More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 02:16:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  1.4 patch is now out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 1.4 patch is now out  (Read 42829 times)
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: 1.4 patch is now out
« Reply #50 on: 2009 August 16, 20:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only problem is just that I must have my game cd in, the mod itself works beautiful.
Do you try to start the game via the Launcher by any chance? There's an additional cd check in the Launcher which isn't addressed by AM AFAIK.
Baronetess
snowyrat
Asinine Airhead

Save the kittun!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 August 16, 20:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.4 patch is now out, but the two links in official "AWESOMEMOD! SHINY! WIP - Download & Announcements" thread
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.msg447646.html#msg447646
are still pointing to 1.2.7 patch at EAdownloads, thus leading to 404 error as invalid URLs.
I hope some of the Awesomes wouldn'd mind fixing this. Thank you.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 August 16, 20:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only problem is just that I must have my game cd in, the mod itself works beautiful.
Do you try to start the game via the Launcher by any chance? There's an additional cd check in the Launcher which isn't addressed by AM AFAIK.

Ah good point. I never launch from that damned thing so I completely forgot about that.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
funforum
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 August 21, 22:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

delurks with unplayable game in hand...

has anyone experienced any weirdness at all with 1.4 patch?
my game keeps crashing after 3 min or so of play, i removed all my mods and my saved games and started a new game but still it crashes every time.

Has this issue been resolved at some point? Because I'm having it still, big time. Here's a short summary of my odyssey of the last few days (yes, days), if you want. (Saved game can also be had, if wanted.)

After I hadn't played the game since early/mid June, much less updated anything, for R/L reasons (the awesomeness I got back then worked wonderfully, all this time. What's that about it expires?), I came back here days ago (Tuesday?) to find even more awesomeness that - naturally - I wanted to have. Decided to take a risk and replace my working game with whatever EA is serving in their patches and get the latest AM.
- The first attempt to patch fucked up my game: uninstalled it, fresh install without cc, Riverview or anything at all (couldn't be bothered), patch to 1.4
- Installed the awesomeness (Aug 18 version) including frameworks but forgot to delete cache files. Get to neighborhood without problems, can CAS (something my puter does not like to do normally, it makes it touchy), and Edit Town is no problem either. Can do all that for hours (at least that half hour I spent there). Try to actually play: game crashes, badly, after 3 to five minutes, has Windows throwing tantrums and cry for momma. Lately, it even started to run checkdisk every other time.
- Thinking I messed things up by not deleting cache files, I uninstall, CClean, fresh install, patch, see above. Installed awesomeness (as of 20 Aug). Not forgetting cache files this time around.
- Game keeps crashing EVERY single time, ca. 3 to five (real) minutes after I get into play mode. Can put cribs into various houses in Edit town, build, CAS etc. But not play. Playing without Supreme Commander gives me maybe two minutes more. Saving every minute, after every action does not help. 3booting it does not help, framelimiting does not help. Tried it all. Only thing I didn't try is turning off Awesomestory, as this is why I gave up my working setup in the first place. (And the awesome One said he does not want us to work-around, so there.)
- In the end I tried to alleviate the problem today by downgrading to patch 1.3 and getting today's AM version, which - you guessed from this novel, most probably - did not help.

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me and provide insight into what is going on here. I assume I'm being too stupid?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 August 22, 01:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.3 is 99.9% the same as 1.4. They are virtually identical save for some fix for people who were having issues getting stuck during an attempt at uninstalling and for the Mac digital download people who for some reason could not use 1.3. Other than that it's the same damned thing basically.

Also, once again while deleting the cache files is a good practice just to eliminate things that might be causing issues, it will not solve the world's economic crisis and if you are having serious issues most likely it will not help.

I'm not sure what your problem is, it doesn't seem to be the usual oops I didn't patch or I patched but the patch ended up a borked halfway patched install issues.

Needless to say, make sure you are using the latest version of awesomemod. Since it expires I presume you have to be using at least a fairly recent one.

Also might want to double check and make sure you have the right exe version and that the patch took all the way (see here) and also run the launcher and look in the lower left to see what game version it says you are running.

If you haven't already, I would also try starting a new neighborhood and testing just to make sure you don't have a borked save.

Likewise if you haven't already, try taking all custom content but awesomemod out.

If you do all this and have the correct game version and still have issues with awesomemod, but the game runs fine when you take awesomemod out and your problems are easily reproducible and you can save just before they happen then I would get your save file to Pescado.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 August 29, 18:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just reinstalled Windows. Haven't played TS3 in a long time. Installed the update thinking it was 1.3 (didn't bother to read, that's for dummies). So I've got version 1.4.6

Thought alright, I'll give it a shot, came over here, read that it's supposedly compatible, installed framework and awesomemod.

Whenever I try to move in a sim, any sim, or take control of a household, the game just freezes. Animations continue as normal, I can move the mouse about, alt+tab into Windows with no problem, but the game will not budge and has to be forcibly quit. Removing awesomemod fixes the freezes.
ShmapnShmazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 August 30, 01:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anyone experienced any weirdness at all with 1.4 patch?
my game keeps crashing after 3 min or so of play, i removed all my mods and my saved games and started a new game but still it crashes every time.
i tried playing with an existing household but after i chose one the game didnt load the household and and the camera was stuck in the neighbourhood view.

This is happening to me too. I'm reinstalling to see if that fixes anything.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 August 30, 01:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. And I just reinstalled the game... AND Windows. Removing awesomemod fixes the problem. Definately in need of an update for 1.4+
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 August 30, 19:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did it fix anything? My 1.4.6 still freezes the second I try to move someone in or take control of a household. Have to play without awesomemod Sad
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 August 30, 20:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reinstalling Windows did you upgrade the graphic drivers?
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 August 30, 20:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything is ship shape on my end. Win XP SP3, video, sound, motherboard, directx... other games working normally.
ShmapnShmazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 August 30, 21:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So did it fix anything? My 1.4.6 still freezes the second I try to move someone in or take control of a household. Have to play without awesomemod Sad
It took 3 times to get it right. First time, my sims kept getting stuck in the mailboxes right when I started a game. Second time, every time I tried to choose a family it would get stuck in the neighborhood view, but the third time every thing worked fine. I have no idea why it would take 3 installs for it to work, and maybe that wasn't it at all that fixed it, but its working now so I'm good.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 August 31, 03:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sort of seemingly random behavior was a problem in Sims 2 as well. As for what causes it...? *shrug*

1.4.6 actually seems to be doing alright on it's own now. No crashing or weirdness or problems with aging or storymode (off) so far.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: