More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:54:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The NRaas Standalone WorkPusher
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The NRaas Standalone WorkPusher  (Read 21748 times)
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
The NRaas Standalone WorkPusher
« on: 2009 August 13, 03:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redirect to the new hosting service for the NRaas mods.

http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showforum=215

Version 4 :

Adds the kPushActive XML tuning value

Have fun. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 September 05, 02:07:37 by twallan » Logged
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: The NRaas Standalone WorkPusher
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 13, 08:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Awesomemod but I don't use SupCom.  I often get the popups telling me Awesomod is trying to kick a certain sim's ass to work, several times for the same sim in the same day.  Apparently they are extremely good at getting lost along the way.  Since I don't use SupCom, would this mod work alongside Awesomemod or conflict with it?  I really want my inactives to get thier asses to work and school (preferably on time) but I don't want to have to micro-manage them.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 13, 15:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Awesomemod but I don't use SupCom.  I often get the popups telling me Awesomod is trying to kick a certain sim's ass to work, several times for the same sim in the same day.  Apparently they are extremely good at getting lost along the way.  Since I don't use SupCom, would this mod work alongside Awesomemod or conflict with it?  I really want my inactives to get thier asses to work and school (preferably on time) but I don't want to have to micro-manage them.

I used it with AwesomeMod last night, and they appeared to play well together.  It may even work with your sims on SC, I simply haven't tested it, as I don't use that functionality myself.

Does this work for NPCs as well? Awesomemod seems to send most of them to work at time, but occasionally I run into a Sim who should be inside his job or school rabbithole on comm lots.

If by NPC you are referring to the inactive sims in town, then yes, the process resync's and pushes every sim in town (except the Service NPCs such as the maids, paperboys, etc.  Those run on a different system.).

----

If you find, with the debugging messages on, that there is one particular sim continuously being pushed to work, it may be a good idea to select him and find out what the heck he seems to find more interesting than working. Smiley

Good Day. Smiley
TrueLou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 13, 17:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really appreciate this Twallan, thank you so much. I will give it a go on my broken hood, and see if it has the desired effect on my lazy slacker sims. Fingers crossed  Grin
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 13, 18:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use AM but not SupCom, would this mod be useful then?
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 13, 18:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use AM but not SupCom, would this mod be useful then?

The HoursUntilWork resyncing portion of this mod was integrated into AwesomeMod awhile ago.

However if your sim bounces on the EAxian "GoToWork" push, this mod will push them again.

It's up to you to determine whether it will benefit your town.  Install the mod, turn the Verbose messages on and run it for a sim week.  If the Work Pusher doesn't display any messages, then it found no sims that required pushing, and you probably don't need it.

Cheers. Smiley
TrueLou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 13, 19:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update:It does the trick. Awesomemod was catching some of them, but this mod catches all of them. As I originally suspected the alarms have failed for the entire hood, as Monday morning 10am the list of sims pushed to work/school was so long it fell off the screen! I would love to know what is causing this mass failure in the first place, as Varmint suggested in another thread, it is defo related to the '1 hour till work' popup that normally appears in the active household, as once this stops firing the lag I used to get at 8am completely ceases, which is nice, but not when the consequences are that everyone's picnicking at the park or dossing about in front of the book store, lazy sons of bitches. They now have no escape...HAHAHA!
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 13, 19:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallan to the rescue again. First the limos, now this. I've been ranting and spreading my conspiracy theories about inactive households and work/school attendance for weeks now, and after a one-sim-week test run, as suggested, this has restored a proper work ethic to my neighborhood. Debug messages show it's having to slap just about every sim in the neighborhood. It hasn't restored the 'hour until' alarms -- as my neighborhoods age, this gradually disappears, and that's when the inactives decide to stop attending work/school autonomously. So I still wonder what the hell is up with that, but this mod is a much-appreciated corrective measure. I'm also running it with Awesomemod and can confirm that they appear to play fine together.

Er, on preview, pretty much what TrueLou said, thanks for nagging twallan to create this.   Tongue
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 13, 21:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you find, with the debugging messages on, that there is one particular sim continuously being pushed to work, it may be a good idea to select him and find out what the heck he seems to find more interesting than working. Smiley
Well, in my exprience, Gunther Goth finds passing out on the curb by the gym far more interesting than working.  And that Alvi guy pretty much just stands on the curb by his house, rubbing his nose or whatever idle annimation.  Gunther at least had the excuse that he was desparately tired (presumably from working out all night instead of sleeping), but the Alvi guy's meters were all fine.

I've downloaded this WorkPusher and I'm excited to try it in game.   Cheesy

twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 13, 23:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debug messages show it's having to slap just about every sim in the neighborhood. It hasn't restored the 'hour until' alarms -- as my neighborhoods age, this gradually disappears, and that's when the inactives decide to stop attending work/school autonomously. So I still wonder what the hell is up with that, but this mod is a much-appreciated corrective measure. I'm also running it with Awesomemod and can confirm that they appear to play fine together.

From personal experience, the work bounce was a symptom of the CarLimo slowdown.  The CarLimo's took up so much of the Simulators processing time, the system simply didn't make it around to processing the sims quickly enough.  And as the sims got further and further behind, they simply stopped responding properly to the various alarms.

If you are still encountering the error, even with the CarLimos cleaned up sim-nightly, then there is possibly another object running in the background that is dragging down the process.  The Object Stats available on the Toilet or Supercomputer may help you narrow it down, but that tool should be wielded very gently.

If it's not a particular object, then it's still a mystery as to why some of you still have the lag issue.  I've been playing my neighborhood since May, and it still runs pretty well (as long as the multitudes of CarLimo's are deleted each sim night).

Cheers. Smiley
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 13, 23:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's not a particular object, then it's still a mystery as to why some of you still have the lag issue.  I've been playing my neighborhood since May, and it still runs pretty well (as long as the multitudes of CarLimo's are deleted each sim night).

Thing is, I don't have lag problems anymore with all the limos cleaned up and such. Even with this mod pushing many sims to work at certain hours of the day the lag is barely noticeable, and everyone's getting into the rabbitholes. It's just that at some point, everyone stops going to work autonomously, and this always coincides with the disappearance of the 'hour until' warning. It's not that they're getting bounced, they just don't go. Carpools still show up at the active household, just no hour warning. This has happened to me in several save games even after the advent of derelict-towing. Fresh hoods will send inactives off to their daily duties autonomously, then, as the weeks wear on, they just stop.

But like I said, as long as this mod gets them going again, I really don't care that the early alarm notification isn't going off. Still a bit of a mystery what's causing it to stop firing and why its disappearance suddenly makes the inactive households blow off work and school, but some mysteries I can live with.
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 14, 00:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, I don't have lag problems anymore with all the limos cleaned up and such. Even with this mod pushing many sims to work at certain hours of the day the lag is barely noticeable, and everyone's getting into the rabbitholes. It's just that at some point, everyone stops going to work autonomously, and this always coincides with the disappearance of the 'hour until' warning.

Hmmm...  There was second component to my original core mod fix suggestion.  That component had to do with an issue where the TwoHoursBeforeWork alarm was actually fired too EARLY.

The EAxian code has a block in the TwoHours alarm that says, "if you should be at work in 2.1 hours from now, set up the HourBeforeWork alarm".

I found that the TwoHours alarm was actually firing 2.5 hours before work.  So when the block was hit, it did not set up the HourBeforeWork alarm.

I simply changed the block to check "3.0 from hours now".  I had completely forgotten about it until your post.

Unlike the "HoursBeforeWork" resync, which Pescado added to AwesomeMod, the "3.0 hours" fix was never included.

I'll see if I can fix that issue as well, without a core mod.

Interesting. Smiley
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 14, 00:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You sir, rock.

Just to clarify, what I'm referring to as the 'hour until' warning is the 'hour until' carpool warning, so I'm guessing in the code that would be the TwoHoursBeforeWork alarm.

In any event, it sounds very EAxian to set up these alarms to go off sequentially, and then muff the variables so the sequence just dies.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 03:26:55 by varmint » Logged
twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 14, 02:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify, what I'm referring to as the 'hour until' warning is the 'hour until' carpool warning, so I'm guessing in the code that would be the TwoHoursBeforeWork alarm.

This has been implemented in Version 2.

You may notice the "Carpool is coming" message appear twice for your active sims.  That will cease after the first day after loading the game.  The next time you load the game, it will recur, for again only the first day. 

Simply ignore the issue, I consider them harmless.

Cheers. Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 14, 02:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those sims who are getting the repeated push message you're right, it's a good idea to go snoop and see what the heck is going on with them.

I was telling Pescado I noticed one a little while back and when I went to check on her and see what was going on she was at a park with a toddler when she got the call to go to work repeatedly. She seemed to get very conflicted with on the one hand feeling that she has to drop the kid off at home first while on the other being told to get her ass to work NOW.

After much confusiong and confliction she eventually did go home, dropped the kid off, left, kid went *poof* (this is normal EA behavior for babies and toddlers in non selected homes when the adult leaves rather than have a bunch of babysitters come to every house in town when the player will never see them) and then she went to work. Late of course.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 14, 07:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found one Sim trapped on another family's back porch deck, with no way to exit since it had no stairs, just a door leading inside. No clue how he got himself there... took over the household and added a stairway to let him out. He was trapped there at least three days.
That is frickin' hilarious.

Reminds me of something that would (quite often) happen on hobby lots in TS2 FT.  I'd have my playable come to the lot only to find some of the sims "already there" in stupid places they couldn't get out of.  Like on the roof (flat roof, not a peaked one) or in the oppisite gender bathroom and totally unable to go out through that gender specific door.  It made skillbuilding difficult because I have a pretty soft heart and feel bad for the poor things suffering in thier unjust prisons. Sad

TrueLou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 14, 16:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying version 2. Version 1 worked a treat and I was just going to make it silent and let it do it's thing in the background, but now I see it's new and improved I'll give it a go. Twallan, you've saved me from restarting a new save file three times now, your mods are becoming indispensable, I think you deserve your own section here, you always seem to pinpoint the exact thing that's going wrong in my game and produce a fix for it. You must have mind skillz ! Varmint and I will now be stalking you for the rest of our simming days  Grin
louisejm
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 15, 06:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too would like to say a very big THANK YOU for this mod.  This has been a big problem in my neighbourhood for some time now but not any more.  It works. Once again, thank you.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 15, 23:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be at all possible to make a "do your freaking homework" pusher?   Tongue  Not that I think *all* sim 6s and 12s should be doing their homework every single day, but as it is none of the ones I'm not directly controlling are *ever* doing it, even those you'd expect should be trying to make the Honour Roll (ie Genius, Bookworm, Perfectionist, Ambitious, Workaholic, ect).

twallan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 15, 23:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be at all possible to make a "do your freaking homework" pusher?   Tongue  Not that I think *all* sim 6s and 12s should be doing their homework every single day, but as it is none of the ones I'm not directly controlling are *ever* doing it, even those you'd expect should be trying to make the Honour Roll (ie Genius, Bookworm, Perfectionist, Ambitious, Workaholic, ect).

Someone over at MTS asked for something similar, and I have posted a blunt force approach to the solution in the Pudding Factory called "NRaas Homeworker".

Good Day. Smiley
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 17, 09:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are really a lot of objects imprisoning Sims in the game, exactly like in TS2. Everytime I invite a Sim home or to go out and get the answer Yes, but unfortunately something else came across". I go and check "what" came across and find the Sim trapped inside a box lady fence, or between a chair and a lamp. In the case they got red job performance, I found out that they were not going to work at all, but bumped on each other and stopped in front of the work door. The new version of AM have at least solved the last issue.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 18, 19:28:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is working very well in my game; thank you.  One thing I have noticed is that certain sims are always getting multiple pushes from both this and ASM and it took me a while to figure out what the issue with these particular sims: they're the Absent Minded sims of the hood!  Tongue  Not that they are the only ones needing an extra few pushes, but they are certainly the worst offenders and consistantly arrive quite late, sometimes to the point that work or school is over before they actually mannage to get inside.   Roll Eyes  This isn't an issue with your mod of course, just an observation on how this trait functions that I probably wouldn't have noticed witout all the notifications about these same sims every single day.   Cheesy

bluegenjutsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 19, 17:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod does not work for the Criminal career though. I had this problem with a sim not getting the push for work after getting the warning about the carpool coming in one hour, before I used this WorkPusher mod and I'm still getting the same problem while using it. It happened in a new game I played last night. The one sim I had that was a criminal wasn't getting the queues to go to work, most work days, and the other sim that I added to the family (through marriage) was getting all the go to work queues, his job was in the science career. This is a new fresh install of Sims 3 with latest patch, too. The problem is with EA's coding but it seems to carry over with the mod in, too.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 19, 18:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't noticed anything different about the Criminal career, odd.  Somehow, Nick Alto has been getting his ass to work regularly enough to be promoted past Clare Ursine (my active sim) to the point where he is now assigned as her boss.  I have also observed him arriving at and leaving the building.  I have no idea about my other nhood criminals, since I really havn't been paying a lot of attention to them.

bluegenjutsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 19, 20:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't noticed anything different about the Criminal career, odd.  Somehow, Nick Alto has been getting his ass to work regularly enough to be promoted past Clare Ursine (my active sim) to the point where he is now assigned as her boss.  I have also observed him arriving at and leaving the building.  I have no idea about my other nhood criminals, since I really havn't been paying a lot of attention to them.

Maybe it only happens with sims you create yourself in CAS? But it doesn't happen to me with every sim that I have played in the criminal career. It's only happened with 2 of my created sims so far. And this last time was on a fresh install with no other errors that I've seen happening.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: