More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:19:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Owner Stuck on Lot: Might be the Food Stands?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Owner Stuck on Lot: Might be the Food Stands?  (Read 6525 times)
IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
Owner Stuck on Lot: Might be the Food Stands?
« on: 2009 August 18, 20:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all expansions and I built a huge mall with a "food court" using the four BV food stands. All was well until I told the business owner to go home. He drove a custom car (one of Fresh Prince's) to the lot. The owner is behaving as if there are still people on the lot (waving, shouting) and won't get in the car. The only folks on the lot as far as I can tell are the "local chef" NPCs in the food stands. Would they cause this "someone is still here so I can't go home" behavior?

~Cat

I am but a lowly private in this army of disillusioned miscreants.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Owner Stuck on Lot: Might be the Food Stands?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 19, 00:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 19, 00:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any ideas on how I can keep the stands and still run the lot as a business? They are so much more convenient than running a restaurant. If I delete the chefs (not even sure I can, but I'm assuming) will they spawn back?

Or, better yet, is there a hack that allows an owner to leave with folks still on the lot?

~Cat

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 19, 00:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any ideas on how I can keep the stands and still run the lot as a business? They are so much more convenient than running a restaurant. If I delete the chefs (not even sure I can, but I'm assuming) will they spawn back?
Yes. If you strike them down, they will come back and pick up all their stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 19, 01:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I shall attempt to smite them with my magic blue arrow of smitefulness. Thanks!

~Cat

DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 19, 02:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to try nuking off-world loiterers with the Lot Debugger before you nuke the chefs.  Sometimes visitors get stuck just off-world, and the owner won't leave the lot because s/he thinks they're still there.  Make sure you don't have Debug Mode on, then use Force Error... Off-World on the Lot Debugger.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 19, 06:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuking loiterers is a button under Nuke, not Force Errors.

DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 20, 03:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuking loiterers is a button under Nuke, not Force Errors.

I usually just hit Force Error... On All to cover all my bases.  Last time I had an off-world loiterer, that got rid of him.

IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 20, 06:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, funny story, well maybe just to me, but anyway...
1) move_objects on/deleted the chefs and they spawned back almost immediately.
2) moved the chefs to the sidewalk...and they calmly walked back into their stalls through the mall front doors. No gate in those stalls, but they just walked in a beeline back to their stoves.
Kind of freaky really in this big empty mall...somehow Overlook Hotel freaky. Anyway...
2) force error/deleted the chefs. They did not re-spawn.
...well not funny so much as interesting. Regardless, none of this did any good. The owner kept up his waving and whistling throughout. I reset him and tried again to leave after each try, but no dice.

So, I guess I'll exit without saving and see if I can download the Debugger. Should I turn disable my "allmenus" cheat before using the Debugger? Seems like it might cause problems. http://www.jd-movies.com/allmenus.php

~Cat

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 20, 06:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you just get rid of the stalls, they were never meant to function on an ownable business lot.

IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 20, 08:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried that before I exited this last time and no change. I may reload from save and try to delete them before I try "go home" again. They were there before he bought the place, so I don't know if it will make any difference. Seems them just being there has done something. I'll keep you posted.

~Cat

kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 20, 11:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a functioning business with the food stands.

Never had this problem.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 20, 19:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking it's not the stands either. More likely it has to do with Paladin's Customer Limit Adjuster1. I was using it in debug mode and kept deleting people as errors kept popping up.

So anyway, I stood in the street, and yelling, "Outlander!" at the top of my lungs, nuked off-world loiterers with the Debugger and that did the trick. Mister Whipple was able to return to his adoring family after days and days away.

Oh, and by the way...
...they were never meant to...
Just a bit disturbed that the Mod God said this. Even though we proved (and parrot already knew) that the stalls do work on business lots, I would have thought you would see such a game limitation as a challenge, but then I don't know you, J.M.

1http://208.109.175.73/Sims_2_Customer_Limit_Adjuster.htm

~Cat

DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 21, 00:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When in doubt, Force Error... On All.  It has saved my sanity more times than I care to count.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 21, 00:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a bit disturbed that the Mod God said this. Even though we proved (and parrot already knew) that the stalls do work on business lots, I would have thought you would see such a game limitation as a challenge, but then I don't know you, J.M.
You're lucky if they work, then, because I've found them to be a tad unreliable.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: