More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:20:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Non-replacement hairs screwing the game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Non-replacement hairs screwing the game?  (Read 6759 times)
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Non-replacement hairs screwing the game?
« on: 2009 August 06, 17:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded some non-replacement hairs and today when visiting downtown one of the hairs appeared just like some black painting over the bald scalp. Coincidently my game seemed totally screwed today. Are the non-replacement hairs screwing the game?
lightest
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Non-replacement hairs screwing the game?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 06, 17:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a mac?
ForNeverKrystle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 06, 18:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a Peggy?  Roll Eyes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 06, 20:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like Peggyitis. And she doesn't mod for elders so her hairs will just appear as a bald black cap on them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 06, 23:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a mac?

Macs seem to be very temperamental with hair-- some appear completely black/shadowed, and others randomly crash the game, even when the files reportedly work fine for other people. I have no idea why.

I sing along with elevator music.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 07, 06:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't use a Mac. And yes, the hair in question was some Peggy. I took out all hairs from my game except one from Historical (or Hysterical) that was working fine before.
The game is still screwed (a little less but still) and it seems to have something to do with graphics. The problem is really serious because it is affecting Windows (as soon as I quit the game, Windows cannot recover and I have to shut down with the el switcher). In a way, the patch self is screwing the game once I do not see anything related to mods. The game runs for about an hour and start to have graphic problems (texts disappears, screen become blurry, sims disappears, interactions stop, etc). Toggling to Desktop recovers the screen enough to quit the game, then Windows doesn't recover and computer must be shut down the hard way.
My partners are giving up the game. It seemed very interesting but it also seems that the shoe is a number too big for EA.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 07, 14:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are your computer specs? Sounds like you don't have enough memory or a good graphic card or something.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 08, 07:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm now in the biggest computer available here once my partners gave up. Now we have two computers completely blank (just windows, no programs).
I found out the problem - windows was not updated in this computer in particular. I updated and solved the issue.
I'm having now possibility for 8GB RAM, two enormous HardDisks and an NVidia 9000 series, last available drivers.
So hardware cannot be issue.
coe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 09, 20:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using a Mac and having the same problem. At first I thought it was a new hair causing the problem, so I got rid of the last hair .package I had downloaded and was still having the issue. Then I tried deleting awesome config which I had added recently and suddenly all my custom hair worked again. But when I tried to re-install the hair I had taken out, all my hair was borked again, and now it won't work no matter what.

I am patched and have the latest awesomemod. I don't know that it's my graphics card, since custom hair was working perfectly before and I think I have a decent card (GeForce 8600M GT).

oh, it might be worth mentioning that the only hair I had downloaded from TSR (in a sims3pack file) still works fine. But it is fugly and provides no consolation.  Embarrassed
kittyuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 10, 17:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nooooooooooo, I just joined the forum to find out if anyone else's sim has had a black baby! Not a 'black' baby.....but a pitch black baby! Sound like the scalp comment up the page, only the full skin is dark charcoal! I've taken the two 'Peggy' hairs out and she's still charcoal! Strange?

p.s. the baby is one of twins from a white female and the spikey haired ghost from the cemetery. The other twin is a ghost baby!
« Last Edit: 2009 August 10, 17:21:49 by kittyuk » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 10, 17:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That actually sounds like the ghost daddy has a corrupted skin value or something. Grim babies can turn out jet black like that.

INFP or something
kittyuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 11, 10:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"That actually sounds like the ghost daddy has a corrupted skin value or something"

Ahhh, I've never had it happen before, she passed the skin colour onto her child, too!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: