More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:12:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Is this for real?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this for real?  (Read 15905 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Is this for real?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 14, 01:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, a search on the only word "expire" would give you more than enough informations about the issue you felt the need to make a new thread about.

I would not be suprised AT ALL if you also were ready to report bugs about old versions as well, and in new threads too, as well.

Hint?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 14, 09:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, a crack for a mod, that's rich. As long as you don't enable features that explicitly say EXPERIMENTAL there's no reason not to update.
If you're enabling experimental features, you DEFINITELY want to update, because experimental features are the ones which get the most updating, likely because experimenting found a fatal bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 14, 18:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, a crack for a mod, that's rich. As long as you don't enable features that explicitly say EXPERIMENTAL there's no reason not to update.
If you're enabling experimental features, you DEFINITELY want to update, because experimental features are the ones which get the most updating, likely because experimenting found a fatal bug.

Hehe, true. I think the wording I meant was more along the lines of if your not using features explicitly tagged as EXPERIMENTAL you may not need to update, but there's no reason not to. Or at least that wording makes a lot more sense.

EDIT: Though there have been some features which, while marked EXPERIMENTAL, may have not worked perfectly but later updates have made them more broken before another release fixed them to be less broken. The storymode is a good example of it. If you find a version that works fine, you may not want to update at the risk of certain fixes causing other things to break, but since it's beta if your using experimental features you really should have to update so as to find and report additional bugs.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 14, 23:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is incorrect. The enablescripterror package was originally designed by RICK. Because it modifies a lower-level DLL, SimIFace, which AwesomeMod did not and presently does not modify, it is not intrinsically incompatible and both were used to debug issues in the past. However, the version currently in circulation is believed to be the Old Version, pre-1.3, that is reported to cause issues and malfunctions in the post-1.3 game. Because it is a third-party product, we do not support it here. It is possible to update it to 1.3, but this would serve no real purpose as it has been superceded by the Flagrant System Error, and the remaining functionality is only of interest to modders.

And yet I continue to see a large number of extremely NON technically inclined people using it in spite of Rick explicitly telling them it is meant for debugging purposes only and not for the average end user.

Which just goes to show that if you put a shiny out there tards will use it even if they don't know what the hell it does or why they are using it. They will get it and use it just because. 'Oh someone posted something. Must download! Mmmmm brains'.

What else is new?  Kind of like the million and one posts asking about the expiry dates on AM, or why the latest AM version crashes their unpatched games, etc.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: