More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 00:45:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Thinness capped at .5?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Thinness capped at .5?  (Read 13055 times)
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Thinness capped at .5?
« on: 2009 August 18, 20:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a Sim who spent about a dozen hours doing cardio exercise, but his thinness won't increase beyond 50% (according to bodyinfo.) The Body Sculptor is no help, since it seems to have a failure rate of 90%. (This is v1.4.6.2, with AwesomeMod. The Sim in question also has Fast Metabolism.)

Is there something I'm missing here? I assume this shouldn't be expected behavior.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 18, 22:42:01 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
Re: Thinness capped at .5?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 18, 20:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try just using the "editsim" command, and changing it with the sliders?
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 18, 20:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try just using the "editsim" command, and changing it with the sliders?
I figured this was a bad idea.
Quote from: rtfm
"editsim <SIM NAME>": As above. EXPERIMENTAL and UNSUPPORTED.
     Can edit facial features and favorites. Do not attempt to change a sim's
     weight
, age, or traits using this command. No support will be provided
     for this command: YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN!
Even if that worked, I'd be curious why exercise apparently doesn't.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 18, 20:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they're too beefy? More cardio, less strength workout perhaps will balance out the ratio?

aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 18, 21:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, yes that would lead one to think it shouldn't be attempted. I changed my person's age with it though, and nothing seems to have gone wrong.
But being to beefy would make sense, even though
Sim who spent about a dozen hours doing cardio exercise
So it seems he's doing the right exercise. Is he muscular already though? Does he also do strength workouts?
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 18, 21:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a pic of his bodyinfo attached to the first post. I maxed his beefiness using the weight machine when he was skilling Athletic. Then I had him treadmill and music-cardio to increase thinness, which quickly rose to .5 and stuck there.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 18, 22:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what your saying- even if you couldn't see it in him physically, the bodyinfo still says it hasn't gone down any or increased any. I think that's probably an Awesome mod problem that Pescado will have to look into. You could report in the "Awesome Mod" forum section, there's a topic about Awesome Mod bugs or problems, something like that in there.
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 18, 22:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that what CardioVectorDays means? I didn't know what that stat meant. If it makes any difference, he just moved into a new house.

I'll have him exercise some more to verify that CardioVectorDays isn't changing, then report in the AwesomeMod section.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 18, 22:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm not exactly sure what CardioVectorDays means either.
I meant that since his thinness stayed at .5 and since you can't necessarily see his body becoming thinner, you know it isn't because it's staying at .5. Which is basically just restating your question (I know, how helpful). Anyways my real help would be to tell you to just go report it since it seems like an Awesome Mod problem.

But you could do an experiment to see if maybe it's just that sim, or everybody can't become thinner than .5. If you made a fully fat sim with no muscle, and then gave him cardio for a while, after he started to slim down, check his bodyinfo. If it's less than .5, keep exercising until it get's to .5, where you'd once again keep exercising and see if it will go past 50%.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 18, 22:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With exercise, a sim will lose fatness, but won't acquire thinness, because people who work out in real life don't turn into emaciated sticks, they merely lose fat. You'll have to wait until I implement bulimia.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 18, 22:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see. Does the crappy Body Sculptor offer a way around that? The failure rate for the thing seems astronomical.
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 19, 03:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With exercise, a sim will lose fatness, but won't acquire thinness, because people who work out in real life don't turn into emaciated sticks, they merely lose fat. You'll have to wait until I implement bulimia.

well if they excercise without eating, they can indeed get rather thin eventually...

and wouldnt anorexia be easier to implement? bulimia involved making them eat until stuffed, then enabling an optional vomit command when stuffed, then weightloss from a successful vomit rather than just noeat = thin solution?

and I solved this problem by downloading and using the savegame editor. Changing weight sliders in Editsim doesn't work, the weight just changes back. I believe their is a link to said editor in the pudding factory?
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 19, 04:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I solved this problem by downloading and using the savegame editor.
I tried this, but it didn't stick for long. A few minutes on the treadmill lowered the guy's thinness from 1 to .5. This was after I had changed both the CurrentShape and InitialShape values.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 19, 05:02:21 by Louisb » Logged
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 19, 14:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn, so the only way to get a stick thin sim is through CAS? This is disappointing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 19, 14:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and wouldnt anorexia be easier to implement? bulimia involved making them eat until stuffed, then enabling an optional vomit command when stuffed, then weightloss from a successful vomit rather than just noeat = thin solution?
Look, I go with what AMUSES ME MORE, okay? Watching a sim just NOT EAT? Boring. Watching the Yarfing Pedobait brought back to TS3? FUNNY. Capiche?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 19, 14:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to wait until I implement bulimia.
...and wouldnt anorexia be easier to implement? bulimia involved making them eat until stuffed, then enabling an optional vomit command when stuffed, then weightloss from a successful vomit rather than just noeat = thin solution?

I'd like to request the vomit + incontinence combo purge.  

P.S. Sometimes easiest isn't best. Wink

Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 19, 14:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn, so the only way to get a stick thin sim is through CAS? This is disappointing.
I agree. I wonder if this behavior is present in the vanilla game or introduced by AwesomeMod.
This is something with which I must respectfully disagree. The difference between an "emaciated stick" and a regular person is simply the quantity of possessed body fat (and muscle, but that's handled separately in The Sims). If cardio exercise causes a decrease in body fat, it should cause a shift towards Thinness=1 regardless of where the sim is along the thinness/fatness spectrum.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 19, 15:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something with which I must respectfully disagree. The difference between an "emaciated stick" and a regular person is simply the quantity of possessed body fat (and muscle, but that's handled separately in The Sims). If cardio exercise causes a decrease in body fat, it should cause a shift towards Thinness=1 regardless of where the sim is along the thinness/fatness spectrum.
Yeah, well, the single variable "Thinness" in TS3 handles a number of things, not all of which are purely fat-based. Otherwise, taking a sim to absolute MINIMUM thinness AND muscle would make them look entirely like a famine victim with protruding ribs and whatnot.

veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 19, 16:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement. A cardio workout by it's very nature encourages the growth of lean muscle, and as such someone who participates a lot in cardio exercise will eventually reach a plateau where weight loss stops. At this point, they may continue to burn fat, but it will be quickly replaced, with heavier, more dense muscle mass. I work in a leisure centre (gym/pool) and as such, know these things.

With regard to the OPs query - Perhaps the original restraints, even in CAS? We've all grown used to the slider hacks, I think. As a solution, the BodySculptor can be improved in a tuning XML very easily, have a look for the Mod Maker at MTS if you have no prior modding experience.
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 19, 20:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look, I go with what AMUSES ME MORE, okay? Watching a sim just NOT EAT? Boring. Watching the Yarfing Pedobait brought back to TS3? FUNNY. Capiche?

xD Je comprende, monsieur. You implementing bulimia would actually make my day for various reasons including the above stated.  Though You should also make it decrease thier livespans significantly though for uh, realism purposes :0 And if someone catches them, they should have a disgusted moodlet...or something :0

And dunno, the editor worked for me, but then again, I didnt make the edited sim work out any after I did the editing? I also have the bodysliders from ModtheSims installed (forgot the creator, but I use those + Pescados face sliders) if that makes any difference? Dunno might just be voodoo thing...
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 19, 23:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I accept that my intuition regarding weight loss was incorrect. Regardless, it seems odd and disappointing that it would be impossible for a non-thin-created Sim to access a quarter of the body-weight continuum.

The only slider mods I have are the ones that came with AwesomeMod. I was able to create-a-Sim with maximum thinness and beefiness; he maintained that body profile throughout his life.

I downloaded the Better Body Sculptor from sims3tinkers which eliminates its possibility to fail; it turns out that the extremely common "failures" I've been suffering are apparently overflows on the Thinness value - it rolls back down to zero once I increase it past about .55 with the Sculptor.

So all of those explanations and solutions are no-gos, unfortunately.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 20, 00:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I accept that my intuition regarding weight loss was incorrect. Regardless, it seems odd and disappointing that it would be impossible for a non-thin-created Sim to access a quarter of the body-weight continuum.
More than that, really. There aren't any mechanisms in the game that really cause a sim to lose beefiness below their created level, so if you create a sim with maximum beefy-arm, they wil pretty much stay that way.

shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 20, 00:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

then again do really muscular people in real life ever lose the muscle? most that i've seen who've gotten out of shape still look muscular, they just have a layer of fat over the muscles...
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 20, 07:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More than that, really. There aren't any mechanisms in the game that really cause a sim to lose beefiness below their created level, so if you create a sim with maximum beefy-arm, they wil pretty much stay that way.
That's actually what I though too. Just as originally fat sims will plump back up to fat after a while, even after losing it with cardio. However Awesome mod does help that occur not so rapidly.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 27, 17:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, the single variable "Thinness" in TS3 handles a number of things, not all of which are purely fat-based. Otherwise, taking a sim to absolute MINIMUM thinness AND muscle would make them look entirely like a famine victim with protruding ribs and whatnot.

It irritates me that this is not possible. The upper limit of the fatness slider in TS3 CAS is huge and whale-like, but the lower limit just looks normal, and not especially skinny. This is particularly irritating with children, who should normally look quite skinny unless they have whaletards for parents.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: