More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 14:03:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  load sim from bin w/ Awesome Mod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: load sim from bin w/ Awesome Mod  (Read 7541 times)
owwbabeh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
load sim from bin w/ Awesome Mod
« on: 2009 August 19, 03:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok... so i've been searching for a while and can't seem to find any subjects on this.. i'm wondering, if i load a sim up into CAS with Awesome Mod, is there any way to choose a sim from the sim bin? or no? cause i'm not seeing the icon to do so anywhere, which really sucks.... i ended up changing my sim slightly different but not while playing the game, it was in the new create a family section, i didn't actively change him...  Embarrassed
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: load sim from bin w/ Awesome Mod
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 19, 03:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well strictly speaking Edit in CAS on a sim is an EA debug command, not an awesomemod command. Although Awesomemod allows you to enable it, it's not officially supported, hence the " (EXPERIMENTAL-UNSAFE-UNSUPPORTED!)" note in the config.

However, having said that, awesomemod now has a bodysnatch command so what you can do is make a new sim from a bin template, place them and then have your existing sim bodysnatch their appearance. The bodysnatched sim whose appearance you grabbed will automatically be nuked once the procedure is done. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Countess
elsie d
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 19, 03:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be that you have the following AwesomeMod configured item : "CustomSimFilterIsDefault--Enabled." If you disable this, you should get the option in CAS to select Sims from Bin. When enabled, you only see your custom Sims, and you may not have created any.
owwbabeh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 19, 04:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Motoki, hmm ok... so, does the sim I make have to be made inside the household, or can it be a visitor? And what's the command to do so?

@Elsie, I switched the command to Disabled and I see what you're talking about, now it only lets me choose from custom made Sims, but the 6 little headed sim icon I am seeking for in CAS when you select it for a pre-existing sim is still missing.. think I'm gonna have to do the bodyswitch thing..

Thanks to both of you for repsonding to me so quickly too.  Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 19, 04:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it can be a visitor you just target them and blammo. Hmm, I will have to test it out. Wink

Edit: Yep. Way easy to do. It's evil but it works.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2009 August 19, 04:28:07 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 19, 04:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim to be bodysnatched just has to exist in the neighborhood. Easiest way to do it though, just go into CAS from edit town, mess with your sim until you're happy (just make sure he/she is the same age level as the sim that's gonna snatch, and give him an easy-to-type name). Then merge your new single family household containing the bodysnatch victim into the current household. Go into that household, select the sim you wanted to edit in the first place, open console, type 'bodysnatch <name of sim you just merged>' and boom, you're done.
owwbabeh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 19, 04:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHHHHH ohmigosh it worked. Thank you very much Motoki and varmint!

I created him really fast, moved him in a lot close to my sim I wanted to change the looks of, invited him over to my sims house, switched active household.. opened up console, typed the bodysnatch "simname" and boom, done!

I'm so happy.  Grin Thanks again. <3
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 19, 07:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim to be bodysnatched just has to exist in the neighborhood. Easiest way to do it though, just go into CAS from edit town, mess with your sim until you're happy (just make sure he/she is the same age level as the sim that's gonna snatch, and give him an easy-to-type name). Then merge your new single family household containing the bodysnatch victim into the current household. Go into that household, select the sim you wanted to edit in the first place, open console, type 'bodysnatch <name of sim you just merged>' and boom, you're done.
Don't merge unless you want to acquire a cheaty sum of free funds. Just plop them on an empty lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 19, 09:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yeah, didn't think about the extra cash, I just like having them in the same house for the instant gratification of seeing them get obliterated.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: