More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:41:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to stop AL respawns?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to stop AL respawns?  (Read 5048 times)
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
How to stop AL respawns?
« on: 2009 August 09, 00:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have notownieregen and anti-redundancy. It seems like the game will not stop spawning the "Elder steampunk" variety of AL roomie/townies. Is there another mod I need? (Have looked.) This was a 'clean' neighborhood and has no suburbs. I suppose it's possible it's just one wave of the little bastards that got spawned when I loaded the 'hood the first time with AL, and I just haven't killed them all yet. but I feel like I've killed Lilly Do and Jace Rusiwicz a few times now. They're screwing up my theme.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: How to stop AL respawns?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 09, 16:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not an expert, but here's my understanding.  Those are "social townies" and there's no way to stop the game from generating them.  Different types are generated in different areas.  You're seeing "steampunk" ones, because that's what spawns in that area.  If you go to a different area, you may start seeing prepies or other types.

I believe you can change their clothes and hair.  I would suggest Pescado's clothing tool, or Christianlov's clothing rack.  Make them fit your theme, then ignore them.

Sorry I don't have better news.  I was very annoyed by them as well.  A radical solution you could experiment with is changing them to toddlers with SimPe.  It's possible this will keep them from visiting other lots, and keep new ones from spawning.  Proceed with caution, however, I don't think anyone has tried this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 09, 16:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably just a single batch, if you're getting them in one shot, and there are a lot of them. However, they will also spawn to populate any apartments that you don't fill up fast enough.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 09, 18:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could edit the empty apartment building and delete all the doors to the apartments you don't want...
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 09, 22:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot for the responses--the explanations fit what I'm seeing, and the solutions seem viable. (I'd been doing makeovers on them for a while, then started killing them, then just started getting annoyed). The door deletion is definitely something I'll consider, since I have a 9-apartment lot I want to use and I don't have 9 families I want to put in it--I'm sure that place is contributing to the problem.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 12, 23:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot for the responses--the explanations fit what I'm seeing, and the solutions seem viable. (I'd been doing makeovers on them for a while, then started killing them, then just started getting annoyed). The door deletion is definitely something I'll consider, since I have a 9-apartment lot I want to use and I don't have 9 families I want to put in it--I'm sure that place is contributing to the problem.

You can't put nine families in it anyway - the maximum is four.

Inteen for AL, yay!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 31, 17:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard rumors of a lot with 51 "closets" with apartment doors on them -- and the game generated a tenant for each!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 31, 17:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. That is exactly what will happen. Don't do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 31, 23:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't put nine families in it anyway - the maximum is four.

Maximum number of playable families is 4.  You can have a lot of non-playable apartments.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: