More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:51:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Anyone know of a Mod to off your sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone know of a Mod to off your sims?  (Read 8685 times)
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
Anyone know of a Mod to off your sims?
« on: 2009 August 09, 20:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Legacy house has become bugged for some reason, and no one ages, despite the fact that aging is on.  The rest of the neighborhood progresses just fine, as the teenager next door became a YA not too long ago, but no one in my active household is aging and, well... I'd like to off them.  I've been keeping track of the days to age the kids up manually, but I don't have the option to old-age kill the parents.  I did a search, but turned up nothing.  Is there a mod somewhere that triggers the ability to have your elder sims die of old age on command?
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
Re: Anyone know of a Mod to off your sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 09, 20:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Step 1: setconfig TestingCheatsEnabled true
Step 2: hold down Shift key while clicking on misfortuned Sim.
Step 3: click on "Trigger Age Transition"
Step 4: watch Sim die.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 09, 21:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah!  Wonderful!  Thanks so much.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 09, 22:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the flamingo I had in TS2 that let you kill off sims with any of the death types. It was handy for storytelling purposes, and it allowed me to make nice haunted houses with ghosts of all ages, not just elders. I hope we can get something like that eventually for TS3.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 09, 22:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do that.  You enable Awesome Mod's debug interactions.  Somewhere in the pie that comes up when you click on a sim with them enabled there is a menu called "Die by...".  Pick your poison!

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 09, 23:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just drag their Hunger meter down. They INSTANTLY die. I wish there was a Mod for death but WITHOUT the Grim Reaper showing. If I kill off an entire household he takes forever to collectsouls and what not.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 10, 01:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww but the Grim Reaper is the best part. Especially after he so sweetly storms in and collects your poor old granny's sole, then has a nice dinner with the rest of your family.  Cheesy
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 10, 04:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just drag their Hunger meter down. They INSTANTLY die. I wish there was a Mod for death but WITHOUT the Grim Reaper showing. If I kill off an entire household he takes forever to collectsouls and what not.

I find starvation ghosts to be annoying, because they raid your household's fridge. I don't know about you, but I have my sims precook meals, so that they can eat a high-quality meal before work or school, thus eliminating the need to cook food when time is short. I don't need hungry ghosts eating up all the leftovers before my living sims can get to them. I do, however, love the Ctrl+Shift+Click deaths. Because a creepy Victorian mansion just isn't the same without ghosts...

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 10, 06:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find starvation ghosts to be annoying, because they raid your household's fridge. I don't know about you, but I have my sims precook meals, so that they can eat a high-quality meal before work or school, thus eliminating the need to cook food when time is short. I don't need hungry ghosts eating up all the leftovers before my living sims can get to them. I do, however, love the Ctrl+Shift+Click deaths. Because a creepy Victorian mansion just isn't the same without ghosts...

I don't keep Ghosts around at all. The Dead are dead in my book. Either deleted grave or transported to Graveyard which I never have my Sims go to. At least not yet.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 10, 08:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do the debug death thingy there is an option to "kill instantly" which immediatly turns them into a tomb stone without the grim reaper.  I haven't done it in months though so I'm not 100% what it is called.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 10, 10:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a lockable door over at MTS. Use that door to the kitchen and the ghosts won't be able to go there. Or do what I'm in the process of doing - create a "hall of ancestors". Make a room for the ghosts and put their portrait on the wall with the urn on a table underneath it. Make sure the only entrance to the room is a lockable door. It keeps the ghosts on the property, allows me to fulfill "see a ghost" want easily, and yet keeps the ghosts contained. I used to lock them in a fenced-in area with a foosball table for company.
kittyuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 10, 16:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims drown in the pool if you entice them in, then build a wall around the pool to stop them escaping. Put the wall right next to the water so they can't climb out! I have a serial killer sim, who invites sims to her house, then quickly sends them to a watery grave! She has a lovely collection of tombstones in her garden!
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 10, 23:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a lockable door over at MTS. Use that door to the kitchen and the ghosts won't be able to go there. Or do what I'm in the process of doing - create a "hall of ancestors". Make a room for the ghosts and put their portrait on the wall with the urn on a table underneath it. Make sure the only entrance to the room is a lockable door. It keeps the ghosts on the property, allows me to fulfill "see a ghost" want easily, and yet keeps the ghosts contained. I used to lock them in a fenced-in area with a foosball table for company.
With your "Hall of Ancestors" tip do you have to have Awesome mod or Indie Stone in order for the urn under portrait trick to work?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 11, 01:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lockable door thing isn't really an option for me, because there's no way to completely unlock it for parties and such. It's fine for bedrooms, but I wouldn't use it for anything else. I simply choose not to allow starvation ghosts on my lots, but I don't mind the other types of ghosts.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 11, 03:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With your "Hall of Ancestors" tip do you have to have Awesome mod or Indie Stone in order for the urn under portrait trick to work?
Nah, it's a simple door that you can lock in different ways. The "hall of ancestors" is just a funny way for me to make a room to serve 2 functions - store portraits and store urns. The lockable door just allows me to keep the ghosts in there without having to make a door in build mode every time I want to send someone in to mourn or view paintings or something.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 11, 04:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, it's a simple door that you can lock in different ways. The "hall of ancestors" is just a funny way for me to make a room to serve 2 functions - store portraits and store urns. The lockable door just allows me to keep the ghosts in there without having to make a door in build mode every time I want to send someone in to mourn or view paintings or something.

Oh! Gotcha. Smiley
Sam the Limey
Asinine Airhead

Lawn Gnome Liberation Front

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 13, 18:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fond of the good old: "Get in the pool!" - * delete pool ladder* But I haven't tried that out in TS3. I think i've spotted sims climbing out of the sides of pools though, which would bone that approach.

You probably could go with the good old room with no door and 50 thousand cheap fireplaces approach perhaps?
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 13, 18:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fond of the good old: "Get in the pool!" - * delete pool ladder* But I haven't tried that out in TS3. I think i've spotted sims climbing out of the sides of pools though, which would bone that approach.

You probably could go with the good old room with no door and 50 thousand cheap fireplaces approach perhaps?

Pools definitely don't kill in TS3 - the Sims can climb out on the sides. Drag the energy bar to zero while in the pool, maybe?
I just killed off an annoying Sim by dragging her food bar to zero. Instant death. I got sick of her doing the "gussy up" and "check self out" when I told her to paint. Plus, I needed the bed.
Sam the Limey
Asinine Airhead

Lawn Gnome Liberation Front

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 13, 18:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read in the playable ghosts thread under the facts and strategy that you could build a fence around the edges of the pool while they're in there. Haven't tried it out because my game constantly crashes since the newest patch and I'm currently too miffed and lazy to go through the entire uninstall/reinstall rigmarole.
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 13, 19:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really need to take a screenshot of my murder chamber. It consists of a long, narrow room (glassed in, with a couch for external viewing). The victim starts at one end, and has to swim across a pool filled with blood in order to reach a toilet. Once he gets into the pool, it's a simple matter of building walls on either side because front and rear access is walled off.

It's really very efficient, and while I can't say it's a hit at parties, it's a hit for me to watch it not be a hit at parties.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 15, 00:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really need to take a screenshot of my murder chamber. It consists of a long, narrow room (glassed in, with a couch for external viewing). The victim starts at one end, and has to swim across a pool filled with blood in order to reach a toilet. Once he gets into the pool, it's a simple matter of building walls on either side because front and rear access is walled off.

It's really very efficient, and while I can't say it's a hit at parties, it's a hit for me to watch it not be a hit at parties.
Ha, I saw your post on the "Share Pixs of the Horror" topic too, about your pool of blood! I'm now going to have a lovely bloody pool by the way:D
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: