More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 11:24:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Problem with co-workers only spawning if you interact (I think).
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem with co-workers only spawning if you interact (I think).  (Read 12764 times)
SenkoAu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Problem with co-workers only spawning if you interact (I think).
« on: 2009 August 11, 07:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The recent version/s of awsome mod only spawn NPC's if you interact with them to save space however in the law-enforcement track you need to have a good relationship with your partner and there's no option to do this in the job options instead you have to do it manually. This means that they never spawn and you can't get a good relationship with your partner at all.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Problem with co-workers only spawning if you interact (I think).
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 11, 07:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug is fixed in current version, Law Enforcement now always receives partner because it is so important.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SenkoAu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Co-Worker spawning problem not fixed, related to locked topic, clarifying action
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 11, 15:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I said the problem was occuring with the recent version/s I meant the one currently downloadable via this site as well. See below the steps I did just before this post to double check I hadn't missed an update or something.

1) Downloaded the most recent version of awsome mod
2) Got a job in the athletics career
3) Saved and quit
4) Removed all custom content and deleted the cache files
5) Restarted, saved, quit and deleted the cache again
6) Reinstalled only the latest awsome mod
7) Restarted, got a job in the law enforcement career track

I'm still not having my partners spawn when I should. That is there's no interact with partner option in the drop down menu and no one in the work friends category except a boss so the partner job factor continually degrades in this career. I got promoted to patrol cop to check a couple of levels before posting. Admitedly the problem might only occur if you already had a job in law enforcement previously (prior to the new version) but it is a problem still. With awsome mod there's no interact with partner or partner spawned, without it there is.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Co-Worker spawning problem not fixed, related to locked topic, clarifying action
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 11, 15:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the time stamp different on the version you downloaded? If not, try cleaning your browser's caches before downloading. I had this problem once.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 11, 17:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be really fixed now, get update.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SenkoAu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 12, 01:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that one of those things may have fixed the partner problem but I'm not sure as now my game crashes to the desktop shortly after my loading it up and I can't get confirmation of whether it worked or not as it doesn't run long enough to see how it reacts in new jobs/levels. The savegame with partner interaction selected does have it still there but I can't get it to run long enough to see if it remains should I leave/return to work or get promoted. The fact that my game is now crashing instead of running (as it did with the previous version) indicates somethings different in the current one but I don't know for sure if its what needed to be different.

I have tested this with awsomemod and without (no other mods installed when doing this obviously). With awsomemod it crashes in a short period of time, roughly half an hour game time, without it runs fine. This happens in both save games (all of them) and new games. Oh and yes this is the same issue (I suspect) others have already reported in the new bug thread I'm just trying to give as much info as I can, I'll also be reposting this new one's information in the new bug thread as it is a bug rather than a feature.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 12, 06:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 4° level of Culinary career has Co-worker as a task for advancement, but I don't get the "meet coworkers" option ever, and there are plenty of sims in the culinary career.
Also, probably related, I keep having a "There's no one else to meet" message when I select "meet band member/symphony" in Music career, while I'm sure there are other sims to meet: they started that career later, but they exist.

I wouldn't be a PITA, but this restriction from the game as-is it's really so necessary? I send my sims to work to make friends, I don't care for career itself; in this way it's nearly impossible to have them meet a coworker unless that specific level requires a coworker for advancement.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 12, 06:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check for the latest version? This is supposed to be working, what you're getting is a bug.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 12, 19:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa, I downloaded my version only a few hours before; you're correct, the latest download has the "meet coworkers" again.

There's something still wrong, though; now if they already have met all their colleagues, if I select that option it now resets (with the "xxx already has met all the coworkers" message) only in the end of the daily task, and not immediatly, like it should.
Also, no option to socialize with coworkers appears: it works only in the Music career.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 13, 02:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't be a PITA, but this restriction from the game as-is it's really so necessary? I send my sims to work to make friends, I don't care for career itself; in this way it's nearly impossible to have them meet a coworker unless that specific level requires a coworker for advancement.
I agree.  This seems like such a counterintuitive feature.  Users aren't going to realize that the only way they're going to get a boss to spawn is to first kiss up to them at work.  Normally, I never use that work tone.  Hell, if I were a new user and didn't see a boss on my acquaintance list, I'd probably be even less likely to try the option.

IMO, Pescado, you should at least make this optional.  It's only going to fuel the folks who say that the mod forces you to make fundamental changes to gameplay that you can't disable.  I wouldn't normally suggest cowtowing to that sentiment, but, in this case, I think they're right.  This feature is a bit counterintuitive and prevents one fairly common playing strategy (improving your boss relationship outside of work and working hard while at work).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 13, 05:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  This seems like such a counterintuitive feature.  Users aren't going to realize that the only way they're going to get a boss to spawn is to first kiss up to them at work.  Normally, I never use that work tone.  Hell, if I were a new user and didn't see a boss on my acquaintance list, I'd probably be even less likely to try the option.
I could tie it "meet coworkers", so you meet both at once, but the real problem with spawning them CONSTANTLY is that if they are generated for every worker and every superfluous position, keep in mind that every time you do this, the game is going to vomit forth another fambly. This was actually the original cause of the massive numbers of homeless sims spawning, which in turn created tons more lag and spam and bloat. It's mostly a bad thing. You don't really want to do this.

IMO, Pescado, you should at least make this optional.  It's only going to fuel the folks who say that the mod forces you to make fundamental changes to gameplay that you can't disable.  I wouldn't normally suggest cowtowing to that sentiment, but, in this case, I think they're right.
Yeah, well, I'm a bit tired of their constant whining and want them to FOAD. I make AwesomeMod for ME. Anything I throw in for you is just something to shut you up. If you don't like it, you, too, can FOAD. Saves me a lot of bother.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 13, 05:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could tie it "meet coworkers", so you meet both at once, but the real problem with spawning them CONSTANTLY is that if they are generated for every worker and every superfluous position,

Which is really only an issue if you play multiple families for any significant length of time. Many of us don't. The game was also not designed to switch back and forth between multiple families so from EA's standpoint it was never really an issue either.

keep in mind that every time you do this, the game is going to vomit forth another fambly. This was actually the original cause of the massive numbers of homeless sims spawning, which in turn created tons more lag and spam and bloat. It's mostly a bad thing. You don't really want to do this.

Why can't they be forced to spawn as single sims? They don't need to come with a family. They can find their own through story mode. Just doing that cuts down on a lot of superfluous sim spammage. I had one boss spawn once with 4 kids. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 13, 13:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, well, I'm a bit tired of their constant whining and want them to FOAD. I make AwesomeMod for ME. Anything I throw in for you is just something to shut you up. If you don't like it, you, too, can FOAD. Saves me a lot of bother.
Your words wound me!  Well, actually no they don't.  Look, you can develop the mod however you like obviously.  You're the one putting in the time.  I'm just pointing out that I do think it's a counter-intuitive feature that, to a small degree, negatively restricts gameplay.  If you don't agree or don't care, that's fine.  If you don't want to consider a change to spite people who whine or argue with you, that's your prerogative.  I was simply making a suggestion based on a functional argument, in case that argument was not considered before.  If it was useful to you, so be it.  If not, no skin off my back.

I will now go and Feel Out A Dentist.  She's kinda cute.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Xantham
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 13, 17:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two things to mention - One is a "bug" - not really, just a weird coincidence. and one is a suggestion:

First - While running this mod, I had Sim in the Political Field.  He was, of course, sucking up to the boss as was necessary.  He also had met one of his co-workers outside of work, but the option to socialize with co-workers was not showing up in his menu at work.  The Sim he met was a pre-made sim, Tamara Donner.  I then had him do the option to come up with a new plan during work.  His new option obviously sucked, since he lost relationship with his boss and co-workers.  At this point it created all his co-workers.  One of his other co-workers was also a pre-made sim, I forget her name, but she's always a political sim.  So, for what it's worth, if you do the options where you can change the feelings of your sim's workmates , I think it will create them when the option finishes.

Second, as a suggestion I would like to add that I would appreciate if this was optional as well.  All my Charisma-Skilled Sims use the work option to gain the friends necessary for the first few levels of Charisma gains.  If you are not in the mood, would you at least consider mentioning what function(s) you modified and I will attempt to fix it for myself?
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 13, 17:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly related to this, but selecting "Make Friends" for my sim when he was sent to jail caused the game to freeze up.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 13, 21:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly related to this, but selecting "Make Friends" for my sim when he was sent to jail caused the game to freeze up.
I doubt that's related. The Jail actions are not the same as the career actions. They aren't even in the same DLL. Mystery freezes are being looked for, though. In fact, the Make Friends tone is a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME because, as far as I can tell by looking at the original code for it, there is no actual code that makes any friends, and, in fact, the body appears to be entirely empty so that the GOGGLES DO NOTHING.

First - While running this mod, I had Sim in the Political Field.  He was, of course, sucking up to the boss as was necessary.  He also had met one of his co-workers outside of work, but the option to socialize with co-workers was not showing up in his menu at work.
If you've actually MET one of your actual coworkers, then the option to socialize should definitely be there. If you simply haven't met them yet, then the option will not be there, and you can choose the optional tone to meet them, instead. If it's not there, make sure you're using the latest version. Although perhaps the job innately lacks the option, which I doubt.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 14, 02:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay somehow the thought of "making friends" in jail disturbs me.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 14, 09:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay somehow the thought of "making friends" in jail disturbs me.
What did you expect, a popup indicating your sim either has become, or has acquired, a new bitch?

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 14, 11:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get any cooworker or partner either and never saw any need for it. Except for some of the stupid Opportunites. My Sims reach the top of their career even when they are not skilled enough. If there's any need to relate to a cooworker, I look for any other sim that is in the same career and give then a charming introduction. It is enough. As to the partner of cops, they do not exist in game, if you get to befriend them it is going to create a townie to be befriended. Funny that another sim in the same career are never partners. Ass.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 15, 16:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chiming in just to report that now both the "meet coworkers" and "hang out with coworkers" work. Another bug bites the dust, yeah!

------
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 15, 17:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I'm probably one of the few who prefers multiple families over one single household (I get bored with only one). 

Because of the nature of TS3 I have a set number of families I'm playing that I hope to be able to maintain with the apple/watermelon baby gender thing.  One of each per household, marriage only between the families I play.  I'm trying to set it up so that all families have their sprog at about the same time so all the first children age together as do all the second children.  (Is that proper English?)

I have some of the 1st gen with two "chosen" sims who work at the same job.

So I'm wondering if it's possible to have a setup where "meet new friends" would preferentially be set to meeting chosen sims first.  That way, if one sim has met all of my other chosen sims at school/work, I could ignore the "meet..." option after that and concentrate on the socialize functions.  I don't want any more new families moving into town than necessary.

If not, then I can always send them next door and spend what I consider unnecessary and tedious time meeting neighbors, but I really hope this is possible and thought I'd throw it out there as something to consider.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 15, 17:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe (and Pescado correct me if I am wrong on this) that Aweseomemod already does that.

ie if you sim is in the journalism career, for example, and neighborhood sims exist that are also in the journalism career your sim will meet them rather than the game creating new journalism sims etc.

I think it only creates new sims to meet if none of the ones in town meet the criteria.

Keep in mind that bosses are level dependent (in awesomemod) so if you have a level 7 journalism sim and the others in town are levels 3, 4 and 5 Journalism, it will still have a create a new sim to be the boss since none are above the current sim's level, if that makes sense.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 15, 18:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not concerned about bosses unless they need to "suck up" or whatever.  And, admittedly, I don't have the most recent update because I wanted to finish this round of household playing first.  I'm using ISM for some of the options and when I update AM it seems to mess up my configuration for ISM.  At least I think it does - I know something did, but I'm not exactly sure if it was the last time I patched or when I updated AM, so I was waiting to get through each household one time, just in case.  (One week each.)

Then, if I have to redo my ISM configs, it's not as big a deal.  If not, then I know it wasn't a new configuration of AM that was the problem.

And I watch the bug reports, so that when AM looks like it's stable enough for me, I download.  It looks pretty good now, so I'll probably update this weekend.  This may be in an update from the last couple of days.  My game is actually pretty stable right now, and I'm not crazy about messing up something that I finally, after two months of frustration with this game, got working the way I want to play.  AM has been the biggest contributor to keeping me interested in TS3 - I would have shelved this game a long time ago it I didn't have it!

My sims DO meet my other sims at work/school, but they seem to meet the Brokes or whoever BEFORE they meet mine.  I haven't decimated the townies yet - saving that move for what may be an inevitable emergency - so my sims are still meeting them.

I guess I'm really more concerned about school than work, since these kids are going to be the next generation and I'd like to see who they might pair up with fairly early.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: