More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 06:56:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Weird buggedy thing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird buggedy thing  (Read 6801 times)
rooster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Weird buggedy thing
« on: 2009 August 14, 11:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i saved my game last night and it was all working fine but this morning all my sims are stuck in the same interaction they were doing non stop. Im not sure whether or not this is awesome mods doing but i put it i here just in case. The post boy keeps putting down papers non stop and complaining about 50 times a second at the side, my adult sims are stuck in bed, the babysitter and a guest cant stop chatting and the toddlers cant leave their peg box. i tried moving the sims with moveobjects on, tried using fixall, tried using enabledebuginteractions to move them out and back in,but whatever i tried short of permanently killing them wouldnt work.
squidge
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Weird buggedy thing
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 14, 12:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the exact same issue after upgrading the the newest build of AM.
I doubt this has anything to do with AM, but just in case it has, I've also lost my build and buy mode musics.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 14, 12:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i saved my game last night and it was all working fine but this morning all my sims are stuck in the same interaction they were doing non stop. Im not sure whether or not this is awesome mods doing but i put it i here just in case. The post boy keeps putting down papers non stop and complaining about 50 times a second at the side, my adult sims are stuck in bed, the babysitter and a guest cant stop chatting and the toddlers cant leave their peg box. i tried moving the sims with moveobjects on, tried using fixall, tried using enabledebuginteractions to move them out and back in,but whatever i tried short of permanently killing them wouldnt work.
I'm having the exact same issue after upgrading the the newest build of AM.
I doubt this has anything to do with AM, but just in case it has, I've also lost my build and buy mode musics.
There was a problem with the download links last night.  Try downloading again and make sure you get the latest version according to the date stamp on the config page.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
rooster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 14, 12:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i downloaded it about 1 hour ago though so 12pm gmt

Edit: and squidge im not mssing any music its still in build/buy

Edit 2: Just in case anything to do with the save i uploaded it http://www.mediafire.com/?4mmzydjq2dj
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 14, 12:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The time you downloaded it is not what I meant.  When you opened the archive and saw the package file, it is the date & time stamp of the actual file (which would be when Pescado created it)  When I was finally able to get the most recent version, it said 08-14-09 at 1:50 AM.

rooster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 14, 12:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okayyyy...... that doesn't mean much to me Sad this morning i configured awesome mod downloaded latest and put both package files in

c/programfiles/electronicarts/sims3/mods/packages
startspring
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 14, 12:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same problem here. The clock kept ticking in game but all of my sims was stuck with what they were doing (one of them sitting on the toilet, peeing forever Tongue). Happened after updating awesome. I removed it and everything went back to normal.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 14, 12:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you download AwesomeMod, it is in a RAR file that you have to unzip.  When you unzip it you get the AwesomeMod package file and the RTFM.  There is usually a date and time to the right of the file name.  That's the date & time stamp of the actual file.  A lot of people had a problem and it went on for awhile.  Apparently, someone moved one of the servers and broke part of it, per Pescado.

See the thread "Download Links Not Working".

rooster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 14, 12:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does it hurt if i tell you ive never bothered unzip the rar file ad just straight off moved it  Undecided

EDIT:  thanks coconnor one of the talking sims just broke off the conversation!!!!! i checked all the awesomemods ive downloaded in the past hour and found one with the right time stamp
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 13:01:06 by rooster » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 14, 15:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does it hurt if i tell you ive never bothered unzip the rar file ad just straight off moved it  Undecided

...then you don't have awesomemod, you have a random rar in a folder which is likely being ignored. Fail.

INFP or something
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 14, 17:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep same problem for me.  Every sim is stuck in the last interactions and there's no way to get them to stop.  I even tried resetting them.  I downloaded the new AM this morning, and I DO know how to decompress the file.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 14, 20:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep same problem for me.  Every sim is stuck in the last interactions and there's no way to get them to stop.  I even tried resetting them.  I downloaded the new AM this morning, and I DO know how to decompress the file.

It was probably still bugged when you downloaded it, depending on your time zone and definition of "morning". Try grabbing it again, right now.

INFP or something
Paularius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 15, 03:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im having the exact same problem.
Game was working fine earlier. I disided i'd try and see if the new patch fixes for story mode were any good so i removed AM and this is the problem i had. I just downloaded the new AM and it hasnt fixed it.
The date on the new AM is 14/08/2009 16:33. The time here is GMT. Downloaded half an hour ago.
Im not sure if its AM that causes it but it only happened after i removed the old one i have.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: