More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:22:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  burglar spawning
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: burglar spawning  (Read 7328 times)
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
burglar spawning
« on: 2009 August 09, 16:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance of adding "burglar spawing" to AWM?  Grin

I've seen other mods to remove them, but not make them.

Tryin' to see if my sim can win a fight.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: burglar spawning
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 09, 17:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question because I never ever get burgled due to the way I play (always someone awake or home) but does the game actually use neighborhood sims in the criminal career track as burglars? It would make sense to me if it did rather than spawning some spamatious npc that doesn't do anything else otherwise and disappears to never be interacted with outside of burgles.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 09, 17:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent half the town into the "crime" career, but I got no new buglars.  
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 09, 17:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but does the game actually use neighborhood sims in the criminal career track as burglars?
No. EA didn't design anything to make good sense like that. Roll Eyes The burglars are all service NPCs.

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 09, 19:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, my one family got robbed last night by a sim that lives in the hood. I was wondering the same thing so after the cops took her away, I went to Edit Town and found a household with the same last name. When I switched to that family, sure enough, she was a part of the household and was in jail.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 10, 03:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps it's a certain job rank.
I figure there will be "service" ones though due to the Hidden Trait.
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 10, 03:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I learned from someone about the mailbox cheat for spawning NPCs.  Seems like there are only two Burglars (one he/ one she).  If one is in jail, he/she doesn't come back when the cheat is used.  

Anyway, the dude seems like an easy fight (put him down before the cop got to help - yeah I got an alarm deep in the house - the backup plan  Grin).  Tried the cheat again.....the girl gave my sim and the cop the smack down twice!!!!!!

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, too bad the burglar spawning isn't random.....gettin' slapped silly by a supermodel would be interesting Cheesy
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 10, 03:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can spawn any NPC from the mailbox; Grim Reaper, Burglar, Firefighter, Police, Social Worker, Maid, Pizza Delivery, Science Geek, Mail Career, Newspaper Delivery, Repo-Man, Baby-Sitter, and Repair Technician.
But when I continously forced the Grim Reaper in order to try and make friends with him he left after three seconds and the next one popped up as a different person in my relationships panel. And the I forced the Science Geek but nobody ever came so I'm wondering what that's about...
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 10, 03:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grim Reaper didn't show for me, did get the thunder clap but no Grim.  I haven't tried any of the new (since two weeks ago) AWM features, I think there is a NPC reset?

BTW for those that want to know.....cheats need to be enabled, then select mailbox, shift-click
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 10, 04:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twooftmama - you might be on to something.

After pushing the mailbox button several times, I once got the standard burglar NPC, but then at the same time a Townie showed up, dressed differently, but with gloves.  The alarm went off before the townie made it into the house (the NPC was ahead of her)- I watched her run to the next house, which she then robbed (or at least it looked that way - I got interested in the NPC fight, so I lost track of what happened next door).

Pushin' the mailbox button so many times might not be good.  I have a mailperson that seems to have moved in without asking.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 10, 04:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting about the mailperson. You can kick her out though right?
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 10, 04:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I can ask her to leave - just waiting to see if she ever leaves - stayed there even when I went to work.  She just stays and brushs her teeth and reads my books and uses the toliet, but will not use the bed - keeps passing out.  She is not selectable like normal move-ins.  Gets scared and runs when the burglar appears, but then goes back to wandering around in my house.   I guess I could start a fight, but I try to leave that for the burglars  Grin

Yup its confirmed - a townie burglar.  I'm peeking in the window next door.  She is dressed in gray with gloves and a mask.
Looks like she cleaned it out.  Gonna get my sim over there for another fight!!!!!  yeehaaa!
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 10, 04:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always kill her off; either by turning on moveObjects and deleting her in Buy Mode (she free!), or by adding her to your family then killing her by some exciting means! Wink Except the second option means she'll be in your family tree and other sims will mourn her death.

But, what's probably the most enjoyable, is to build a small box with a stove and counter, then have someone go cook something. Call her over and leave the food on, then finish in the box. Everything (including her) will catch on fire and she/he'll die! Hehehe  Wink
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 10, 04:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's a new one, need to write that down.  Wonder if you can do something similar but electrocution  hehe

Townie was a "super villian" - not sure why she acted as a burglar?

Well, I got half the town on the criminal path (she is probably one of the first to get to that level), if super villian turns something on, I'm gonna get flooded with crooks.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 10, 05:33:46 by boomornot » Logged
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 10, 04:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

User beware, the mailbox button is unpredictable.  Never pushed it for paper boy.  Paper boy just showed up and dropped a paper at 2:30 am.  Not to worry, can't save anyway (get error 13 - tricks don't correct it) Shocked

Update: Total meltdown.  Townies appeared for no reason in the middle of the night (rang the door belll).  Thumped another burglar, but instead of running off, he went over and grap a book and started reading.  Could not get another fight to work.  Looked like other townies were moving around at night when normally they aren't (walking by at 2 am).   Played for about 30 minutes then flushed it -  I couldn't save anyway.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 10, 05:39:23 by boomornot » Logged
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 10, 23:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait your sure you can't work around the error 13 message? I get that from time to time. You just have to either press your start key on keyboard (the windows flag or command-m for mac?) or press shift five times then click cancel (opens stick key window which minimizes your game) and go into your sims 3 saves folder and delete the ".bad" file. The game is minimized at the bottom, so just click it and click save again. It always works for me.

Oh and I've never tried the electrocution one, because people say it's super hard. You have to have a clumsy sim (increases chances) and water all around (to get water puddles you could your sim pee in front the electronic; drag bladder bar down) something like a radio or tv or dishwasher that's broken and have them fix it. IF they don't have any mechanical skills it helps a lot too. You get a yellow ghost with electric currents in it! Cheesy
boomornot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 11, 02:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing would work, it was really boogered. Shocked  I'm not sure how much of that adventure was just a memory leak.

Sending half the town to the criminal career didn't help either - big backup of townies trying to get into crime central. Grin
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 11, 14:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just have to either press your start key on keyboard (the windows flag or command-m for mac?) or press shift five times then click cancel (opens stick key window which minimizes your game)

Alt-tab doesn't work?

INFP or something
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 11, 18:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just have to either press your start key on keyboard (the windows flag or command-m for mac?) or press shift five times then click cancel (opens stick key window which minimizes your game)

Alt-tab doesn't work?
Ah! Yes, that one also. At the time I couldn't remember all the different ways to minimize it. (I use the home key)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: