More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:32:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The NRaas Orienter
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The NRaas Orienter  (Read 15317 times)
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The NRaas Orienter
« on: 2009 August 18, 03:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another request from Simbology.

THE MOD

This mod provides the user with new interactions to set the Gender Preference for a sim.

A new menu, "Gender Preference", has been added to all Ficus Plants in town.

Within it are three new interactions:

"Orient Me" : Shows the current orientation of the active sim, and allows you to change the value.

"Orient Other..." : Allows you to change the the orientation of any sim on the current lot.

"Version" : Displays the version of this mod.

INSTALLATION

In order to run this mod, you must have the modding Framework installed on your system.

Google: Delphy's Framework Install Monkey

WARNINGS

Ensure that you backup any save files prior to installation of this mod.  Even though the mod is very simple, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

THE FILES

http://www.4shared.com/file/125797293/150ec864/NRaas_Orienter.html

Have Fun. Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: The NRaas Orienter
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 18, 03:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh this is nice. Sometimes I want to set some of their gender preferences without having to manually make them all flirt tiresomely one by one. Tongue

Thanks.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
bluegenjutsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 18, 04:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for this new mod/object, twallan. I'm looking forward to trying it out.  Smiley
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 18, 12:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this work with the Pollinator?

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 18, 15:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this work with the Pollinator?

Yes, you'll receive both sets of interactions on every Ficus plant.

Cheers. Smiley
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 19, 11:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works well. Do you casually know what are the extreme numbers for gender preference? I mean in TS2 they were about -1000 to +1000 I think. I was not sure in TS3 so I used -100 to +100 just to be on the safe side.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 19, 12:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works well. Do you casually know what are the extreme numbers for gender preference? I mean in TS2 they were about -1000 to +1000 I think. I was not sure in TS3 so I used -100 to +100 just to be on the safe side.
I think you can go as high as 9999, I wouldn't take it over 4 digits though.  For testing purposes I have one sim at +1999 and -1999.  When the game sets up the prefrences, the range is quite drastic, I was surprised.  It's usually around +1020 and -1020.  I use the Neighborhood Workshop to check these numbers.

twallan, I want to thank you for this mod, it does help keep the preferences in a more realistic range.  I might want to have a sim want only a slight preference to see what happens and since the game does set up such a large spread between positive and negative, I like using this mod to tone things down in my game.  Thank you very much! Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 August 19, 12:44:52 by Lady Moiraine » Logged

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 19, 14:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My one gay sim showed as +176 for male and -88 for female. He has done no romantic opposite-sex interactions. I'm wondering why the male was exactly twice the female number.

In other NRaas news, I love the option on the computer to select the orientation so I can just invite the ones over I want, or just the ones I want to change around a bit. Combining these two objects has made my neighborhood much more diverse.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 19, 14:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My one gay sim showed as +176 for male and -88 for female. He has done no romantic opposite-sex interactions. I'm wondering why the male was exactly twice the female number.
This happens because every time a sim interacts romantically with another sim, his preferences are altered by +2/-1. Therefore, with no interactions with another sex, he will constantly receive +2/-1 without variation.

I think you can go as high as 9999, I wouldn't take it over 4 digits though.
It's a 32-bit signed value. It ranges out to about 2 billion. It completely ceases to matter after about the high 3-digits, though, and the game only checks for positive or negative. Once you get it up to the mid-triples, it will essentially take an Act of God to change it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bluegenjutsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 19, 17:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you send your sim anywhere in town, you can click the button that allows you to go to your sim's house (while your sim is still in town) and then click on the fiscus plant and choose gender preference and it will give you a menu of all the sims that are in the same area as your sim and you can edit the gender preferences of all sims in that area. This will save you time from having to invite them to your house and doing it one by one. The tree does not need to be where your sim goes.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 19, 17:35:53 by bluegenjutsu » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 19, 18:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a button for that? I've just been going into buy mode to center my camera view back on the house, since I can't seem to remember where my sims live half the time, lol.

INFP or something
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 19, 18:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a button for that? I've just been going into buy mode to center my camera view back on the house, since I can't seem to remember where my sims live half the time, lol.
Look to the right of the camera controls, there is a small house icon. That took me a good month of game play to find.
bluegenjutsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 19, 20:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look to the right of the camera controls, there is a small house icon. That took me a good month of game play to find.

Yep, that's it. It took me awhile to notice that button and what it did, too.  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: