More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 08:41:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  shiftable paintings - did I break them? how?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: shiftable paintings - did I break them? how?  (Read 3692 times)
gatopreto
Asinine Airhead

Yum, pudding!

View Profile
shiftable paintings - did I break them? how?
« on: 2009 August 18, 19:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a new computer, and installed all expansions/stuff packs except for Happy Holiday or whatever it was that gave us Christmas stuff.

After installing each of the expansions, I patched the game with the corresponding latest official patch released.

Now, I have to admit that in order to avoid securom issues I installed the games all in a row, never stopping to check if everything was ok, and after installing Mansion and Garden installed the latest no-cd patch from gamecopyword.

The only hacks / mods I put so far are Lord Darcy's bed and tub comfort fixes, CEP, the director's cut, and Gunmod's camera mod.

Shiftable paintings were a feature in AL, but my game seems to have forgotten about them - I simply do not get to have them! On buy mode, when I acquire a painting, next to the description I don't have any instructions on how to change the position of a painting up a wall, and [ctrl][A] or whatever it was just changes the camera's position.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I patch AL on top of M&G?

Help!
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: shiftable paintings - did I break them? how?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 18, 20:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You use the [ and ] to raise and lower paintings, not Ctrl A. I don't think Ctrl A is used for anything. Use [ when you want to raise it up, and ] when you want to lower the object.
gatopreto
Asinine Airhead

Yum, pudding!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 19, 06:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You use the [ and ] to raise and lower paintings, not Ctrl A. I don't think Ctrl A is used for anything. Use [ when you want to raise it up, and ] when you want to lower the object.

Hmmm... I'll have to check it when I get home tonight. I really hope it works, not so much because of the paintings but mostly for the lights and shelves.

Just to clarify - what country's keyboard are you using? I'm Portuguese living in Italy, so I had to buy an Italian computer and it came with an Italian keyboard, and those parenthesis do not feature there... On the other hand, and since I more often than not need to write in Portuguese, I set the computer to "think" it's getting its input from a Portuguese keyboard, in which those parenthesis are placed under keys 8 and 9 (and I need AltGr to access them).
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 19, 15:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I think I figured out how to shift paintings and light fixtures using the Portuguese-Portugal keyboard.
Use the two keys to the right of the 0 (zero) key. If your keyboard looks like this:
http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/help/guides/keyboards/italian.gif that means use the ? and ^ keyboard.
Whatever keyboard you have though, if it's using the Portuguese-Portugal setting found in Languages in the
Control Panel, then it will be the two keys to the right of 0. That's what shift paintings for me anyways using
the language bar>Portuguese (Portugal). 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: