More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:58:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  1.4 patch is now out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 1.4 patch is now out  (Read 42766 times)
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: 1.4 patch is now out
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 07, 21:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should we take a poll to find out how many of us are here because the Sims2 jump bug led us to Pescado?

Easy answer: every one of us. And we stay because it takes a Pescado to fix the many many bugs and to make the game any good. Always has, always will- evidently.

Easy answer?  Maybe.  Correct answer?  No.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 07, 22:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just patched via the launcher with no problems. I didn't remove my mods folder, framework, or CC. Haven't fired up the game yet, so not sure how it runs, but patch ran smoothly.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 07, 23:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patched the game (Mac) just because the 1.3 patch made the game unplayable in Mac OS, and I can only hope that something, sometimes, even by accident, can fix things a bit.
No differences, though.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 08, 01:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never had the jump bug, to my recollection. Course, I rarely played, usually made a new house and toyed with it for a bit before quitting. Pescado's mods made the game fun enough to play, for me.

INFP or something
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 08, 02:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Twas the phone-hack that led me here.

1.4 patch installed fine for me, even though I'd removed and backed up the EA families and lot library. For 1.3, I had put them back in to be on the safe side.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 08, 04:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patched this AM. Played about 3 hours, no problems. On a Mac with digital download so I never patched to 1.3.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 08, 14:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I don't need the 1.4 patch for AM, I won't bother with it.

I followed Pescado fron Rentech, too.  My first hack was the fix for the UNI final exams (had a sim sent home at the end of his freshman year), then I got JM's piano fixer.  Couldn't play TS2 OR TS3 without my MATY patches!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 09, 04:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with the idea that TS3 was broken upon release. I can't compare to TS2 as I never played that one.

First problem -  I was at Best Buy getting some cables or something and they had it at the register. I failed my saving throw and bought it. The DVD would not read in my computer. Went online and found a bunch of the same complaints. I returned the disk and bought the digital download version. This was a major complaint for the release.

Second problem - Story mode as written didn't work and EAxis admitted it. Once it was on it was always on with no way to turn it off. I lost several friends to move out. I found out about MATY from the BBS, downloaded AwesomeMod, and have never looked back. Without AM I would have stopped playing the game within about a week or so.

Third problem - (alright, not a release issue, just an EAxis one) - I could not update to 1.3 due to the Mac digital download not being available. So, I'm running 1.2 and old AM. When I get home I'll get to see if I can update to 1.4.

Far as I remember, The only trouble I had with Sims 2 at release was the batch of it at one wal-mart was corrupted randomly on files.
Far as I remember, there were no bugs that I encountered.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 09, 09:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Far as I remember, The only trouble I had with Sims 2 at release was the batch of it at one wal-mart was corrupted randomly on files.
Far as I remember, there were no bugs that I encountered.

Many of the base-game bugs were silent killers that, after playing for a long time, would make your neighbourhood begin to glitch. I think they might have actually done some token playtesting of the base game. Just, as time went on, they playtested less and less and so more obvious bugs got through.

INFP or something
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 09, 17:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of TS2 bugs, does anyone besides me remember the "lot slow-down bug"?  This usually happened during or after the base game had decided to randomly spawn anywhere from 60 to 100 gardeners in a neighborhood. Time became so unbearably slow in the household you were trying to play that it was impossible to play them. The only solution was to move them out, at which point you lost all of their career and aspiration rewards because Sims had no inventory.

I started picking up Pescado's mods before even Rentech's site, when they were uploaded to MTS.

The patches that were released never fixed all of the bugs and often times the second patch broke fixes in the first patch so a third patch had to be released.  I remember one particular bug (don't remember which it was right now, but it was one I had a mod to fix all that time) that was in the base game being fixed in a patch for a much later expansion pack.  EA's track record for creating problem-free programming is lousy, but at least they're consistent. Cheesy

Plu
Asinine Airhead

Have you seen tea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 August 09, 19:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm, quick question - Pescado mentioned in an update something about the last patch being integrated into AwesomeMod, but also included a link (now broken) to the patch. So, do we need to patch our games if we're using AwesomeMod or not?

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 09, 19:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes you still have to patch. Awesomemod requires the 1.3 patch at this time.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 August 09, 19:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I don't need the 1.4 patch for AM, I won't bother with it.
You should probably get it, otherwise your game is a ticking time bomb until you have to uninstall and it blows up, it seems.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
goldfish
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 August 09, 21:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you who don't know it's out, the simguru bg fixed it for the launcher. It's pretty much a patch for the patch.  At first it wasn't up but now the update should pop up on the launcher.  I'm guessing the latest of AW is not compatible with the new patch?
v1.4.6 update is a minor change.
1.4 basically IS 1.3 with two fixes ...valide if you're getting problems with 1.3 installation!
Groosalugg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 August 12, 01:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anyone experienced any weirdness at all with 1.4 patch?
my game keeps crashing after 3 min or so of play, i removed all my mods and my saved games and started a new game but still it crashes every time.
i tried playing with an existing household but after i chose one the game didnt load the household and and the camera was stuck in the neighbourhood view.

Jenna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 August 12, 01:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noobie question!!!
I installed the framework for dummies.
In installed awesomemod
I have the 1.4.6 patch and legal sims 3.
Awesomemod description says its compatible with 1.4.6 patch.
That all looks good.

I never have problems with the first loading screen which is good! Cheesy
I can select which hood and household and load those! Good.  Cheesy

When start the game play a sim and then in a minute it crashes every time. HELP! Huh

I have no other mods installed, just awesome mod, and made a new empty hood to test.

After it crashes I delete the scriptCache.package and the others everytime

I so much want to play with awesomemod !!!!
What can I do to make it work?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 August 12, 02:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce this error. Send a saved game that crashes shortly after hitting Unpause every time and we will take a look.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 August 12, 02:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are *lots* of us having this problem today... Mediafire OK?

[eta] Wait! If the game does nothing more than load and just crashes when you un-pause... there is no way to save it (as is) to send to you... or am I missing something because I'm non-awesome?

[eta2] Here are my 2 hoods (can't remember which one I'm playing), and all the .txt reports from my crashes today with the latest AM.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=0b10bcdfa1b546dfd956df2962098fcbae8059bc45bcce6d5621d66e282a0ee8

[eta3] The crashing one is Sunset Valley 1... I don't play the other hood.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 12, 03:24:13 by DMDye » Logged
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 August 13, 02:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, back on topic, does anyone have a link to a crack for the latest patch? For some reason Awesomemod's disable disk check is not working for me since the latest reinstall/enpatchenation.

mimmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 August 16, 16:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, back on topic, does anyone have a link to a crack for the latest patch? For some reason Awesomemod's disable disk check is not working for me since the latest reinstall/enpatchenation.

For me neither. Any suggestions how to solve this would be most appreciated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 August 16, 17:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It helps to:
A. Turn it on.
B. Make sure you don't have crudules interfering with it.

mimmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 August 16, 17:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It helps to:
A. Turn it on.
B. Make sure you don't have crudules interfering with it.

Thanks for your answer J.M
A. Itīs turned on by default, thanks to you
B. I have no other mods, so whats more can interfer?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 August 16, 17:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, you people that are uninstalling and reinstalling to patch are reinstalling the framework too, correct?

Do you have:

d3dx9_31.dll in this directory C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

resource.cfg in this directory C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

A mods\packages\hacks bla bla folder also in this directoryC:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

The latest version of awesome mod (awesome.package) in either C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages\hacks

The (optional) awesome mod config (aweconf.package) in either C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages or C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\mods\packages\hacks

The 1.34 or 1.46 patch installed. (Don't assume, check your version see here. You can also check your version in the lower left hand corner of the launcher)

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
mimmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 August 16, 18:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, you people that are uninstalling and reinstalling to patch are reinstalling the framework too, correct?

Do you have:

d3dx9_31.dll in this directory C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Yes I have all the above in itīs right places. My only problem is just that I must have my game cd in, the mod itself works beautiful.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 August 16, 18:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the only other thing I can tell you is try taking everything out but those two awesomemod files and see. Take out anything under mods/ and it's subdirectories that isn't awesomemod and I'd also move the whole C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 directory out just to test.

I can't imagine it would be a custom content item to cause such a thing but then again in the past I have had some custom content that was made incorrectly do some very weird things and mess with things it wasn't supposed to be messing with so you never know.

Beyond that, I don't really know. It's working for the rest of us. We can't fix something we can't reproduce and I've tried to think of all the possible scenarios I could think of that might cause such a thing, but eh, if you have to get a crack them get a crack. Just keep a copy of your original ts3.exe and tslhost.dll.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: