More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:57:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  no random sims moving into town
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: no random sims moving into town  (Read 9553 times)
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
no random sims moving into town
« on: 2009 November 12, 06:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have destroyedallhumans in my town and moved in a couple of create a sim families, but i thought random sims were meant to move into other lots? I have a town full of empty, furnished houses and have played a few realtime hours but still live in a ghost town. Is this right? How do I get sims to move in? I have awesome mod, and i have used the configuration tool to change a couple of things, but i didnt think i had changed anything to do with this, if indeed there is anything.
Please could someone tell me what i have done/not done, and how to get some annoying stupidly named random neighbours to interact with?? thanks!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: no random sims moving into town
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 12, 06:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you have used "destroyallhumans" (using only AwesomeMod, which does not immigrate random Sims) you will have to manually repopulate.  The only Sims that will otherwise be generated are the ones needed to be bosses or co-workers to your Sims, and then only if you try to "meet co-workers" or "suck up to boss".  I believe IndieStone (and I think you can still use the "Mod" portion - but not the Core - with AwesomeMod) will immigrate random Sims.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 12, 07:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for that! i have been looking at the indie mod and wondering whether to use it, if it still works etc. I will dl it and give it a go, i dont think i could possibly create THAT many sims to put in the hood!
Cheers.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 12, 15:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The story mod at Crazy Town by NRaas is a lot better than Indie and is supported.  It is set up like Indie and uses Awesome Mod core.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 13, 12:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering about this now that I've done a Rapture on my hood and my one Sims is completely alone. I've played him for about a Sim week, and cleaned up the homeless scum that the EA story progression is creating, and now I'm noticing the 1AM lag that I looked forward to, doesn't lag anymore.

Doesn't it also have to do with not enough homes/not enough bed slots and cribs?

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 13, 14:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the rapture thing and didn't get any new sims until I built some really cheap  affordable houses, then too many moved in.  Tongue
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 13, 18:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering about this now that I've done a Rapture on my hood and my one Sims is completely alone. I've played him for about a Sim week, and cleaned up the homeless scum that the EA story progression is creating, and now I'm noticing the 1AM lag that I looked forward to, doesn't lag anymore.

No, really? The 1AM lag is caused by EA storymode working in the background taking up resources. With no other sims in town, there's nobody for storymode to act on, thus, no lag.

INFP or something
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 14, 01:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

didnt know about the crazy town mod, i will try that too. thanks.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 14, 05:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the rapture thing and didn't get any new sims until I built some really cheap  affordable houses, then too many moved in.  Tongue

I would be in the same situation but I was using this method of homeless scum clean up, which was a pain at first but starting becoming my only delight in a hood with only 1 inhabitant. After giving money/manually moving in the homeless, I had a decent amount of Sims in my town; but yea...I noticed that the EA story progression slowed down on creating new families.

No, really? The 1AM lag is caused by EA storymode working in the background taking up resources. With no other sims in town, there's nobody for storymode to act on, thus, no lag.

Yeah, I know it's EA working; I have the notifications (Awesomemod) on so I can see what's happening. I just wasn't sure if EA's story progression decided my hood had reached its cap, and/or if I should add more homes/beds slots.

I finally took some time to read up on the Crazy Town story progression mod and after backing up everything, added it to my Mods...wow, it has single-handedly changed my whole game play. I'm always TL;DR about most mods that have a lot in the description but, I took a few minutes to finally read about what it does. That mod actually does what EA promised as far as their bullshit "making the hood more lively and dynamic". Tonight was the first night since the game came out that, I sat here and played for 4 hours, instead of doing neighborhood clean up.

If anyone is still in doubt, you should try it out. Makes a huge difference for some Simmers who feel the game has gotten boring.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 14, 21:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue, except that I don't use any core mods and dind't delete all sims.

Sunset Valley, where I must be at 9th or 10th generation of my family, is a complete ghost town. No Sims have moved in at all for several generations (5/6 gens, I think). AND, the families I add to the game myself to fill it up a bit do not expand. If I create a couple they don't make kids, ever. It's completely weird and sucks the fun out of the game, as the town is empty and stagnant. Even worse since random coworkers/school friends look pretty much identical...

What's weird is that I have a second game with Riverview where story mode is working perfectly well! I'm at my first gen only, since I'm playing that neighborhood on epic length. And I have regular random move ins and move outs, families merging and baby making!

So, I wonder if it has anything to do with the number of generations I've been playing? I noticed since playing the same town in two different games that some "random" move in families were identical and looked premade by EA? Is there something there? Are there still issues with the number of characters in a neighborhood, like in Sims 2?
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 November 15, 08:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so I have taken out indie stone and substituted the crazy town one. i havent had a chance for a good play, but do sims move in/reproduce automatically or do i have to change one of the options? Thanks!
Also, when configuring awesome mod, do i enable or disable indie stone story driver, since it isnt indie stone but i dont want Eaxis story driver either, and i'm not sure if i need awesome story driver??
« Last Edit: 2009 November 15, 09:03:52 by VirtualAlex » Logged
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 November 15, 12:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@VirtualAlex: The first two items in the default aweconfig already has Indy enabled (it works with Twallan's updated version) and awesomemod disabled. If you had switched these to enable awesomemod then you will need to download another aweconfig file and change those options back so you can run the new story driver.

@magic cookie: I read about lots of complaints of this same issue over on the EA BBS the other day, so apparently this is not unusual and may even be "normal" EA design. One poster said she created a second graveyard and that seemed to have fixed the issue for her. I'm just repeating what I read though since I have not yet encountered this problem and haven't tested this out. If you try it, let us know if it worked!
Clara M Johnson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 November 15, 13:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you have used "destroyallhumans" (using only AwesomeMod, which does not immigrate random Sims) you will have to manually repopulate.  The only Sims that will otherwise be generated are the ones needed to be bosses or co-workers to your Sims, and then only if you try to "meet co-workers" or "suck up to boss".  I believe IndieStone (and I think you can still use the "Mod" portion - but not the Core - with AwesomeMod) will immigrate random Sims.

Where can I find this "destroyallhumans" thing?

I had to remove Sims one family at a time, and I then only put the ones I wanted back in, but then before I knew it all these stupid  named Sims started moving in.

And I wanted to fill the town up myself, Believe me I have no problem coming up with new Sims to fill it up.

But of course the game messed that up.

Plus I would love to stop the Sim families who I am not playing from having babies all the time, it causes over population.

And I cant get the Patches because they just mess my game up.

I would just be happy if I could keep the single Sims from having babies, especially the men.

Any help would be great, thanks! 

DIE SIMS STORE DIE!
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 November 15, 14:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Tangie: thanks for the heads up.
Just read the story progression thread on the official forum. It seems that for many Simmers, story progression stops working after a few generations.

So EA did fuck up one of the main features of TS3. Why am I not surprised? Simmers have recommended deleting headstones to help, but the things is apart for the few I've put in the mausoleum I've already deleted all of my sims' graves erm.

Other simmers recommend the NRaas Super Computer to control the population, which seems to help. I'm definitely trying that out and giving you the heads up later!

Ah, I now seem to remember when EA was telling us that the TS3 town would be alive. You'd be in the park, see two Sims flirt together, later learn by reading the paper that they'd gotten married and had children. Lies and propaganda!!  Roll Eyes
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 November 15, 19:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find this "destroyallhumans" thing?  I had to remove Sims one family at a time, and I then only put the ones I wanted back in, but then before I knew it all these stupid  named Sims started moving in.  And I wanted to fill the town up myself, Believe me I have no problem coming up with new Sims to fill it up.  But of course the game messed that up.  Plus I would love to stop the Sim families who I am not playing from having babies all the time, it causes over population.  And I cant get the Patches because they just mess my game up.  I would just be happy if I could keep the single Sims from having babies, especially the men.
ame
Any help would be great, thanks! 
The command "destroyallhumans" is part of AwesomeMod, available through the console.  Unfortunately, since you have not patched your game, you cannot use AwesomeMod.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: