More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 05:00:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  More Fun Activities For Sims 3 - Updated September 8th
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Fun Activities For Sims 3 - Updated September 8th  (Read 44005 times)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: More Fun Activities For Sims 3
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 19, 18:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edalbformat, I think I'd need a degree in WTF to understand what the hell you are trying to say in your post.

edtied to correct the transposing of letters in "understand".
« Last Edit: 2009 August 19, 20:32:51 by Gastfyr » Logged

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 19, 18:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just avoided the more fun for reading books because the advertisement for books are far too strong for my taste.
This made me lol. 
lol.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 19, 18:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, who is being called "boy" here? A, that's rather condescending and dismissive, and b, if it's me, I have a pair of genuine 100% real titties annoying the crap out of me daily, I should at least be recognized as female for it.

INFP or something
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 19, 19:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very amused.  Grin

I have one more project in the works to do. It's just one activity that I was looking into to do. When will I release it? I'm not sure yet when, but it is one thing I wanted from Sims 2 that's missing in Sims 3. My angry Sims has nothing to do until then.  Undecided

Do you guys think jumping on beds will be a fun activity to do for kids and childish adults?

Sorry about the books, edalbformat. I liked books in real life and wanted my Sims to have as much fun reading them.

And for beds, that is an interesting discussion about the .xml files to find. Has anyone figured out exactly what DMTR files really really do?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 19, 20:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you guys think jumping on beds will be a fun activity to do for kids and childish adults?
Yeah!  ...as long as it doesn't get kids taken away by socail services like it did in TS2 Seasons.  Tongue

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Aliera
Asinine Airhead

Little Angel

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 19, 20:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just avoided the more fun for reading books because the advertisement for books are far too strong for my taste.
This made me lol.  
lol.

Grin Grin Grin Grin  lol
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 19, 20:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The kids got taken away after they jumped on the beds in Sims 2 because they got "too hot". And rather quick too if I remembered...

Shouldn't be a problem because there is no weather system or a heating/cooling system in Sims 3. It's just like Sims 2 all over again without the weather or consequences if the Sims got too hot or cold.

I'll see what I can do about that and locate any more fun activities that haven't been included for use.

**Edited**

More fun activities are added to give players a wider range of things they can choose from that they want their Sims to have fun doing.

The following activities are:

Jump On Bed
Do Homework
Do Homework With
Blog On Computer
Make Inappropriate Post On Forums
Troll On Forums
Smash Dollhouse
Tinkering
Overlock Computer
Research New Stock On Computer
Run Forensic Analysis On Computer
Sabotage Electronic Objects
Work From Home
Check For Forum Responses

More details are on the first post of this thread. The new activities are packaged as More Fun Activities - Sims 3 - Pack 3.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 02:29:06 by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
rahlink
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: More Fun Activities For Sims 3 - Updated August 21st
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 28, 18:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just what the game needed...
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Re: More Fun Activities For Sims 3 - Updated September 8th
« Reply #33 on: 2009 September 08, 19:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New stuff added. Some of the interactions were by request from another site, and I included some that I overlooked previously. AND, I did the Social motives with some of the interactions that I thought should boost Social with other Sims.

Interactions:

Rummage Through Trashcan Outdoors
Collect Rocks
Hang Out With Sim - * Social motive fixed. It was 0 by EA default *
Interview Sim - * Social and Fun motive boosts were added *
Scare Sim - * EA default was 0 *
Write Report On Computer - * Fun motive added *
Protest City Hall - * Social motive boost added and Fun motive boost increased *

SPECIAL NOTE:

These interactions originally did not contain either or both Fun and Social motive boosts, making the interactions less sociable or fun for Sims. Interviewing people should be considered as a social activity for most people who like to do these interviews in real life. I guess EA is anti-social, or maybe their dev team is anti-social. Hanging out with people should be a FUN activity as well a socially acceptable gathering at most colleges. I hung out with my friends while I was in college and had fun doing that. So should our Sims!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 September 09, 06:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess EA is anti-social, or maybe their dev team is anti-social. Hanging out with people should be a FUN activity as well a socially acceptable gathering at most colleges. I hung out with my friends while I was in college and had fun doing that. So should our Sims!
You're asking a bunch of computer programmers whether hanging out with people is fun? Of course it's not FUN! It's annoying and takes us away from important things we should be doing, like WORKING.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 September 09, 07:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many activities in Sims 3 actually boost Fun and/or Social motives? Not very many activities do that. Might as well make something useful for those like teens to find it fun to hang out with their friends. I know some people don't think it was fun to hang out with other people. It's a matter of personal choice to work or to have fun or have both.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 September 09, 07:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Write report and interview sim don't sound like fun to me, as these interviews are actually work. Interviewing should increase social, though. Also, homework. Homework, realistically, should be an unending misery which takes the majority of the sim child's spare time, drains the ENTIRE fun bar, and prevents teen sims from getting actual SLEEP until the weekend if they also have a job. Unless the school is in fantasy fun land, and only serves to babysit the kids for most of the day while teaching them nothing. I like that your mod makes a lot of activities fun that normally should be fun, but work is called work for a reason.

Maybe you could make it so loner sims dislike hanging out? Although that might already be the case; I haven't played any of them.

Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 September 10, 05:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You gave me an idea, Ellatrue and Pescado, for a few activities that should be considered work. Can you give me a list of activities beside homework you want to see the Fun motive be drained from and make the Sims work harder to deserve what they have coming toward them?

I can make something to drain Fun if you like once I am done with a new mod I'm doing for Sims 2.

CaptaiNemo
Asinine Airhead

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 September 16, 16:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know some people don't think it was fun to hang out with other people.
I believe almost all the things on your list that now give more fun are VERY dependent on a person's (sim's) personality (read "traits"). I'm sure an athletic sim will enjoy the hell out of going jogging, while one that is either not athletic or has a low sports skill or a lot of weight will not.
Playing chess is most likely fun for those who are already somewhat good at it or a genius, while for "normal" people it might be the most boring game ever (read "drains fun!!!"). Same for tinkering, hacking, swimming, doing homework, working from home, etc. etc.
Flirting is surely a bit fun for normal sims, VERY fun for flirty sims and very unfun for nonflirty sims.
Reading a skill book is probably quite fun for a sim who is into learning while it's an undesired chore for everyone else who'd rather be ..uh.. exploring mausoleums or whatever catches his or her fancy.
I could even picture woohooing to be unfun for a "never nude" sim Wink or maybe a loner ("ah, not again! leave me alone, why did I ever agree to marry!" *drain drain*).

I hope you get my point here - I think in most cases it should really depend on a sim's traits whether the activity raises fun or drains it. If that is taken into consideration, I think this is definitely a very nice mod.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 October 02, 17:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My simmies are most grateful to you, Chaavik.  They're also curious as to why dancing together is no fun...?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: