More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:20:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Converting the Custom Radio Station to a new station / old TS2 Station
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Converting the Custom Radio Station to a new station / old TS2 Station  (Read 12276 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Converting the Custom Radio Station to a new station / old TS2 Station
« on: 2009 August 12, 07:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These files will convert the "Custom" music station to a new name complete with matching icon.

Note: ONLY USE ONE OF THESE FILES

I'm not sure how to add a new radio station so for now what these do is change the name and associated icon of the "Custom" music station. You then put whatever matching mp3s you want in the C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Custom Music directory.

Most of these are based on TS2 channels. If you don't already have the TS2 music mp3s you can get it here:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4183399/The_Sims_2_Soundtrack (Note: Does not currently have many seeds)

Of course this is just a suggestion and you can always put whatever mp3s you want in the directory.

The files are attached to the bottom of the post. Just drop one of these in your mods/packages directory or one of its subdirectories. You can only use one at a time but you can change up and swap them out.

OLDIES

HIP HOP

WORLD

SURF

* CustomToOldiesChannel.package (8.18 KB - downloaded 345 times.)
* CustomToHipHopChannel.package (4.05 KB - downloaded 323 times.)
* CustomToWorldChannel.package (7.89 KB - downloaded 331 times.)
* CustomToSurfChannel.package (5.81 KB - downloaded 320 times.)

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Converting the Custom Radio Station to a new station / old TS2 Station
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 12, 07:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JAZZ

BIG BAND
Partially because I got lazy but mostly because I couldn't think of what other icon symbol to use I gave both Jazz and Big Band the sax icon pictured above

And this last one is something I did for myself. I played sims in a island style beach house and the TS2 Surf channel was kind of Beach Boys-ish and not exactly what I wanted so I made a channel for Hawaiian slack guitar music called the Aloha Channel.

I found a pretty good torrent for instrumental Hawaiian music here: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4972882/Hawaiian_Paradise_Record_One (again, not many seeds).

It's part of a collection from Reader's Digest in the 60s so it's a little loungy/kitschy, but it's decent and easy to listen to (in my opinion) while playing. All encoded in 320kbps so high quality. Of course it's again just a suggestion.

ALOHA

If anyone wants to use these icons to add completely new stations (that don't replace custom) or otherwise use them in any other way go right ahead. They are just icons and images I found on the net, though I did modify most in some way.

I may add more over time if I can decide on what sorts of icons and channels to add.

It's really easy to do yourself too, just open one of these packages in S3PE, change the string to whatever you want to call the station, replace the 54x54 icon and its smaller 24x24 version and you're done.

* CustomToJazzChannel.package (5.54 KB - downloaded 321 times.)
* CustomToBigBandChannel.package (5.55 KB - downloaded 318 times.)
* CustomToAlohaChannel.package (6.54 KB - downloaded 301 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 12, 07:27:28 by Motoki » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 12, 07:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reserved

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 12, 08:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so cool. Way to go, Motoki.

I am happy with a new station and it's part of the sims favorites.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
insidious_glamour
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 12, 17:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I extracted all the .mp3s from the Sims 2 and expansions awhile ago, but I love the option of having a new icon.  Thanks for doing this!

ETA: If anyone wants a single song or station or even the whole set and doesn't torrent I could probably .zip and upload them somewhere - or e-mail to someone who can host on a premium account for me.  The songs are all organized by station and named according to EA's list. (Except for a few from the vanilla game as they have no titles associated with the mp3s and I is too lazy to load game and check.  Besides, I only like one of them anyway.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 12, 19:16:49 by insidious_glamour » Logged

non ducor, duco.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 12, 20:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be sure, I can download one of your packages, change the name of the station and it will auto create a new custom folder or? Because I wanted to make a new station, but do I manually need to create the folder station in my program files? I would put my mp3 files in there and they can play yes? Sorry I hope it doesn't sound dense, I like this work of yours a lot!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 13, 00:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, just put them in the existing custom music folder and take out the mp3s that were there. Back them up someplace though in case some future patch or expansion complains about them not being there. Tongue

But no need to create a new folder, just use C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Custom Music\

That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 13, 12:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet!

I'm merging Jazz and Jam Bands, because they're both equally awesome.

This is so cool. Way to go, Motoki.

I am happy with a new station and it's part of the sims favorites.

+Agreed
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: