More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:20:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  move grave?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: move grave?  (Read 8176 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
move grave?
« on: 2009 August 12, 20:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a random sim that died on my lot a few generations ago; I recently discovered their urn hidden behind something, and moved it out to rest beside the family graves. However, I'm really tired of this random person haunting my house - the four or five family ghosts are bad enough. What's the proper way to move it to the graveyard? I only seem to have "mourn" and "engraph epitaph" options when clicking on it.

INFP or something
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: move grave?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 12, 20:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put it in your inventory, go to the cemetery and click the mausoleum. Choose 'manage dead' and take the urn from your inventory an put it in the mausoleum, or in the graveyard.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 12, 20:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be at least friend with the ghost, then the option to pick up the gravestone will appear.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 12, 20:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to be friends with it? Great. Time to go socialize the annoying fat guest-ghost. Thanks.

INFP or something
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 12, 21:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Protip: if you buy the Attractive perk (15,000 points, IIRC) you'll make friends with any acquaitance in seconds: it gives you a really huge bump in relationship points right at the first meet. Thanks to that perk I had a sim gain his lifetime wish (20 friends) as soon as he transitioned to teen.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 18, 01:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could just delete the grave also... I mean although that's not very respectful to the poor, helpless, plump man that previous lie buried beneath it- sure gets him "outta da house"!
I've also seen some people make rooms just full of their deceased sims' urns with a MTS lockable door. That way the ghosts stay in the room, but if you ever wanted to, yah know, go and visit some time. Cry
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 18, 04:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone's interested, apparently my brain is deteriorating faster than I thought -- it's one of my sim's father, who died about two minutes after knocking up her mother (unintentionally). No idea why he wasn't in the graveyard.

Anyone else occasionally have trouble telling the difference between sim-men and sim-women? >.>

ETA: died unintentionally. I also sometimes have trouble telling elders from adults. I guess I don't look too close.

INFP or something
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 18, 18:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His grave doesn't go to the graveyard. It goes into one of the sims in your household's inventory, I think whoever was closest to him, not physically but relationship wise. In order for him to be in the public graveyard you have to go there with his grave and click "Manage the Dead" then drag his stone in there.
And if that's not what you were talking about, oops.

But I do have trouble telling the difference between teen and adult. Especially from their little thumnail pictures. Never had the male-female distinguishing problem though, I suppose if the women had short hair...
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 18, 18:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I meant, why it hadn't been moved to the little graveyard area I set up. It was in the bathroom, under the sink. WTF.

And yeah, the male-female tends to be heavierset sims with short hair. It's hard to tell from afar or from their thumbnail sometimes. Furthermore, with some of the odd hair colors I've seen, it doesn't occur to me that, say, white dreadlocks means elder until I move him in. I just figured he had weird hair.

INFP or something
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 18, 20:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, yes the white dreadlocks seems to be a trend going on with the elders lately. Why, why, why... I don't know. I don't like it when my people turn into elders anyway, so I usually just kill them off, or change their hair color.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 19, 02:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my super-fit sims doesn't look old in the least, so I just had her dye her hair. She just still looks buff to me. Then she starts walking and does that hunchy thing and it's like, WTF, you can bench-press a train.

INFP or something
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 19, 04:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if urnstones could be dragged to a sim's inventory, regardless of the relationship between the alive and the deceased. This would certainly make moving graves to the cemetery much easier.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 19, 18:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if urnstones could be dragged to a sim's inventory, regardless of the relationship between the alive and the deceased. This would certainly make moving graves to the cemetery much easier.
I believe they can be picked up by any sim.
I've took a random sims' grave from the cemetary by "Managing the Dead" with no problem, so I don't see how it couldn't work the other way.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 19, 18:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you don't have a hack for that? Manage the Dead only shows, by default, graves of sims who were friends with some family member, I think. I married in Bella (would-be Goth) to my sim family, and got Bachelor and Goth graves showing up, but only a given two. The "pick up" option only appears for a grave when a sim has a certain relationship with the ghost inside. I think I recall dragging not working, but I haven't played in a few days, so I have yet to test that.

INFP or something
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 19, 20:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Goth, is there a way of getting their urns back, they died when I was playing another home, so the graveyard is missing these two.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 21, 14:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Goth, is there a way of getting their urns back, they died when I was playing another home, so the graveyard is missing these two.
Nope.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 22, 17:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well. Do different tombs appear to different sims? I was thinking of trying to find some former friends of theirs, to put the graves in the graveyard. And try to have their son pick it up. Guess it isn't possible.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 22, 17:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do different tombs appear to different sims?
As stated before in this thread- Tombstones can only be picked up by sims who are friends with some family member of the tombstone.
Not by just anyone, I was previously mistaken about that. So if only a sim with friend ties to the deceased can carry the grave, then yes different sims will be able to pick up different graves.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 22, 18:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that, but are the tombs visible by all sims in manage the dead, if they are, the Goth are not there. And I wanted their son to take them back home.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 23, 00:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but are the tombs visible by all sims in manage the dead,
Nope. The same rule about having to be tied to the family as friend still applies in "Manage the Dead". However I'm not exactly clear on how sims' tombs end up in manage the dead, so can't help you there.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: