More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 02:29:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  help please?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: help please?  (Read 12559 times)
MichaelMurphree
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
help please?
« on: 2009 August 14, 17:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok what am i doing wrong? i am new to this.   i downloaded AwesomeMod and both Delphy's Framework Install Monkey For Dummies and framework.zip.

unpacked framework as per instructions and installed install monkey as well. used the monkey first.  as far as I can tell, it is installed correctly, the .package is in the mods/packages directory and i deleted scriptcache.package.

however, i see no signs that the mod is actually in the game.  i have checked the options while in game and they are just vanilla TS3 otions.  what should i do? please help me.
snapzit
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: help please?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 14, 17:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you download and set the configuration tool? Go back to the AwesomeMod page and get that, then read the rest of the thread to see how the mod works and what it does. Then go read the bug thread, then read everything else pertaining to the particular problem you are having. Use the search function to get more specifics. Play a little. Have a cool beverage. Take your time.

After you have done all those things, come back with proper capitalization, spelling, grammar and punctuation. Have a nice day. Smiley

Perfected the golf clap here.

ENTP
MichaelMurphree
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 14, 18:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Place in TS3/Mods/Packages. Requires Hack Framework. did that
Install optional configuration package.  did that
Delete the file MYDOCU~1/ELECTR~1/THESIM~1/scriptcache.package.  did that

As i previously mentioned, i can not get this to work anywhere.  I followed the install instructions, so it shoul work, right?  At least, that is how i work my readmes.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 14, 18:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no little sign that pops up to tell you that the mod is installed (there is one that pops up to tell you it is out of date).

What indication do you have that the mod is not working in your game?  Update your config.package settings by including Supreme Commander.  When you click on your sim, you should then get the Supreme Commander options, if the mod is working.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 14, 18:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no little sign that pops up to tell you that the mod is installed (there is one that pops up to tell you it is out of date).

What indication do you have that the mod is not working in your game?  Update your config.package settings by including Supreme Commander.  When you click on your sim, you should then get the Supreme Commander options, if the mod is working.
Actually, there is an easier way, without enabling Sup Com: simply Ctrl+click on any sim not in your active household and you should see options to "make sacred" and "select sim".  Alternatively, you could try presing Ctrl+Shift+C and typing "showconfig" then hitting enter.

edited to remove incorrect space.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 18:24:51 by Gastfyr » Logged

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 14, 18:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure it's showconfig with no space. Otherwise it won't work.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
MichaelMurphree
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 14, 18:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok so i included supreme commander in the .package and didnt see anything new when clicking on my sim. same goes for ctrl+click not living with me.  curiously, i also cannont type "showconfig"  it says it is an unknown command.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 14, 20:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you didn't configure the mod to get special options you are looking for. Go back to the download page and you will see:

For those wishing to pick and choose features, you can use the online AwesomeMod Configuration Tool.
Or you can hack the XML yourself. Up to you.

Click the underlined AwesomeMod Configuration Tool (didn't want to give the direct link here cause mine is set in cookies), it will take you to More Stupid Than You. That is where you enable or disable what you want in the mod.

Also you need to RTFM so you will know each feature's description. Okay? I think someone tried to tell you this already.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 14, 21:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok so i included supreme commander in the .package and didnt see anything new when clicking on my sim. same goes for ctrl+click not living with me.  curiously, i also cannont type "showconfig"  it says it is an unknown command.

As far as I know, this means that you haven't installed AwesomeMod correctly; possibly you haven't installed the framework correctly.  I wouldn't worry about your AM configuration until you can get a reasonable response from showconfig:

Sounds like you didn't configure the mod to get special options you are looking for. Go back to the download page
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 21:13:03 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 14, 23:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Mootilda, I don't think you have installed it correctly. First of all, if you use Delphy's Monkey installer, you do NOT need the Framework file. It's my understanding that they do the same things. Secondly, when I installed the Monky Installer, it installed xml files just fine by double clicking on them, but it would not install Awesome Mod by double-clicking. So I had to manually drag and drop it into the correct folder.

After I did that, I still couldn't get it to work either. But then I finally figured out I was installing it to the My Documents/Electronic Arts folder. Custom content doesn't get installed there in Sims 3. What platform are you using? Mac, Windows XP, Vista? Depending on which you are using, you mayl find the correct file in differently. I think for most people it goes into your Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder, but NOT the My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder. So make sure you check that, too.
MichaelMurphree
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 14, 23:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

to Tangie:

I put the .package in the Sims 3 directory under program files.  where it installs.  i use Windows Vista.  originally, i just made a mods/packages directory, which didnt work.  so i deleted that and did monkey installer, which didnt seem to work.  so i uninstalled and added framework, which did not help.  I do not know why this is not working.  i am following the given instructions.

Everyone who feels the need to be insulting:
Congrats on telling me the basic things I did before I had the problem.  I read the manual, i did the custom options, too.  the problem i am having is that is not installing correctly for whatever reason.  I figured the people on the forum corresponding to the damn mod could give some insight to this problem.  forgive me for thinking too highly of you.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 15, 00:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter has Vista, and she had to use the TS3InstallHelperUAC.rar.   Maybe that will help you, too.

[edited to add link] http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 15, 00:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you write it as "mods/packages"? Because it's case sensitive, as I recall. Try "Mods/Packages" and see if that helps. Minus the quote marks, of course.
snapzit
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 15, 00:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get rid of all the stuff you have downloaded (either put it somewhere else, or delete it) and start fresh. Go back and download the Helper Monkey at MTS. Install it per instructions located on that site.

In Vista, when you download AwesomeMod it will save the file in your downloads. Open the downloads file and drag and drop the AwesomeMod file onto your desktop. Right click on the zip, rar, or whatever other file compressor you are using. It will ask questions like "extract to..."

Select "here". This extracts the file onto your desktop. If you have properly installed the Helper Monkey, you can now simply double left click on the extracted Awesome file (it will have the little monkey face) and it WILL install to the proper directory. You will also have to download and install the configuration tool so you can set the options you want the mod to do in your game. You will also note there is another text file called RTFM. Do it.

Perfected the golf clap here.

ENTP
MichaelMurphree
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 15, 05:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My daughter has Vista, and she had to use the TS3InstallHelperUAC.rar.   Maybe that will help you, too.

and the problem is solved.  i actually forgot there was a second file.  thanks for bringing that up.  after downloading that, i did everything as i had done it before, and it worked.  strange that putting both the files provided in a Mods/Packages file wouldnt work, but oh well.  thank you for your help.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 15, 05:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAY!!!!!!!!!  I'm glad it worked for you!!   Grin
IreneDAdler
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 15, 05:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and the problem is solved.  i actually forgot there was a second file.  thanks for bringing that up.  after downloading that, i did everything as i had done it before, and it worked.  strange that putting both the files provided in a Mods/Packages file wouldnt work, but oh well.  thank you for your help.
That sounds like the dll file that is needed for the Framework didn't install correctly the first time.  Without that file, the game completely ignores what's in the Mods/Packages folder.

DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 15, 05:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vista seems to be more problematic/iffy/particular than XP. I don't think (but am not sure) t is as simple as a .dll file...
There is a reason Delphy made 2 files.

I believe we should just be thankfull; just as we are when Pescado modifies his AM...
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 15, 17:03:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That has nothing to do with not "installed correctly the first time". The TS3InstallHelperUAC.rar just takes note (and handles) Vistas security system that doesn't allow just everyone to read/write everywhere. Vista != XP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: