More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 01:31:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Not allowed to install Sims3Packs :(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not allowed to install Sims3Packs :(  (Read 5384 times)
stawr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Not allowed to install Sims3Packs :(
« on: 2009 August 08, 21:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First of all, my apologies if I posed this in the wrong place.

Ever since I patched to 1.2.7, I have been unable to install Sims3Packs. The installer window pops up, and the bar even moves across the screen, but then it just closes out and my items remain uninstalled. I figured patching my razor version to 1.4.6 might fix things, but it hasn't. I heard there was a Sims3Pack Multi Installer out there that might help, but I haven't been able to locate it? I know others have the same problem as me. Any solutions out there?
stawr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Not allowed to install Sims3Packs :(
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 08, 21:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game runs and the launcher launches Tongue It's just the installer popup window that seems to crap out on me.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 09, 00:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me all the time. I just keep the check in the box and keep hitting install. After 3-10 times it eventually gives me the success screen. Just another EA problem!

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 09, 01:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had the Launcher, launch on its own? I go to the bathroom with all windows closed and desktop clear and come back and the Launcher is asking me if I want to patch to 1.4...which I can't. I thought it happened before but I figured I accidentally hit a shortcut. But I don't have any shortcuts to accidentally hit anymore.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Rider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 14, 01:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have notice this, with the mods folder there and with awesome mod in it, the objects install for me fine but it won't give me a success window, I have the collector edition legal version, but if I rename the mod folder and then launch the launcher and then install the object it will give me a success screen, You might want to try to rename your mod folder just to see if this will work for you.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 14, 02:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many things are you guys trying to install at once? I find that it will almost always do 1 or a small amount (like 5 or less) of items at once without issue but that when I try to install a shit ton all at once it frequently craps out and takes many tries to go through.

If you are trying to install a ton of crap I would say try doing it in smaller bunches at a time.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 14, 03:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh... it's voodoo, Motoki.  Ryder's got the right idea, though; temporarily renaming Mods to something else will work, as will moving your Mods folder temporarily to your desktop.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 14, 03:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sort of, but not necessarily. Not in the same way as that loading crash. I just find that the more files you give it to install all at the same time the greater the chance it will choke on them and crap out. I've never had it do it once when I only install a few at a time but it frequently does it when I try to install many at once. There's a definite correlation.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 14, 03:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah.  Yeah, I was talking about how it affects some players, but not others.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 14, 12:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many things are you guys trying to install at once? I find that it will almost always do 1 or a small amount (like 5 or less) of items at once without issue but that when I try to install a shit ton all at once it frequently craps out and takes many tries to go through.

If you are trying to install a ton of crap I would say try doing it in smaller bunches at a time.

I've only ever installed one thing at a time, haven't tried multiples, and I still need to hit install several times before I get the success screen. Actually I just figured "that's EA" and stay persistent. I'm really not that surprised.

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: