More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:22:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Skin change?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Skin change?  (Read 8734 times)
Tmantas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Skin change?
« on: 2009 August 09, 11:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi
Is there a way to change a sim`s skin when she`s already in town?
I made her with light skin in CAS, but, something happened and now she`s totally black,
blacker than the black skin option in CAS, it happened when i moved her into town.
Thanks for any help..
Huggz
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
Re: Skin change?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 10, 01:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhm you could try the resetSim cheat. Or try editing her appearance in the mirror or changing her clothes with the dresser which would cause her thumbnail to change and might readjust her skin tone.
Or you could install a custom skintone from a sims3 cc website...
Tmantas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 10, 01:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much, will give it a try
Sparkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 10, 04:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Indie Stone Mod, you can click on their cell phone, click Tweaks, click Genetically Modify Active Sim, and you're back in CAS.
Alternatively, if you have AwesomeMod, I'm pretty sure you can revert to CAS by entering in the cheat bar, "editsim [Sim name]", but I'm not completely sure about that.
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 10, 04:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Indie Stone Mod, you can click on their cell phone, click Tweaks, click Genetically Modify Active Sim, and you're back in CAS.
Alternatively, if you have AwesomeMod, I'm pretty sure you can revert to CAS by entering in the cheat bar, "editsim [Sim name]", but I'm not completely sure about that.

Yep, that would be correct.
Tmantas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 10, 09:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, i might try that mod as nothing worked when i tried yesterday, the game crashed instead. Shocked
Only a few cheat codes seem to work, like a few that can be chosen from the mailbox.
kittyuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 10, 17:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16291.0.html
I've just added my comment at the bottom of the post.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 10, 23:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, i might try that mod as nothing worked when i tried yesterday, the game crashed instead. Shocked
Only a few cheat codes seem to work, like a few that can be chosen from the mailbox.
That also might sound like your video card isn't high enough..? And since your game crashed perhaps you don't have a lot of hard drive or RAM? Those things together or separate could contribute to it I believe...
Tmantas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 11, 07:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when i made that sim, it was a glitch in CAS which i didn`t notice until before
i had quite made her. 2 of the skin colour options were exact the same and the red
colour were gone. My pc only crashes if i try this sim or leaves me down to desktop
if i try to choose a hairstyle in game that`s not working right. Am gonna buy a new
pc next year probably, i just don`t want vista, lol. Thanks all for responding  Wink
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 11, 16:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you buy a new PC you'll get Windows 7, which is basically Vista with some cosmetic changes. And Vista has nothing to do with this. If your sims are turning black, the most common cause is needing to update your video card drivers. Do some looking in the official forums, there's stickies on this.

And if it's just one sim, not all of them, yeah. Install Awesomemod --> editsim.
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 12, 11:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you buy a new PC you'll get Windows 7, which is basically Vista with some cosmetic changes.

Now, i don't want to pretend i know a whole lot about operating systems, but, i can tell you that after running the beta for windows 7 for a few months it's not "vista with some cosmetic changes". I can run just about any game i want on this without any problems that vista has, ever. Heck, i could even install and play Vampire the masquerade redemption without any problems, and that's something that i haven't managed to do under Vista, Xp or win2000...
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 12, 16:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you buy a new PC you'll get Windows 7, which is basically Vista with some cosmetic changes.

Now, i don't want to pretend i know a whole lot about operating systems

Well, that does say it... and I don't see a need to reply when I can't improve on the accuracy of your own words.

Windows 7 runs on the same code base as Vista - that is what I mean by saying the above. It is, for all intents and purposes, Vista Service Pack 3. And there's nothing wrong with that; I'd rather that Microsoft improve the code they've got than spend three times as long reinventing the wheel again. Especially when Vista's (admittedly fraught with problems) lifecycle was so short.

Being able to run Vampire: The Masquerade without problems is not an accurate measuring stick for this topic.
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 12, 16:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Win7 is superior to Vista in every way. It is Vista Done Right.
Try running it (not the beta, but the RTM).

We are in agreement. I'm only saying that for all intents and purposes... it's still Vista, just improved. 

I have run it - and I do like it. I'll be upgrading... heck, I'll even buy it. That'll hurt. Ouch.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 12, 16:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that "Vista" is almost synonymous with "broken", you may want to clarify that windows 7 is like vista, but not (as?) broken, rather than being "basically Vista"

INFP or something
Krib
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 12, 17:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol. Indeed. I can see the ad campaign now:

"Windows 7! It's like Vista, but without the sucky parts! Just think... now you can use your computer the way we intended you to do in 2007, but without those annoying blood pressure spikes caused by the User Account Control applet! Microsoft. Safeguarding your physical and mental well-being."
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 12, 23:32:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, i don't want to pretend i know a whole lot about operating systems, but, i can tell you that after running the beta for windows 7 for a few months it's not "vista with some cosmetic changes". I can run just about any game i want on this without any problems that vista has, ever. Heck, i could even install and play Vampire the masquerade redemption without any problems, and that's something that i haven't managed to do under Vista, Xp or win2000...

You must be doing something wrong then because I've run V:tM under both XP and Vista without any problems.  Vista did have problems at the start but it's stable enough now.  I've been running it for about 18 months without problems.  I am thinking of ungrading to W7 but I've no real complaints except the memory hogging (lots of RAMz helps).

Inteen for AL, yay!
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 13, 16:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am talking about Redemption and not Bloodlines.

Theres a whole lot of people on the Planet Vampire forums that have the same issues that just resolve it by running 2 operating systems, one of those being windows 98.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 13, 21:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am talking about Redemption and not Bloodlines.

So am I - actually, I'm talking about both.

Theres a whole lot of people on the Planet Vampire forums that have the same issues that just resolve it by running 2 operating systems, one of those being windows 98.

Well, as we know from TS3 fiasco, the tractability of games on individual systems can vary enormously.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 14, 13:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must be doing something wrong then because I've run V:tM under both XP and Vista without any problems.  Vista did have problems at the start but it's stable enough now.  I've been running it for about 18 months without problems.  I am thinking of ungrading to W7 but I've no real complaints except the memory hogging (lots of RAMz helps).

Well, it's great that you can install VtmR on both Xp and Vista without having to jump through any hoops whatsoever and i seem to lack the brains to install a game straight out of a box.., anyways i'm still happy that win7 does all these things without me having to do anything fancy to get it to run in the first place..which is what i want from a system in the end.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: