More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:14:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game Hangs on Move Out with Awesome/Indie Stone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Hangs on Move Out with Awesome/Indie Stone  (Read 16179 times)
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Game Hangs on Move Out with Awesome/Indie Stone
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 08, 10:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the hangs as well.  I've been doing some experimenting, and I think I know what's going on.

I pick Move off the departing Sims' phone and the regular Move Out dialog appears.  If I select Empty Lot, it lets me pick a lot, but then the dialog has a big exclamation point icon that forbids the move because the target lot has no bed and fridge.  Apparently, despite the move-to-empty-lot button, it won't allow you to move to an empty lot.  There are no houses that the departing Sim can afford.

When I pick Kick Out, the game confirms what the new active family will be (the ones who didn't leave) and then hangs with the "Processing" dialog.

If I drop a fridge and a bed on an empty lot, the move out dialog thinks it's a house. If I move her out to that house, everything works.

If I raise the family's funds until the departing Sim has enough cash to afford a house, Kick Out works fine.

Bottom line seems to be Kick Out hangs if there are no viable destinations, and with empty lots unacceptable, low funds means no destinations.

I do not have Indie Stone installed... just AwesomeMod and a few custom hairs and clothes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 08, 13:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the LATEST? This bug was fixed already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 09, 04:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My version of AwesomeMod has a mod date of 8/5 0726.  If that predates the fix, then I guess disregard my post.

I just downloaded a new copy which says 8/8 0432.  I'll install it and see what happens.  I don't have the exact scenario anymore, but I can probably cobble together something equivalent.
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 09, 04:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, just did a test with the latest 'n' greatest.

It's still refusing to let a Sim move to an empty lot.  The same "must have fridge and bed" warning icon blocked me.

However, Kick Out seems to be working fine now.  The departing Sim took half the household money, jogged to the edge of the lot, and vanished.

I'm curious, though.  Since I know there were no lots - even empty one - he could afford, where did he go?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 09, 05:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still refusing to let a Sim move to an empty lot.  The same "must have fridge and bed" warning icon blocked me.
That's normal. The game won't let you boot sims to lots that cannot support the population you are ejecting, unless you are taking control.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 09, 08:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's normal. The game won't let you boot sims to lots that cannot support the population you are ejecting, unless you are taking control.

You can still roundabout do it in town mode. You can split a sim off from the household to the clipboard, then just put a single wall piece or any random thing on an empty lot and save and shove the sim in there then select another house as your active one.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 09, 09:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, right now, you can just kick them out and the game will handle it. They will no longer be completely unable to afford housing unless you are flat ass broke.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: