More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 03:59:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  THE Community Lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE Community Lot  (Read 33433 times)
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
THE Community Lot
« on: 2009 August 18, 23:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims3Addicted made a huge Community lot, an All-In-One lot  Shocked

It's designed for replacing the Central Park because of the size (64x64), but after having it you can erase all the other lots it replaces.

On the lot, you'll find:

The Grocery Store
Theater
Diner
Business Building (x2)
Spa/Salon
Book Store
Police Department
Restaurant
Playground
BBQ Area
Chess Board
Picnic Blankets (You'll need to bring your picnic basket!)
Bathroom Facilities
Nursery (See notes)
Sleeping Facilities (See notes)

You can download it here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364827

Nothing to see here.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: THE Community Lot
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 18, 23:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks a bit messy. And what's the point of having everything crammed into one lot? Surely then the rest of your neighbourhood is full of blank lots?

jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 18, 23:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps having more places to build houses in different lot sizes? Use your imagination.

Nothing to see here.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 18, 23:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having more residential lots could be more useful, yes. Don't attempt to patronise me again, however.

Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 18, 23:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Thats what I thought.
But I think it could've been done a little better perhaps.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 18, 23:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having more residential lots could be more useful, yes. Don't attempt to patronise me again, however.

Cry

Nothing to see here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 19, 00:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks a bit messy. And what's the point of having everything crammed into one lot? Surely then the rest of your neighbourhood is full of blank lots?
The problem is that there's a severe shortage of lots in the game. For instance, I have nowhere else to plant sims now because there are no more lots left, and I didn't plant all that many sims. This is what is motivating Project Rabbithole Apartment Life. Now if only we had a MESHER, we could make something AWESOME.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 19, 01:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough, I suppose if you're really pushed for sim stuff it's justifiable to cram everything into one. It's stupid that the neighbourhood can't be edited anyway. Another step backwards. Better keep hoping for that mesher then, I guess.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 19, 01:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that there's a severe shortage of lots in the game. For instance, I have nowhere else to plant sims now because there are no more lots left, and I didn't plant all that many sims. This is what is motivating Project Rabbithole Apartment Life. Now if only we had a MESHER, we could make something AWESOME.
[/quote]

Well maybe if you went into more detail with regards to what you are looking for exactly. Tongue

Anyhow, there's existing meshes in the game that look like apartments already like the space above the shops. There's even airconditioners hanging out the windows above the bookstore so it certainly looks like someone should be living there.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 19, 09:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone is making squished rabbitholes to put inside real sim houses. Wintermutai has a cloned Graveyard Rabbit Hole that also works as a store. And, there is a new set on MTS with Rabbit Holes that can be used on residence lots. My wish: squished rabbitholes, all available on all kinds of lots. And, with time, nice new meshes like for example a food store that looks like a market stand, or like a small medieval hut.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 19, 09:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maybe if you went into more detail with regards to what you are looking for exactly. Tongue
Quite simple, really. Blocky, Apartmenty, and made from something with MULTIPLE DOORS. Big and tall enough that I can cram a lot of sims in there without ever being troubled by clown-car-syndrome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 19, 10:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm wrong but Riverview have sort of done this already. Instead of big lots they squeezed the lots in narrow stripes and glued them all together so that it gives the impression of one only lot. Big lots normally takes too much memory. I recall that even the big park doesn't get much of visitors. Unfortunately Riverview concentrated the lots but didn't give you any more lots to populate. It looks like a concentration point and all the rest are blank spots with some small houses spread around. I like it though, it is more country side.
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 19, 10:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

In Riverview I remove all the sims from the large houses where Jon Lesson lives and then plonk them in smaller houses down below. With Awes mod making them pay bills Lesson cannot afford where he lives anyway....lol. The Shallow family, the Grisbys' Wilson and Lesson himself all get rehoused.  The houses get demolished.

Then you have 5 large 6x6 lots to play with.  On there I have built what looks like several houses on each of these lots, like a mini estate if you will and when Indie chucks in large families which it always does I simply bung them in these large 'housing estates' and it looks pretty good.

Lots and lots of sims in an area where there were only 10.  I change the Wilson ground to community and put in the pre built park thats in your park bin.  Its gets nice and busy up on the hill now where it used to be boring looking and somewhat dead.

Kind regards
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 19, 11:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Riverview there's a lot that can be changed or rezoned. There's a house built for probably a rock star. What's the point to build specific houses? Soon or later they will move out and the house will be populated by a couple with twin toddlers anyway. I tried to place the house in my standard (space for 8 sims being that at least one has to be space for baby/toddlers - cribs, potties, toys, etc.) and ended up with cribs on one enormous bedroom and single beds on the top of the store place in front of the main gate. Disaster. Lot can be merciless buldozed.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 19, 14:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite simple, really. Blocky, Apartmenty, and made from something with MULTIPLE DOORS. Big and tall enough that I can cram a lot of sims in there without ever being troubled by clown-car-syndrome.

So basically a DEE-luxe apartment in the skyyyyy ala the Jeffersons?

I'm not a meshing expert but I could try. Thing is though Nanacake asked Wes about being able to do replacement rabbit hole meshes a little while back and at the time he said his utility wasn't setup to handle them but he might be adding that so I'll have to see if he did.

Back on topic for this lot, I think it's useful. I keep seeing a lot of houses people made for those funky sized lots which were for stores originally. Also there is the finite space issue as mentioned. The apartment thing would be great but still more lots means more sims you can play or visit.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 19, 14:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish they'd bring back apartment life in general.
It was a great idea, but they seemed to make it very buggy. EAxis at their best it seems.

Back when Nightlife came out, I think I was hoping it'd have apartments but, nope.

So maybe, just maybe if we get a downtown/nightlifey kind of EP. It might have apartments.
Since When I think of downtown I think apartments.
Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 19, 15:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...I tried to make lots with the BunnyHoles burried, but I just could not satisfy myself that I liked the way they looked.

I have two Hoods, the Original one that came with the game (which I have emptied out of all sims but the one family I am playing, with story progression turned off) and a modified Riverview which I am trying to convert to a Roman style theme.

But the RabbitHoles are where I fell down. So, I tried deleting all the lots, bulldozing them down so I could use the smaller sized comunity lot plots for my poor Plebian Sims.

This crashed my Sims...*sigh*
After I reloaded, I bulldozed all the sims homes, and moved the comunity Rabbitholes to the edges of the map for the time being. This solved the lockup, atleast.

Personaly, I would LOVE a replacement Rabbithole that is just a doorway or an archway. This way, I could recolor it Marble or wood, and use them on a built by me lot.
At least this way, I could make my Roman or Medievil Hoods by selecting the right rabbithole door, and just make my own decorated workplaces.
(untill the next expansion comes along that adds those places as playable lots *cough* nightlife-OFB-UNI ect *cough*)

*Edit*
After seeing it on MtS site, I dont think it actualy looks squashed together or messy. To me, it looks like a normal, american Cityblock area (allbeit, on a much smaller scale.)
I might try something similar myself, as I tried making 2 and 3 unit lots, but became dishartend as they just dont fit with my Roman Lots.
Maybe use the old TownHall area of Riverview as a Street hehe.
(Though, they will look too modern for now, at least the most important places will be nearby then.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 19, 16:07:24 by Rayea » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 19, 23:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot looks great, but the problem is with the rest of the neighborhood.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sookielee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 20, 07:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of this lot and downloaded it. I plan on deleting the two building made by the creator and the extra business rabbit hole. I wanted the lot to have usable entrances on all four streets. To me the lot feels/appears more urban. The lots freed up by moving the rabbit holes will make a great place for city style brownstones.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 20, 14:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically a DEE-luxe apartment in the skyyyyy ala the Jeffersons?
I'm not a meshing expert but I could try. Thing is though Nanacake asked Wes about being able to do replacement rabbit hole meshes a little while back and at the time he said his utility wasn't setup to handle them but he might be adding that so I'll have to see if he did.
Back on topic for this lot, I think it's useful. I keep seeing a lot of houses people made for those funky sized lots which were for stores originally. Also there is the finite space issue as mentioned. The apartment thing would be great but still more lots means more sims you can play or visit.
So, the idea is it has to be a rabbit hole?  Because if you just wanted to create an apartment building, you would not need a mesher, right?  I wouldn't want my controlled Sims to live in a rabbit hole, so I assume the idea is just to introduce more Sims you don't play into the neighborhood?

Sounds like a great idea though ... why don't you get together with the meshers already here, such as Nanacake and SoggyFox?  What about Wes? 

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 20, 15:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, the idea is it has to be a rabbit hole?  Because if you just wanted to create an apartment building, you would not need a mesher, right?  I wouldn't want my controlled Sims to live in a rabbit hole, so I assume the idea is just to introduce more Sims you don't play into the neighborhood?
Well, the idea is that while it is probably not the most DESIRABLE place for a sim to live, it is rather difficult to find anything worth buying on 16K.

Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 20, 16:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the idea is that while it is probably not the most DESIRABLE place for a sim to live, it is rather difficult to find anything worth buying on 16K.
Additionally most YAs I know would rather live in a crappy apartment that needs to be fumigated on a weekly basis than stay at Mommy's. Something like that could save the Bunch kids from being total losers, and without Mum and Dad bringing home at least some cash, they might even move their lazy asses and get jobs eventually.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 20, 16:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, the idea is it has to be a rabbit hole?  Because if you just wanted to create an apartment building, you would not need a mesher, right?  I wouldn't want my controlled Sims to live in a rabbit hole, so I assume the idea is just to introduce more Sims you don't play into the neighborhood?

I know.  And you cannot, I assume, make it so they could buy the individual apartments, correct?  Sort of like a coop/condo situation?  Then they could pay a maintenance fee.  Think about that one.  Can you mod the game to allow apartment style living with say the doors from Apartment Life or with the lockable doors currently available?  I don't recall even having the option to buy individual apartments in Apartment Life. No, that was renting.  Would that be an option?  I started to build an apartment building, however, it is useless if the game cannot be modified to allow either buying individual units or renting them.

And, the other idea is well worth pursuing because that would allow space for more unplayed Sims.  More interesting, though, is the abililty to modify the existing neighborhoods.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for "dropoldromances".  Haven't tried it yet in game - I will try it on Brad Parrish.  If you still have my SaveGame file, what do you think about how I modified the old Sekemoto house (which is where the Parrish family lives) or if you go to the Davis family (which is my main family) how I modified the existing EAxi's house they live in (I did this because the lot has the Beautiful Vista moodlet).  Waiting for someone to find and duplicate that spawner or whatever it is.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 21, 00:58:58 by coconnor » Logged

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 20, 18:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims3Addicted made a huge Community lot, an All-In-One lot  Shocked
It's designed for replacing the Central Park because of the size (64x64), but after having it you can erase all the other lots it replaces.
On the lot, you'll find: The Grocery Store; Theater; Diner; Business Building (x2) Spa/Salon; Book Store; Police Department; Restaurant Playground; BBQ Area; Chess Board; Picnic Blankets (You'll need to bring your picnic basket!);Bathroom Facilities; Nursery (See notes); Sleeping Facilities (See notes)
You can download it here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364827
I am currently testing this in my game.  So far, seems to work well.  However, of note:  If you previously owned any of the businesses now represented on this lot, it seems you are unable to "collect money".  Therefore, you need to sell the deed first, and then buy it back.  Will report back any findings after further testing.  However, for my rock star Sim, the autograph session went VERY well here.  Many more people in attendance.  Zerg swarming may become a problem, however, and if it does, AwesomeMod has a fix for that.

Also, if you might want to revert to the old Central Park, save a copy of it to your library before bulldozing.  I did not have lot in the library, so thankfully I checked before bulldozing.  Have also bulldozed all the old community lots this replaces, which opens up a wealth of new lots for your Sims in the downtown area.

Edit:   Oops, double-posted!

Rayea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 21, 00:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...I got the Beautiful Vista Moodlet on the beach lot that I changed from comunity to Residential in the non Riverview Hood. But the house was a basic tiny place and had no pretty interiors. I wondered why it had that moodlet. I mean, the beach *is* a pretty place to live, but if you are living in a tiny, messy run down looking lot, made from cheap items, how do you get the impression of a Beautifull Vista  Grin  Shocked

Also, I seem to Remember someone had a Lockable Door for Sims3? I know that would not Help Pescado with his ResiBlock...But it might be modafiable?
What about the freeRealEstate cheat, and those lockable doors with say, 2-3 sets of stairs to seperate the floors up?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: