More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:18:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  GoldDigger - What's the point?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: GoldDigger - What's the point?  (Read 7749 times)
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
GoldDigger - What's the point?
« on: 2009 August 06, 17:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For first time I gave a Sim the Gold Digger trait and I cannot see any point in it.
She entered the business career and was just a newspaper girl. I made the recent widowed Geoffrey Landgraad to propose her and I had to use all the boring process to get him the option to propose marriage (He needed to pee and interrupted the romance, later he was needing to eat, then to sleep, so the process was really boring). When I finally got them to be lovefriends and Geoffrey proposed her - SHE SAID NO!

So, what for the hell is considered Gold Digger with all the explanatory test included? Geoffrey has probably only a couple of days to live. I had to move her in and try again because I want her to replace the Landgraab household (the two legitime descendents are really to scrap).

BTW, she was living as roomie by the Goths. Goth's household funds §302,000.00. Moving her to the Landgraabs made her take §135,000.00 with her. So, she stole the Goths.
Was this the point of a Gold Digger? No, I don't believe. It has happened before with other traits.

ForNeverKrystle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: GoldDigger - What's the point?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 06, 18:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....He needed to pee and interrupted the romance....

It would appear that even Gold Diggers have standards, and evidently getting hitched to an incontinent old man, even though he's on the point of popping his clogs, conflicted with hers.  Grin
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 06, 19:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps she decided he was too easy a challenge?  Even Gold Diggers want some sense of hard earned fulfillment after the task is complete. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 August 06, 20:07:36 by Dragon Slave » Logged
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 06, 19:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't this want bugged anyway? I'm sure I read that on some other thread. I don't think it's acheivable.

Meggichan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 07, 04:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it to work. You need to have your sim marry someone s/he knows is rich, kill off the rich spouse, then keep the urn or tombstone around until the ghost appears. Let your golddigger (I keep wanting to say "grave digger," which I s'pose is kinda the same thing) interact with the ghost. When the living encounters the dead, you win! ^_^

And really, the only point to it is for completion purposes a la legacy challenge, I think. Or making a single family obscenely rich in a very short amount of time.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 07, 06:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ho-Ho. It confirms that there's no point. It is just another child mini-game. Thanks.
veezee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 07, 09:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ho-Ho. It confirms that there's no point. It is just another child mini-game. Thanks.

I would hope children wouldn't really understand this particular LTW, much better for them to want all their sims to be astronauts  Tongue
charbok
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 07, 18:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let your golddigger (I keep wanting to say "grave digger," which I s'pose is kinda the same thing) interact with the ghost. When the living encounters the dead, you win! ^_^

That might be one of the most retarded things I've read recently.  A golddigger is someone who marries someone wealthy just for the sake of taking their money.  A gravedigger is the person who does the menial job of actually digging the graves.  How the hell are they "kind of the same thing"?  k just stupid.

I don't understand the hate though.  I always make my Simself a golddigger.  It's perhaps one of the easiest LTWs to fill, and it's so evil and fun. 
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 07, 23:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

k just stupid.

Gotta love the No Sense of Humor trait. Smiley

I haven't had a sim with that LTW but I have had a couple of sims marry rich sims who were about to croak.  We make money the old fashioned way:  we marry into it.

Sim Hook made friends with the Bagley woman who was a career criminal with a house loaded with loot.  When I got the notification that she didn't have long to live I rushed over the next day and married her.  She obligingly died early that evening.  Yeah, Sim Hook had bad moodlets, but it's amazing how easy it was to deal with them when you're filthy rich.

I kept the remains in the bedroom and the ghost would come out occasionally. The only bad thing was once the ghost came out right as Sim Hook was starting to woohoo his new young wife.  The ghost was not pleased.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 07, 23:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA confused Gold Digger with Black Widow or mixed both and called it the wrong thing.

A Gold Digger does not care if the husband dies afterward or not, their purpose is marrying into financial security as "black widow" is slang for women who murdered their husband(s), usually for financial gain.

Granted the game does not really allows Sims to kill others but the whole death thing is just misleading , granted it would make the LTW easy to achieve but hell its not like other LTW are particularly hard.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 08, 01:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Often when a person marries up, s/he doesn't get access to his bank accounts - but when the rich spouse dies, he leaves her (or vice versa) a huge inheritance. I suspect that's what it was going for.

INFP or something
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 08, 07:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I read the text that explain this trait, I thought they finally found a way to carry out something that was supposed to be included in TS2. In fact when TS2 was to be released, there was a propaganda in a computer magazine that showed a very curvy blondine A la Monroe totally excited seeing the Grip come to take her crumpled new husband just after the ceremony.
This was never in TS2 and I don't think that it was for moral reasons.
A child would perfectly understand that a bad girl/toy boy would be happy to see a rich old guy clap with the clogs (as funny said). And first of all this game is classified "Teen" so I don't think EA should be responsible for minors minds. It is the parents responsibility to play together with their minors and care about they don't use some of the features.
I would like to have a little bit more deep in this trait. It would be easy just to make it so that Sims given this trait would never fall in love. It would be something "one way".
The way it is now, is just waste.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 08, 13:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA confused Gold Digger with Black Widow or mixed both and called it the wrong thing.

A Gold Digger doesn't have to kill her husband.  Anna Nicole Smith comes to mind.  Marry a rich old guy and wait.

My sims didn't kill their rich spouses.  They just had deathbed marriages.  Not my fault they died within 12 hours of the wedding.  Yeah, this game has made me surprisingly mercenary. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 09, 18:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Give a Sim any bad trait like "Evil" and you get the option for "Gold Digger" among other LTWs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: