More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:19:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Long pauses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Long pauses  (Read 59957 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Long pauses
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 12, 07:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't suggesting teleporting MY sims to work.  I was suggesting that the game teleport all the TOWNIES to work.  I'm quite happy with my sims taking the carpool or bus to work.  I just wonder if it wouldn't be less laggy if the townies took a shortcut.  I rarely follow townies from home to work, so it wouldn't be no big loss and it would keep them off the roads in the morning.
You mean like if they were, oh, say, in your carpool?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 12, 09:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't suggesting teleporting MY sims to work.  I was suggesting that the game teleport all the TOWNIES to work.  I'm quite happy with my sims taking the carpool or bus to work.  I just wonder if it wouldn't be less laggy if the townies took a shortcut.  I rarely follow townies from home to work, so it wouldn't be no big loss and it would keep them off the roads in the morning.
You mean like if they were, oh, say, in your carpool?

Oh please implement that.  Having 4 carpools for 4 employees in the same career is not the point of a carpool Tongue  It would be really nice if when the car comes to pick up your sim, the others in the same career teleport into that car. 

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
tms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 12, 18:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much my entire game freezes. I can't move the camera...nothing. The only thing I can do is move the mouse...
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 12, 20:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This bug happens to me, too. My game doesn't freeze at all, the clock moves and the music plays. It's only my sims that freeze up. Especially when they're going through doors/gates. It makes them late for work every day.

They get stuck sometimes entering/exiting their work buildings that causes a traffic jam of every sim in my town standing outside buildings.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 13, 23:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I wasn't clear with the teleport reference.  I was thinking, just have them VANISH off the street or out of their homes at 8am or whenever, and then walk out of the office front door at 5pm.  No car pool, no routing to a taxi, no bicycle, no running.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
ShibaSunrise
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 19, 15:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experience really long pauses when installing the awsome mod. It makes the game unplayeble. Always happens at twelve o'clock at night... very strange
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 19, 15:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this bad and a couple of things made this problem non-existant in my game.  I can't be too helpful because I don't have the time to provide links but, the toilet that is in the Pudding factory, set it to run every night to delete the excess limos.  There is a link somewhere that has a short tut that makes the Sims walk through each other.  I am a retard with computers and I did it quickly.  My Simmettes couldn't all get into school and after doing that, they are all in at 10:00AM.  Doing this along with the chanes that JM has already added to the Awesome Mod should do the trick.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 19, 19:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having this stutter-freeze, but all the time, much worse at parties and in CAS, and also changing live/buy.
I took all CC out except mods, and it was playable. I put it back, except for most of the packages I extracted myself, I put that back with the launcher.
It is running, not smoothly, but, hey, it was unplayable. Maybe it is a bad synergy AM/CC.
DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 19, 22:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same thing.. sim freezes in mid-motion usually when going to carpool or her own car, or the kid going to the bus.

Don't want to confuse the issue, but - at the same time as I noticed this, the maids have also started acting weirdly. They will just stand around outside the front door, ALL FREAKING DAY. Even if I move stinky dishes right next to them, they will generally do nothing except complain about the stench. Eventually, the pop-up will come up that they're done for the day, and the puddles on floor / dirty dishes will vanish (but beds not made). But it's not consistent. Some days they work normally, and others they just stand around. It's almost like a route failure.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 19, 22:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this bad and a couple of things made this problem non-existant in my game.  I can't be too helpful because I don't have the time to provide links but, the toilet that is in the Pudding factory, set it to run every night to delete the excess limos.
You don't need both and this will actually confuse the game. AwesomeMod will already perform this function, and if you need to trigger it now rather than waiting, try "towderelicts".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 August 20, 04:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's carpool-related.  It doesn't just happen at 9am, but seems to happen even for the 3pm and 4pm jobs as well.  As soon as the car arrives outside and honks, the sims go into some time warp where it takes them an hour to get to the porch.  Pausing the game to help it catch up rendering doesn't help.

I'm still using AM+ISM, so it might be an ISM problem.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 20, 04:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this bad and a couple of things made this problem non-existant in my game.  I can't be too helpful because I don't have the time to provide links but, the toilet that is in the Pudding factory, set it to run every night to delete the excess limos.
You don't need both and this will actually confuse the game. AwesomeMod will already perform this function, and if you need to trigger it now rather than waiting, try "towderelicts".
I'll have to do that because the toilet stopped deleting items and the game is slow as blue blazes(whatever that means-my Mom always says that?).
troynalley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 August 21, 12:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty much my entire game freezes. I can't move the camera...nothing. The only thing I can do is move the mouse...

I'm pretty sure i have the same problems sometimes. The Game freezes, you can move the mouse, the radio still plays, the Sims ZZZZ's still move while they're sleeping. The only thing i can do it is hit cntrl+alt+del and end the game. i It's completly random and has no pattern. I use 3boot and it dont seem to do it as often but it still does it.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 August 21, 12:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I removed all my CC Hair, Removed a few useless mods.
I haven't had the trouble anymore. I also cleared out a lot of the Sims3pack DCcache and so forth, Reinstalled.
Everything has been good since... except that Riverview Borked on me.
Miao
Asinine Airhead

ISTP/INTP

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 August 21, 20:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having extreme lag/freeze issues with my game as well. I have the next-to-last patch and the Aug. 18 version of AM, and I delete cache files almost every time I start the game.

It takes over a minute for the game to go to Build/Buy mode after I click the button. It takes the game from 15 seconds to several minutes to react to just about every command I make, actually. The game only finishes saving to file when I put the computer in standby and restart it; otherwise, the save screen literally stays indefinitely. The speed is normal and stays that way for several minutes upon loading, and it briefly rebounds from the extreme lag when I restore after minimizing. I've also experienced the persistence of sounds, voices, and animations of such things as "z"s and spinning plumbbobs despite the Sims themselves being frozen in place. This seems to occur even when the game is paused.

Traits: Unflirty, Loner, Frugal, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Good, Perfectionist.
Loves: spaghetti, indie, and lilac.
kirtai
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 August 21, 21:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is everyone having this problem using Indie Stone? I wonder if that's the issue...
Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 August 22, 00:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got problems similar to many described here.

Back when my sims were adults interacting with a toddler, it took ages for them to get anything done. The adult would be commanded to, say, put the toddler in a crib. The adult would pause, then approach the toddler. The toddler would pause, then move a few feet (to get into position to be picked up?). The adult would pause, then pick up the toddler, then pause, then approach the crib, then pause, and then put the toddler into the crib.

The problems are less extreme but definitely still noticeable when it's one sim acting alone. For example, a teen needs to get to the bus. He'll step out of the house and onto the porch, often pausing mid-stride immediately before, in, or after the doorway. He'll reach the top of the mini-staircase leading to the ground, then pause, then descend the staircase, then pause, and then sprint to the bus.

Each pause lasts a couple of sim-minutes, so performing tasks can take sim-hours. It doesn't just affect active-household sims, either. When the paperboy comes through in the morning, he'll pause before he sets down the paper and then again before leaving. When the mailman comes through, he'll pause in front of the mailbox before and after inserting the mail. When I was robbed by a burglar and the alarm went off, it took all night for the police to arrest the guy and survey the house.

I'm playing 1.4.6.2 Mac, using AwesomeMod, a bunch of store-content from the pudding factory, and a handful of minor mods (better body sculptor, no intro movie, teen autonomy woohoo.) No IndieStone.
tms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 August 23, 16:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I removed all my CC Hair, Removed a few useless mods.
I haven't had the trouble anymore. I also cleared out a lot of the Sims3pack DCcache and so forth, Reinstalled.
Everything has been good since... except that Riverview Borked on me.

Yeah it seems you're the only one who's having the same problem as me.
scandalicious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 September 06, 12:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having this same issue, just so you know.  I tried adjusting the graphics properties, thinking it was some sort of overload that was doing it, but no good. Just started this weekend, and I did mega-update this weekend. So, I don't know if it's the patch or what.  I'm calling it the Excorcist Bug myself, because the most common issue I have is that my sims will freeze, mid-action, all except their heads, which slowly look from side to side and their eyes roll around. Quite freaky, actually.  So, yeah, me too.

I've seen that! It looks freaky.  Especially when it's one of the SV babysitters watching my poor vulnerable chil'rens!  But... for the record, I don't have awesomemod, any mod, cc, nor any patches, on my current install. <_<  (I'm getting there.  It took me about a year to consider Auctioneer, and even more for Carbonite.)  Though I wouldn't call it a vanilla copy.

Anyway, I normally go on a process killing spree when that happens.  Mixed results, and a few repeat offenders.  However, all of these alternate remedies and circumstances have me wondering, well, a few things actually.  Poorly summed up as: wtf do they all have in common, aside from running the sims 3?  Is it just that the system is on its knees at the moment, for various reasons?  Or is everyone just waving chicken bones to "fix" it?
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 September 06, 15:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was hoping all the cc hair I use to have was causing it, seems not. The only thing I can say is everyday I play sims 3 it does it after five or ten minutes in. I honestly don't know whats causing it, but it is discouraging me into playing sims 3 for a while. I can't get anything done without five or so minutes in the game freezes, for me that is a few sim days. I recently cleared out my patterns to see if it was that, no go. I've cleaned out a lot of my mods as well, still no go. Rather it's EAxis relate or AM, I hope it gets fixed at some point.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 September 06, 15:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible your problem is caused by overheating? Issues that occur at random points in play, but only after time has passed, may be heat-based.

Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 September 06, 15:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My computer has never had heating troubles before, back when the game came out I never had these issues.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 September 06, 16:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only just started having this issue, after installing the latest edition of Awesomemod. I have all the patches installed except the last one.

Last night I tried playing a small household (one Sim) on a smallish lot with a bare-bones house, just starting out with the standard $16K nest egg. She got hungry. Stood in front of the fridge for about 5 seconds, then took out some food. Went to the counter, put the food down, stood there for another 5 seconds, then started chopping. Periodically paused for another few seconds during the procedure. Took the pan to the stove, stood there holding it for (again) about 5 seconds, then started cooking, with more intermittent pauses. Took the finished plate and stood there for -- wait for it -- about 5 seconds. Took the plate to the table, put it down, stood there for (guess how many) seconds, then sat down and ate.

Huh
earthshoes
Asinine Airhead

Older and Meaner than You

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 September 06, 17:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a lot of this and just sort of resigned myself to it. Yesterday it took half the morning to get two of my Sim kids to the school bus. They moved like they were going, just slowly with lots of pausing and waiting for the other sim kid to go through doors. I followed them to the school where they did go in. But by the time they got there it was after eleven. In another household, the kid took so long just to get out the door that the bus left without him and he rode his bicycle instead. Nothing freezes and nothing acts like it's locked up. They just pause.

The other thing that really gets to me that seems to be a common complaint is that they don't do anything unless you tell them to.  In one household they congregate in the basement by the back door and just stand there. In another it's a hallway. Again, I've resigned myself to it.

Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 September 07, 00:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The long pauses have indeed increased after the very latest build of AM, as I had just started my computer up to play S3 and it had not had any time to heat up...  I too noticed my sims just standing around not "doing" anything whereas before this build, they would go about their business as I always play w/free will maxed.  My kids going to school go in lock-step formation and I should have taken a piccy of my teen and kid both poised on the top step of the front porch each w/a leg extended to take the next step, just frozen for a sim second... funny to see not so funny to play...   Wink

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: