More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 13:48:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: questions  (Read 10355 times)
cajuncayenne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
questions
« on: 2009 August 15, 04:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the monkey installer and I have all the patches. I went to the configuration tool and picked what I wanted. I even looked at the manual to make sure I was getting what I wanted. I put the mod in hacks which is in the packages folder. I start my game and the stupid blur is there. Am I missing something simple?
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
Re: questions
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 15, 04:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you download the Awesomemod and the Config? You need both.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 15, 04:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you're using AwesomeMod to remove the mosaic, it won't disappear whenever someone pees. I think this is explained in the manual. It will only disappear whenever your sim is actually naked. They don't take their clothes off to pee.
cajuncayenne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 15, 10:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want them to be naked in the bath etc. I don't think I did download the mod and the config choices. I just pushed the link to the tool and made my choices. I thought it was something simple on my part.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 15, 11:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the monkey installer and I have all the patches. I went to the configuration tool and picked what I wanted. I even looked at the manual to make sure I was getting what I wanted. I put the mod in hacks which is in the packages folder. I start my game and the stupid blur is there. Am I missing something simple?

Having folders within the Packages folder doesn't work for me. So usually whenever I put core mods (not tuning mods, far as I know) into those folders, they don't appear in-game. I suggest placing them outside Monkey's pre-made folder and see if that works.

cajuncayenne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 15, 12:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will try that because it is still not working. The grating thing is that the blur was gone before the stupid patching took place. The blur was gone even when going to the bathroom.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 15, 14:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you download the Awesomemod and the Config? You need both.

Well you don't need the config per say but most people will want it since without it everything runs on the default settings.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
cajuncayenne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 15, 15:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded both and deleted the cache and put the downloads into hacks- it didn't work. I then moved it outside the mod package and deleted the cache-still didn't work. Not sure what I'm missing.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 15, 16:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want them to be naked in the bath etc. I don't think I did download the mod and the config choices. I just pushed the link to the tool and made my choices. I thought it was something simple on my part.

That config creates a new file, the aweconf.package. Depending on what browser you are using and what settings you may or may not be prompted to browse for the directory you want to download that file into. It may just get saved to whatever default directory downloads are saved to.

If you don't have aweconf.package in the same directory as awesome.package then you aren't getting the config settings you chose, including the removal of the censor blur, just the defaults.

Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 15, 16:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having folders within the Packages folder doesn't work for me.

That's usually a good indicator, that your Resource.cfg either isn't set up correctly or resides in the wrong folder.
I have 10 folders under C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\. The only .package files not in folders are awesome.package, aweconf.package and IndieStoneMod.package.

Resource.cfg is supposed to be in
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
and here it looks like that:
Code:
Priority 501
PackedFile Mods/Override/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Override/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Override/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Override/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*.package

This way it should handle 3 layers of sub directories (more than I will ever need).
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 15, 17:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded both and deleted the cache and put the downloads into hacks- it didn't work. I then moved it outside the mod package and deleted the cache-still didn't work. Not sure what I'm missing.

No, don't move it outside the Mods folder. Just the Hacks. Should be in Mods/Packages.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 15, 17:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having folders within the Packages folder doesn't work for me.

That's usually a good indicator, that your Resource.cfg either isn't set up correctly or resides in the wrong folder.
I have 10 folders under C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\. The only .package files not in folders are awesome.package, aweconf.package and IndieStoneMod.package.

Resource.cfg is supposed to be in
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
and here it looks like that:
Code:
Priority 501
PackedFile Mods/Override/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Override/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Override/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Override/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Test/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*/*/*/*.package

This way it should handle 3 layers of sub directories (more than I will ever need).

My Resource.cfg is in the correct location. I only mentioned that core mods don't work for me within folder layers. I have a folder for textured default replacements of female hair and that seems to appear in-game.

In my folder, AM and its config are in Program Files/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods/Packages. Monkey adds four new folders to the Packages folder: Hacks, Patterns, Skins, and Misc. AM will work outside these folders and just in the Packages.
cajuncayenne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 15, 18:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure why its not working. I checked the resource thing(its in the right place) and I've moved the files around (in hacks, just in packages etc). I even took the config out and had just the mod. I delete the cache everytime I change but still no go. Its a mystery.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 15, 18:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Resource.cfg is in the correct location.

(...)

AM will work outside these folders and just in the Packages.

What's the content of your Resource.cfg? It's weird that, if it contains a path for subfolders, AM doesn't work.

ETA: If the Resource.cfg is in the correct place, that is cool and everything, but it's really important to know what is its content: moving things around at random does nothing if you don't know what's written in your Resource.cfg.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 15, 18:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure why its not working. I checked the resource thing(its in the right place) and I've moved the files around (in hacks, just in packages etc). I even took the config out and had just the mod. I delete the cache everytime I change but still no go. Its a mystery.

What's not working, Awesomemod in general or just the blur removal?

If the latter, very obvious and stupid question but I will ask it anyway Tongue you definitely have the censorblur removal settings enabled for both male and female in the awesomeconfig, correct?

You are looking at them in the shower and not while on the toilet for the blur to be removed but it's still showing?

IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 16, 04:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at the Framework file that I got from MATY again today and I noticed that there are actually two copies of Resouce.cfg included in it, the usual one that goes in the game directory, and another that goes in Mods/Files.  I opened both with a text editor and they seemed to be identical.  Are both necessary for AwesomeMod?  I don't remember whether Delphy's Monkey installs the second copy, but the directions on MTS3 definitely do not tell you to put a second copy in Mods/Files.

BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 17, 06:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The resource.cfg in the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin directory is the one EA installs and will be very different than the one in the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 directory.  If you have one in the mods directory also, it's unnecessary, though it probably won't hurt anything.  Also, make sure that you have d3dx9_31.dll in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.  The installer monkey should have set that up.  Then make sure that awesome.package (not awesome.zip) is somewhere in your mods directory.  Anywhere will do.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 17, 06:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked at the Framework file that I got from MATY again today and I noticed that there are actually two copies of Resouce.cfg included in it, the usual one that goes in the game directory, and another that goes in Mods/Files.  I opened both with a text editor and they seemed to be identical.  Are both necessary for AwesomeMod?  I don't remember whether Delphy's Monkey installs the second copy, but the directions on MTS3 definitely do not tell you to put a second copy in Mods/Files.

I don't know why there's one in mods/files, but I have one there too. It doesn't seem to be hurting anything, right? I just leave it alone. If it does nothing, it does nothing.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 17, 08:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you go back to the start zero and reinstall the monkey installer. I use the config structure installed by the monkey install, there is, mods/4 folders Hacks, misc, patterns, skins. I place all mods including AM in the folder Hacks, hairs in misc, skin replacements in skin and have nothing in patterns (didn't make or downloaded any).
Everything works and always worked.

Would wish that folk didn't start thread anonimous like (question ... , Help me ..., etc).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: