using them outside of the game and see if they work.

If they are in working order, use this piece of advice from yahoo answers, posted by some random guy:

Instead of typing: Ctrl+Shift+C

Type this instead: Ctrl+Shift+WindowsKey+C

If you typed it correctly, the command line should appear as normal, and you should NOT be booted back to the desktop. Holding down Ctrl+Shift prevents the Windows Key from exiting you from Sims 3. The same problem exists with Sims 2 for the same reason, as has the same fix (I actually discovered the fix from someone who had the same problem in Sims 2) If you aren't running an HP laptop with Vista, it might still be worth a shot, but there are no guarantees it will work of course.

I hope this helps the other players (like myself) who couldn't get the cheat console to appear. Please make sure to pass this info on to other forums and the like so everyone is aware.

Ariakas
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Thanks that did the trick!
« Reply #2 on: 2009 September 06, 03:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this something new with the last patch?
I have always used Ctrl+Shift+C in the past.

But Ctrl+Shift+Windows Key+C works.

Thanks Ariakas
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 September 06, 04:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, probably. Glad it worked.

id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 September 11, 08:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHA!  I thought it was weird - I just got a new computer and changing from XP to Vista something similar happened to me.  I can still type the ...cheatsenabled..  some cheats come up.  But only very few - most of them are gone. same with the Awesome Mod - only a small part of the previously available cheats come up.  if it is really just some keys that are wrong, does someone here know how to "turn it on" again?  do I have to replace one or more of the letters to get it to work?
id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 September 11, 21:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes "testingcheatsenabled true"  sorry, simply too lazy to type out the whole thing, it IS a mouthful.
and neither the "I type the whole thing out" nor the "I enable in Awesome Mod" method gives me more than, well, one or two of the cheats (in fact I pretty much only have the age up and I believe one other cheat per person).

With XP I had a whole lot,  I could change pretty much anything you could possibly dream of wanting to do.
id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 October 04, 08:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't matter how often I type it into the console, doesn't matter whether I enable it in the awesome mod or not.  Most of the cheats just have stopped showing up after I changed to Vista.  Previously I could shift-click on a sim and get a whole wheel menu full of cheats now I get aging up and one more and that's it.  It's obviously on, I can for instance pull over the wants bars to make them more or less awake, hungry, whatever.  But all the other cheats like start opportunity etc. are gone.  Cheats on some items (like plants) are likewise gone.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 04, 14:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Id - use control-shift-click to get the cheats to come up.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 October 04, 21:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an issue with Vista/Win7 and certain keyboard layouts that treat the tilde as a modifier key. If you can type ñ by typing ~+n, you suffer from this issue -- but it's not the only symptom.

MS apparently considers this not worth a fix.

Do you have any other information on this problem? I'm trying to get used to US-INTL keyboard layout and thinking about installing Windows 7, so a heads-up as to the issues I might face would be appreciated.

INFP or something
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 October 05, 03:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't matter how often I type it into the console, doesn't matter whether I enable it in the awesome mod or not.  Most of the cheats just have stopped showing up after I changed to Vista.  Previously I could shift-click on a sim and get a whole wheel menu full of cheats now I get aging up and one more and that's it.  It's obviously on, I can for instance pull over the wants bars to make them more or less awake, hungry, whatever.  But all the other cheats like start opportunity etc. are gone.  Cheats on some items (like plants) are likewise gone.
*rolls eyes* Ok. Granted, it's been about a month since I've played Sims3, but quite some time ago, Pescado changed Awesomemod to hold most cheats under CTRL-SHIFT-click, like LVRugger suggested. OS has nothing to do with it. Try reading the fucking manual before complaining.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 October 05, 05:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't matter how often I type it into the console, doesn't matter whether I enable it in the awesome mod or not.  Most of the cheats just have stopped showing up after I changed to Vista.  Previously I could shift-click on a sim and get a whole wheel menu full of cheats now I get aging up and one more and that's it.  It's obviously on, I can for instance pull over the wants bars to make them more or less awake, hungry, whatever.  But all the other cheats like start opportunity etc. are gone.  Cheats on some items (like plants) are likewise gone.
*rolls eyes* Ok. Granted, it's been about a month since I've played Sims3, but quite some time ago, Pescado changed Awesomemod to hold most cheats under CTRL-SHIFT-click, like LVRugger suggested. OS has nothing to do with it. Try reading the fucking manual before complaining.
When I've played Sims 3, it's been on a laptop, which is running Vista.  You have to enable all of the "enable dubug .... " options in the AwesomeMod configuration file and try again.  It should work.  It's not VISTA.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 October 05, 20:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful~. Thanks for the info >.> I may just have to switch keyboard mapping back when gaming. I'm playing with US-Intl on my laptop as opposed to having to buy a UK-layout keyboard when I move to the UK next year, so for most purposes I won't need the extended keyboard set when gaming.

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: