More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 01:35:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Quick way of changing style on multiple objects?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Quick way of changing style on multiple objects?  (Read 4707 times)
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Quick way of changing style on multiple objects?
« on: 2009 August 14, 12:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm customising some houses I've downloaded, including changing the colour of windows etc. I was wondering if there's a way to change the style on ALL windows (of the same type) at once, because going in and changing them manually one by one is a damn slog. Even dragging the style one by one to 20+ windows takes frikkin ages.

I know you can bulldoze things by type (fence, objects, etc), so maybe there's something like this for create a style too?
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
Re: Quick way of changing style on multiple objects?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 14, 15:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm customising some houses I've downloaded, including changing the colour of windows etc. I was wondering if there's a way to change the style on ALL windows (of the same type) at once, because going in and changing them manually one by one is a damn slog. Even dragging the style one by one to 20+ windows takes frikkin ages.

I know you can bulldoze things by type (fence, objects, etc), so maybe there's something like this for create a style too?

Shame on you, Jordi.

I'm fairly certain that dragging the texture tool is the fastest way to do it unless you create a saved style and then use the eyedropper to clone it.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 14, 17:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I do know about dragging the entire style, and as I stated earlier, doing it that way still takes ages. But if that's the fastest way of doing it, so be it I guess  Undecided
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 14, 18:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I can suggest is, make one of whatever you need with a custom style (door, window, furniture, whatever), and then use the eyedropper tool to clone it (along with said style).

Of course, you may already know that. And you may need to create 20 unique objects, all with the same style. Other than that, yeah. Nothing. It's annoying as hell.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 15, 09:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the Base Game, folks - just the damn Base Game. Much will change in the course of the next 4 years that will make all of you changing the hell out of the Base Game to spend every interval between EPs, surfing around just to update the crap you fed the BASE GAME.
cheesetastic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 16, 01:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fastest way to do it is to start out with no windows. Then make one, change it to the color/texture you want and use the eyedropper on it after you placed it to make the rest of them. You don't have to save or drag anything.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 16, 06:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the Base Game, folks - just the damn Base Game. Much will change in the course of the next 4 years that will make all of you changing the hell out of the Base Game to spend every interval between EPs, surfing around just to update the crap you fed the BASE GAME.
You picked an odd threat to make that point in, considering that none of the suggestions above require anything that's not in the base game.  Huh
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 16, 09:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And in context to the topic that is probably going to mean we have to wait for at least 2 years for a "style pickup tool" to easily change the style of multiple objects like windows and counters and chairs... and it's possibly going to take even longer to re-invent the height adjustment for paintings etc... not to mention they'll have dropped it all again when TS4 gets released...
Raicuparta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 16, 11:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really feel like timing every thing the game does, so I'll just show my specs:
Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz
ATI Radeon HD 3650 (AGP)
2GB RAM DDR2

Have the game completely maxed out, except for the high quality houses, it is set to 4. The game runs well, playable FPS, don't really knw the number, but at least for me it runs perfectly, it only hangs when going to the neighbourhood view.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: